• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Things that shouldn't have been dropped from RE5(imo).

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
After playing some RE5 with a friend a little recently, I noticed a couple small pet peeves that I wish they would've left in. This is going to be a short list, so if you have anything to add, feel free.
*I would've put this in the "Complaint Thread", but this is specific to RE5 only.*

1. When you pick up items, the character actually picks them up. I liked this as it added to any sense of realism.
2. The weapons you have with you, are literally on your characters back. Again, a little realism, a nice touch.
3. The inventory system. While I much prefer the older ones not in real time, I realize they had to do this to adapt to co-op and online gaming. I miss the perks of RE5 inventory too. Such as being able to reload quickly from the menu, which I know takes away from the "realism" points from above.
4. Mercenaries difficulty. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I can just mow down anything in RE6 Mercs. They also had better alternate outfits :/

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I agree with you on 1,2,,and 4 frankly i prefer the new system but mehh

But honestly they should have left those in

Btw if you really think about the game looks as if it was set up for Online only

1.)the inventory

2.) The A.I

3.)Mercs has a default difficulty (Unless you play one map over 5 times, then it gets un-godly brutal for some reason)

BeardedBushMan

I miss the upgrading of weapons!

Yes, there are points to purchase skills, but it doesn't feel the same to me.

It's also pretty petty, but why can't we use the alternative costumes in campaign mode?

calloftreyarch

I liked the upgrading in RE5 more. I liked that you could buy weapons like the RPG anytime you could afford one. But I hate that you can't in RE6

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's also pretty petty, but why can't we use the alternative costumes in campaign mode?

Oh, I whine about this every time the topic comes up, so you're not alone. But since I find most of RE6's alternative outfits ugly anyway (why didn't they give Ada the Witch and Piers the sexy Lifeguard costume from the art book?), I don't really mind in the longer term.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah weapons on the back is a big one for me. I hated been able to carry so many weapons. I know we can reorder them but only in a horizontal bar. The old inventory was much better as you could use up down left right and not just left right. I would prefer a short hub or prepare loadout before each mission if need be and only have like 4 mains like a pistol, shotgun, assault rifle and magnum rather than carrying a whole armoury with me which felt unrealistic.
i also feel mercenaries is too easy on re6. i think the main issue is the countering system. i know its meant to give us a chance but it just feels overpowered. LIterally every single attack from javo or zombie can be countered just by tapping the attack button. I think a dodge/strafe like chris does with his knife out would be more balanced or make the counter harder. For example the dogs are really hard to counter (the time window to click the trigger is tiny) but javos with swords are ridiculously easy as u have about 2 seconds to click the trigger.
In re5 mercs u always had to be cautious and died a lot more i think it was harder. Public assembly and prison i could do but all the other maps were solid difficulty, re6 all feels mega easy, the only challenge now is trying to get a stupidly high score by keeping the secret boss alive. I did play it for many hours and probaly more than re5 mercs but still i dont know if i'd go back to it much now, the novelty and even the fun of it has mostly worn off.

I think Capcom have missed the boat now to update it now anyway, if they release the DLC for re6 of Jill/Claire or more mercs characters it's too late for me personally

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
A small thing I would have liked from RE5 in RE6 was the impact and kick of the weapons, in RE5 when you shot a majini with the handgun, you felt the kick the weapon had and you could feel the impact the bullet had when it hit them. You also really felt the punch of the shotguns. In RE6 that feeling is gone, the handguns feel weak and the shotguns don't pack much of a punch as they used to. The melee attacks in RE6 also felt weak, in RE5 when Chris uppercutted a majini or Sheva roundhouse kicked them, you felt that impact, you don't feel it at all in RE6.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
A small thing I would have liked from RE5 in RE6 was the impact and kick of the weapons, in RE5 when you shot a majini with the handgun, you felt the kick the weapon had and you could feel the impact the bullet had when it hit them. You also really felt the punch of the shotguns. In RE6 that feeling is gone, the handguns feel weak and the shotguns don't pack much of a punch as they used to. The melee attacks in RE6 also felt weak, in RE5 when Chris uppercutted a majini or Sheva roundhouse kicked them, you felt that impact, you don't feel it at all in RE6.
That's true as well

Actually I think the only attack you can feel is a "Coup de Grace"

But even that attck feels weak

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I agree with pretty much everything. I liked having my weapons on a one button equip, but then again I do kinda like being able to get between healing/bombs with one scroll and weapons with another. Strategy kinda gets left out in the new system though (aside from the fact that it's small). I preferred the old school systems though.
Upgrades/costumes were a huge replay value, and definitely aren't anymore. Not that I'm suuuper upset, because frankly I like the costumes in 6 way better than 5. They should've been in the campaign though. Skills are pretty uninteresting to me. They're cool, but they should've been an addition to, not a replacement for upgrades. Equipping unlimited and shotgun master are just not nearly as fun as pulling out the new hydra that you FINALLY unlocked and bought. You just can't replay 6 and see anything "new". You just feel a bit more powerful. I know that merce is huge now but the campaign should've been the focal point.

I miss a lot of stuff from waaay back too. Was playing Re2 and shot a zombie in the stomach with a shotgun. Torso fell off, and then legs fell over. I'm thinking "ha.", when the torso comes crawling towards me. I miss things like that too. Enemies are too AI predictable in 6, which is why I think merce feels so easy.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Personally, I really miss the weapon upgrading and the alternate story mode costumes most. What's the deal, Capcom? You used to be all about loads of extra costumes in your games!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Maybe it's because every character is actually wearing several outfits in one campaign, one chapter even. I discovered this when I started modding: Leon's Asia outfit, for example, is not just one outfit like Chris and Sheva's BSAA uniforms in RE5 were, it's actually a set of several texture files that change every now and then when the character is supposed to get dirtier. Capcom was probably too lazy to go through with that with every single unlockable costume, but if you ask me, I wouldn't have needed those "dirt levels" for extra costumes. And if it's a must, they could have done it like Crystal Dynamics with Tomb Raider Legend, where things like dirt, water etc. are just layers rather than completely different textures.
But oh well... Wilsonso (I think that's his name) is working on a great trainer once again, it already includes model swapping, and I'm sure he'll find a way to make them work for cutscenes as well.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I figured it had to be something like that. It doesn't make sense any other way! And I agree that, although the extra dirt levels ARE nice, I would have probably still rather have had more costumes. Or at least the ability to choose between the costumes that are already there!

Top Bottom