• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) There are some doors that i cant open in this game

legendarysnake

Like remember the statue puzzle, where you have to push the statues to buttons on the floor? back then theres a door with a orange/yellow light that cant be opened. theres a way to do it?

in the last area theres a door where looks like i have to fingerprint claire and i need a second fingerprint. ok. probably leon is gonna appear and help me. nope. sherry maybe? shes captured in the area and the only time shes with me is when shes mother dies. And i cant enter there cause the lab is about to explode! whats the idea here?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
For the light door, you need a card. You need to restore the power and find the card in the autopsy room.

For the fingerprint door, you can only open it in game B. In the A game you need to use A's fingerprint, and in the B game you have to use the B character's fingerprint, and it will open for them.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
In the weapons room (light door) there's some ammo, a gun, and a sidepack for two more inventory slots, in the fingerprint one there's some ammo and Lickers, and if you didn't take the gun from the weapons room, it's there.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
In the weapons room (light door) there's some ammo, a gun, and a sidepack for two more inventory slots, in the fingerprint one there's some ammo and Lickers, and if you didn't take the gun from the weapons room, it's there.

I don´t think he means the Weapons Room as he mentioned the door being near the statue on the 2nd floor of the Precinct (the one that holds a red jewel). He means the door between the staircase and the statue room, which indeed cannot be opened as far as I know. the Weapons Room is in the basement.

As for the fingerprint door. Yeah you need to register your fingerprint with one character in the A scenario (at the computer in the Moth Room), then use your registered fingerprint on the fingerprint door. Then you need to do the same thing with the other character in the B scenario (registering fingerprint in Moth Room, then use it on fingerprint door) and then the door will open. Inside is a lab with crashed test tubes, a few Lickers and a submachine gun for the character who doesn´t have one already.

Oh and if you are wondering about the locked locker in Birkins lab? You need a special key for that one (which you can find by lighting the flare gun thats near the cable car with the lighter). Inside are Magnum parts which allow you to upgrade the Magnum. I always wondered whats inside the locker if you play with Claire though.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don´t think he means the Weapons Room as he mentioned the door being near the statue on the 2nd floor of the Precinct (the one that holds a red jewel). He means the door between the staircase and the statue room, which indeed cannot be opened as far as I know. the Weapons Room is in the basement.

As for the fingerprint door. Yeah you need to register your fingerprint with one character in the A scenario (at the computer in the Moth Room), then use your registered fingerprint on the fingerprint door. Then you need to do the same thing with the other character in the B scenario (registering fingerprint in Moth Room, then use it on fingerprint door) and then the door will open. Inside is a lab with crashed test tubes, a few Lickers and a submachine gun for the character who doesn´t have one already.

Oh and if you are wondering about the locked locker in Birkins lab? You need a special key for that one (which you can find by lighting the flare gun thats near the cable car with the lighter). Inside are Magnum parts which allow you to upgrade the Magnum. I always wondered whats inside the locker if you play with Claire though.

I know he said something about the statue, that makes sense if he's talking about that door, he just didn't mention it being boarded up so I thought maybe he was actually talking about the weapons room.
Apologies if I was wrong.

BioHunk

The door with the red, glowing light on the 2nd floor of the police station cannot be opened, but I can tell you where it would lead if it could be.

When you go through the door after moving the statues, you come to the hallway with the door leading to the S.T.A.R.S. office. Beyond this, a little further down, another door leads to a small room with a soda machine, a hallway, and a door leading to the library. Down the hallway in this small room is the other side of that door with the light, which again cannot be opened even from this side. This is normally where you would run into Claire/Leon, when Claire asks if Leon has seen a little girl running around.

Last edited:

legendarysnake

The door with the red, glowing light on the 2nd floor of the police station cannot be opened, but I can tell you where it would lead if it could be.

When you go past through the door after moving the statues, you come to the hallway with the door leading to the S.T.A.R.S. office. Beyond this, a little further down, another door leads to a small room with a soda machine, a hallway, and a door leading to the library. Down the hallway in this small room is the other side of that door with the light, which again cannot be opened even from this side. This is normally where you would run into Claire/Leon, when Claire asks if Leon has seen a little girl running around.

You discoved this looking at the map or its by deduction? I completely forget about this door on the hallway. I dont know if it would lead to the same place through but thats the best answer so far. I hope they explore this in the remake.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You discoved this looking at the map or its by deduction? I completely forget about this door on the hallway. I dont know if it would lead to the same place through but thats the best answer so far. I hope they explore this in the remake.

Yeah, it's the same door, it shows it on the map. Leon and Claire also break through it in Darkside Chronicles and it's the same door.

Top Bottom