• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Thoughts on "Secret Ending"

GOODKyle

So above it simply features Jake in the middle east on a "mercenary" job after his blood saves the world and all that crap. Sadly, I only see three bad possibilities to this.

1. It sets the stage for Resident Evil 7 and doesn't look like a thing that the fans want. Just more action this time in the middle east.

2. It sets the stage for DLC featuring Wesker Jr. and can go into his whole bit that wasn't revealed in the main game. Again, I don't think anyone wants DLC to this game basing it off most reviews. Plus, if it does go into Jake's early history I can already hear the complaints about how this should have been in the campaign to begin with.

3. It's just there acting as the "secret ending". No meaning besides Jake doing what he's always been doing just for "good" this time. Not very interesting.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
On the flip side, I quite liked it (and Jake in general) and would be cool with either scenario you mentioned.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
LOL every resident evil game has a hero that dosnt make it out alive.
MAJOR SPOILER
---------------------------------------------------------
Steve
Luis
and a couple others

BranBran

I think the secret ending was perfect. I wouldn't mind DLC for Jake or for him to even be in RE7. I don't care about the reviews either, because they were just opinions lol. My opinion is all that matters to me, and I love this game. Best RE in my book. ;)

zeroskaterz92

everyone knows that Jake is the next generation that will save the world. talk about responsibilities with the strength he have (after he just b*tch slap Ustanak) and Chris acknowledge him even tho Wesker was his father.

willowsby

Jake as main character in RE7? I hope not.

I don't mind seeing him in future RE, but not in the next game & as main hero, if he become main hero, this is just another Devil May Cry.

zeroskaterz92

Jake as main character in RE7? I hope not.

I don't mind seeing him in future RE, but not in the next game & as main hero, if he become main hero, this is just another Devil May Cry.
well, Jake is officially a main character, it is what it is. also, he's got a special blood. we finally got a "good" Wesker as a protagonist, let just say Capcom trying to bring up Alex Wesker.
i can only see that Jake has the potential to beat him, unless of course, if Capcom pull a retard move the same way as they did to Albert Wesker by injecting the Uroboros in him thus making him vulnerable.

willowsby

actually I really wish there are no more characters with special ability like Paul WS Andersen movie.

What I want for future RE characters are just ordinary people or civilian whose struggle to kill, not government top agent or BSAA captain with heavy military attribute.

zeroskaterz92

if like that, then there's no point that the game has to develop a plot continuation then, like how RE related to RE2, RE3 and so on. this isn't Silent Hill, where each random character has their own backstory to deal with their own nightmare, even tho Harry in the first game related to Heather in the third game, but both character deal different kind of nightmare and the outcome.
RE isn't like that, the plot has continuation that related to one and another - the outbreak start off in a mansion and drag it out to the city, etc.
by going on like ordinary people or civilian through the rest of the series, it's plain cliche like the rest of the Hollywood horror films, or at least zombies films - few people struggle with an outbreak, trying to stay alive, at the end either they survive or dead, end of story.
for a standalone game, that might work but not for a game that have sequels and prequel.
imagine that they doing that will all their games, where's the actual plot then? no need for Wesker, B.O.Ws and so on, just throw off thousand zombies and that's it.

slack

I don't think this is a prelude to a future resident evil game. If anything this is just to show how much Jake has changed in character. He was humbled by his whole experience with Sherry and for all intents and purposes saw the light in being a good person and using his gift (the super antibodies and being a trained soldier) for the good of humanity. He went from being a douchebag that was selling his blood for 50 million a pint to someone who would clear out an infestation of BOWs for an apple. That kinda speaks for itself.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
actually I really wish there are no more characters with special ability like Paul WS Andersen movie.

What I want for future RE characters are just ordinary people or civilian whose struggle to kill, not government top agent or BSAA captain with heavy military attribute.
Special ability? Jake doesn't have a special ability, he has a blood-type that makes him immune to the C-Virus but, other than that, he's an ordinary person. Comparing him to Alice is ignorant and makes you look ill-informed.

Top Bottom