• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third RE CGI Movie is called "Resident Evil: Vendetta"; targeted for 2017 release.

Unknown

I really don't see what the problem is with Claire in Revelations 2. She's just a bit older than when we last saw her and wearing makeup.

She looks perfect in Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles, very similar too. In Rev 2 she looks...not like those two.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm very curious to see Rebecca in this movie. After seeing her character, I'm just going to tell myself that this movie has it's own "art style" xD I just really hope she's not dead or something :( I'm actually starting to get worried about that now.

Oh and not to be THAT guy or anything.... but you know that a lot of people thought was Albert Wesker?

alias.jpg

That guy?! Well apparently his name is Glenn Arias. Supposedly.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm very curious to see Rebecca in this movie. After seeing her character, I'm just going to tell myself that this movie has it's own "art style" xD I just really hope she's not dead or something :( I'm actually starting to get worried about that now.

Oh and not to be THAT guy or anything.... but you know that a lot of people thought was Albert Wesker?

alias.jpg

That guy?! Well apparently his name is Glenn Arias. Supposedly.
Hmm, the article on relyonhorror mentioned that she'd play a major role in flashbacks and Chris's relationship with her would be brought up in the present, so now I'm worried that might be true. All I can say is, if they do kill her, they'd better do her justice.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hmm, the article on relyonhorror mentioned that she'd play a major role in flashbacks and Chris's relationship with her would be brought up in the present, so now I'm worried that might be true. All I can say is, if they do kill her, they'd better do her justice.

I agree, though I'd much rather a major character to die in a game rather than a movie. After all she was once a protagonist. It would be sad to see it all wasted like this. Not to mention that there are a lot of things they could do with a major character death. A film will simply not have the same emotional effect that a game would have as it is the source media and the player won't be engaged in the same way. Ugh... I really hope this isn't the case for creative reasons.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I also think that screenshot of Rebecca is from a flashback, because I doubt that she even still has that old uniform. That face also doesn't look like it's approaching 40. If she really only appears in flashbacks, I just hope they won't retcon her into having been killed by the hunter after all, just to give Chris yet another reason to be sad. He already has enough of those.

Speaking of which, perhaps we're also going to see a younger Chris in CGI for the first time. That would be cool! "Old" Chris is still a sexy fafo, but my favourite has always been REmake Chris. (Not that he will look anything like that in the movie, judging by how they changed his older face, but it would be interesting nevertheless.)

I really don't see what the problem is with Claire in Revelations 2.

Yeah, same here. Jill's face was totally changed for Revelations, but Claire still looks like herself, just older.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That's interesting that they are showing flashbacks of Rebecca, wonder what they need to retell. I think it would be stupid for them to advertise her return only to announce that she died in the mansion or some other point over the years. Maybe they have to rescue her again... or they pair her and Chris up mwahahaha.

Something else that has crossed my mind is what if she isn't so innocent? Maybe she's involved in something.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Exactly what I expected lol.

It has been quite some time since anyone has seen Rebecca so that's probably why they are showing her in some flashbacks. Wonder how she'll look as a 30-something year old woman.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
There's a translated synopsis from a press release on anime now!
http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2016/12/15/100042

This sounds too good to be true!!

I'm not sure how credible that site is as I don't follow that kind of stuff, but it does seem believable. Given the approach of the other movies and the manga's. There isn't much of a reason to doubt this. Of course there is no reason to fully believe it either. I'm open minded about it and I'm excited for the movie to come out. Kind of glad they didn't spoil anything because I really couldn't help myself and I'm hoping there are some interesting ties to make this title more related to the games than the other films. At least we know we're getting a good dosage of the characters we love.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
So Chris definitely looks weird to me, but I can't quite pin down what it is. If I look at any features individually it looks like the Chris I know, but take it as a whole and he looks strange. Anybody know what it is?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
So Chris definitely looks weird to me, but I can't quite pin down what it is. If I look at any features individually it looks like the Chris I know, but take it as a whole and he looks strange. Anybody know what it is?

I feel like they combined REmake Chris and RE5 Chris into some weird amalgamation of the two.

...and I don't really like looking at it.

I find it strange how they change the character models in this series all the time. It's like the old actors didn't want to be a part of the new movie so they found someone who kinda look the same but still not. Why do they do that when it's animation? makes no sense.....

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

One of the things I take issue with is his nose, it seems pointier than usual, and his entire face turned... kind of half-Asian? You know, like Leon in Degeneration, where you can clearly tell it's him, but several people have pointed out that he suddenly looks like one of his parents was Asian. Apparently it's Chris's turn now, and I find it especially noticeable in this screenshot:

3129999-jmkj2v1.jpg

Also, someone in the comment section of this Rely On Horror article says that he looks like a potato, and now I can't unsee it. Chris, the grumpy potato... :razz::lol:

Strafer

Church bells...!? Are you kidding me!?
And we still haven't gotten any confirmation if Roger Craig Smith is voicing him, then again we havent gotten any of the english voice actors.

Hope we get a speaking trailer soon.

Unknown

latest

latest

I will say that Chris does look different, and it is jarring, but looking at these two pics, it's actually not far off.

It's the CG, it's messing with people's perception of him.

There's also this pic, in which I think he looks perfectly normal.
re-vendetta.jpg

There's just a lot more potential with the CG for facial animation that isn't possible in the games.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't know for sure, but it does sound like Roger to me.

I can't help noticing that not only does Leon look like a teenager next to Chris, but he also uses what seems to be the tiniest pistol in the history of RE, compared to Chris's big-ass machine gun. I wonder if they're trying to tell us something with this...

Top Bottom