• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theoretically new RE game

Yresk

Hello dudes, i’m considered a decent RE player with some games under my belt completed. I’ve however not fallen hands down for what I’ve seen in the latest game OperationRaccoonCity. And I’ve read around a bit and most of the people seem to be in the situation where this game does more damage to the brand name than it could ever save even if they revamped the entire thing by DLC.
So being the overactive mind I am, I found myself designing my own game all of a sudden, I was once the lead contributor in a Resident Evil LARP/Airsoft weekend where I was supposed to do the story and background, so It’s been a while but I think that the math I did still has some good base to it. I will say this, from what I saw in the review from Gametrailers I saw some scratch here and there that could be saved in a Real game or even a Decent game. This is my personal take what would make a good game, don’t be rude but I would like some sort of feedback to see if I’m on the right track or way of the beaten path.

First of all, this game is set in RaccoonCity, a place overrun by the T-virus casualties, and of course a fair number of G-virus of the same. What I’m aiming for is a definite hybrid game, let me explain and bear with me a bit.

Each Map is a large area somehow divided and messed up, the first level is suburbia with plenty of houses and villas and a lot of lawns. The area is split into some areas by woods where Cerberus zombie dogs are present, entering those areas is almost certain death and from these woods there is a certain amount of other enemies that spawn. The design point I’m trying to make is that this is not a training level, it’s just a slow enough start to not startle Player and scare him/her off. During the level they are supposed to extract Umbrella Key Personnel Codename: Alabaster, but there is also a number of survivors present and the Player can either help them out for Good Guy Points and XP, or kill them for Bad Guy Points and loot. Either Alabaster or the other survivors need to be returned to the centre of the map that is simply referred to as Safehouse, where the other team members are procuring transport and digging in to defend themselves.
The Player will most of the time be accompanied by 2 other squad members chosen from the rooster of 8, they all have bonuses and cons against them.
The level spawns a lot of things and that includes loot and more things to shoot at. Each killed zombie and each saved civvie gives you XP and this can be used to upgrade the Players ability.
The level up system is something you need to work with with kid gloves, apparently the latest game did not do well with the system in place. I’m not going to go into full depth, but in general each Player has their own skill tree where you can set out points, maybe the most official ones are Weapon Affinity, every player can use every weapon but without Weapon Affinity their aim will be far of target. Each point of Weapon Affinity gives more accuracy, better recoil absorption and faster reload time. This is however NOT everything that is to choose from, upgrades such as new Close Combat Attacks or permanent bonuses to Stamina or Health, there is a lot to choose from but I won’t bore you with the details right away.

The name of the game is to survive, well duh, but in detail you need to keep working on staying alive long enough to get extraction. Remember that by this stage in the events, no one knows that the nuke is set on a short timer if you understand.
Each map has a number of Civvies, cars that can be salvaged, weapons and items to be found and about a hundred other things and I’ve made the call to make these things to an extent random. The Player will have full freedom to move around in the area and look around, of course, the longer you stay the more the problems are going to find you so it’s a Risk/reward system for anyone playing. Whenever the main objective has been met, in the case of map 1 it is to retrieve Codename: Alabaster, the option to proceed to the next map is opened, but it is the Players call to move ahead or stay for more loot and stuff.

In multi player this gets taken up to a real good event, just think, 2 players have gotten their hands on 3 pieces of: Construction Material and are barricading the safehouse while 2 others are out to search and score high kills and XP by slaying the bad guys and saving the civvies. All of the while the enemy get that much more forceful and want to get you out of their area. And if you survive to the end when extraction arrives? Massive XP bonus all around.

I know this is a tall order, it seems like the game is stretching itself to thin, I am aware of that but I think that in the end it will work out for the better. And no I’ve not a clue what to do with the Trader(Stranger?) but you get the idea. So honestly? Is this a bad nightmare taken form or something with potential?

Top Bottom