• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City This game is that bad, multiplayer or not

killstreaker

a hunter not reacting to a knife. sounds pretty likely. it'd be like taking a swipe at an alligator with a knife. only reaction would be it eating your hand.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man. What's with all of the ORC hating going on. Honestly, I think they did a great job with it. Sure it's not the longest game. It's not the cleanest game as far as glitches go. But for an RE game what WASN'T made by Capcom (Because this was made by Slant 6, just licensed by Capcom) it did a damn good job of staying true to the series. It was intense, and the characters felt real. Plus, it did a GREAT job of reviving Raccoon City, which really we hadn't got anything new about since what, RE3? The altered the cannon in a brilliant way. And what do you mean they didn't give you mission briefings? As I recall they did. I'm sorry, but I'm with Flora on this one. This game receives WAY more hate than it deserves.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i would like to say that this game is sooooo bad it's sooo good, this one (operation raccoon city) is a guilty pleasure of mine (to be specific mulitplayer verses, team-attack only though)

yessss.....i've said it :p

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
tumblr_m2ohxkoqD31qk88o4.gif

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Havent played it yet.. might try to pick it up used. Im mostly curious about the story rather than the gameplay.

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
2011_03_na-1-20110325113902_reorc_final_eu_logo_blk_bg_rgb.jpg
what a game .. what a game​
everyone hate it​
everyone say bad things about it​
some of them played it​
some not .. but still hate it !!!​
this game has Received many hates .. and i dont know why !!​
is it about the good graphic ??​
or about the same story ?​
or about the perfect guns .. ?​
or about the zombies .. because u dont like zombies with guns ..so ORC has zombies without guns ....​
there is no ((Perfect game)) ..​
maybe this game not good in things .. but its good .. its more than good​
in the story and modes ( attack , survive , biohazard , heroes ) its damn good​
i love this game ..​
and if it about the main gun or if u want two main guns .. come on dude .. this is not their mistake​
its urs .. cuz u cant play with one main gun ..? u need a lot of guns ..right?​
then play GTA and enter the cheating numbers in the phone .. u will c a lot of guns .. lol ..​
just kiddin​
i hope u got the point​
we know that the team has a bad respond​
and stupid a little lol ..​
but that didnt make this game bad​
look at the bright side .. you can kill ur team and play alone lol ..​
my opinion is​
Resident evil ORC .. not perfect BUT the goods in it .. makes me love it mooooooore​

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Why i think this game is terrible:
The controls and aiming. First things first, if its a shooting game, make the shooting mechanics tight. This has the WORST aiming and shooting i've ever had the displeasure of controlling since like pre ps1. Its awful, straight awful. Can't describe enough how bad the aiming is. Firstly they dont allow you to put the sensitivety up past what in most games in SLOW. Even on fastest its like other games' slowest. Thats my main problem. Add to that the aim acceleration which is huge distorted, this means when you turn it starts reallllly slow, then the longer u turn the quicker u turn, so its a bit like turning a car on ice. I find it hurts my thumbs a lot when i play because im slapping my aim analog all the way over so much and getting little response from the character,. Even fastest aim on slow Re5 was faster, which is really saying something. compared to re6 the aim speed on 10 is tolerable but could be faster, As an old school gamer i like high senstivety and i realy hate it when console games dont allow this -probaly better on PC

The guns are sh*t too. Absolute crap. Its like GTA 3 on ps1 . Your better blind fireing than aiming thanks to how crap they are.
I also dont like the zombies. their awful. It didnt stay true to the old re2/re3 games because the zombies look awful. They charge at you and some have glowing red dynamite. Doesnt look like re to me, looks like a bad gta clone with terrible controls. Sorry everyone im sure u have your fun in the versus but to me- A shooting action game- I put controls and the feel, the gameplay, above everything else, and the control in here is the worst of all games i have.

Seriously just look at gears of war 3. That is how controls should be done. you can adjust the aiming to be super super fast or very slow, the characters are responsive and the guns Work.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Why i think this game is terrible: The controls and aiming.

I agree it was the controls that turned me off. I love everything RE and was terribly excited to play this, but got frustrated very quickly tryin to fight my way through, and never really felt in control of, or attached to any of the characters. I'm sure it could just be a learning curve, but it wasn't worth it for me, and I hated sticking to everything. I was pretty much done after about half an hour, and returned it to the store. I think the only other game I turned around like that on was Gaiden. And Gun Survivor, but I finished that one anyway because it was easy =p.

On another note, my roommate and I agree on almost everything RE, and he LOVED this game. Go figure. So I really think that whether you like this game or not depends on how easily you adapt to the control system, and it's probably different for everyone. I really WANTED to like it lol. I just didn't find it enjoyable enough to keep playing.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i know some people swear by ORC but i dont think adapting has much to do with it...sensitevity is something the game Should offer options ....a simple 10kb update could make sensitety x 3 what it is now...trying to spin around is terrible terrible terrible, takes what 5 seconds to do a full 360 spin on full speed? just wow.
And then they take the classic Left stick (movement stick) and A 180 spin, and make it Right stick and LB ...right stick is aim,. so to turn 180 first i have to look at the ground,lol, cos im inverted, next i have to hold LB (change button) so to do a 'quick 180' its now look at floor, switch weapon (so start with pistol if u wanna quick turn and end up with primary ) then slowly do the crappest 180 ever. seriously, lol-able controls

Artas1984

I just started playing this game. Finished 2 levels. I just couldn't put myself to continue playing.

Same here, we really don't have to play garbage just because it bares a Resident Evil name, but since this is a spinoff game, it is not a tragedy that it came that bad. Suffice to say, it was one of the worst games of all times that i've tried to play on a PC and ended up quitting it very soon - it is the lack of atmosphere and the overflow of dullness that the game is full off and it just felt incredibly boooring... I am a huge fan of the RE franchise, that actually liked Resident Evil 5, but this was a huge disappointment.

DarkJackal

I actually enjoyed the gameplay of ORC. The gameplay. It felt kinda unrefined maybe? But still all right. Thought the weapons system seemed a bit cheap. Change the bars to numbers and give the weapons more attention. Maybe some customizing.
I've played it multiple times through with my gf, its fun as a coop monster killing game with zombies. And its cool seeing Raccoon City again, especially exploring more of it.

That being said. I hate whoever decided it was ok to take a game like RE2 or 3, games where you played the whole way through, experiencing everything the characters you play as did, and completely add and change their story >.>. I mean I don't remember fighting umbrella agents along side soldiers? lol That was ridiculous.

I hate them even more for when they showed off the game in trailers, how cool the trailers looked with Umbrella Agents as well as the soldiers and stuff, but then buying the game only to find out half of the ****ing game was DLC. -_-.

I would like to see another ORC game. Just maybe have some consistency with the RE story? Was there an absolute need to interact with Leon and Claire and Jill in any way at all? Why couldn't we just observe and ignore them?

Top Bottom