• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Souls Series

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
darksouls_610.jpg

That's basically how it goes xD

So any fans of the Demon's/Dark Souls games here? I only got into the series last year. First game I played was Dark Souls and tbh I was terrible at it. But after dying maybe 50 times or whatever I started to get the hang of it. It's one of those games that isn't noob friendly, ok there is a tutorial at the start but after that you're on your own. Gotta figure stuff out for yourself.

I've beaten both Dark Souls 1 & 2 and I feel I'm fairly decent at them now. So I decided to try out Demon's Souls, which I'm playing through atm. I'm actually finding it to be more difficult than both of the Dark Souls games. At the start you're stuck with crappy weapons and it takes a while before you get anything decent. But the enemies don't care, they'll just keep on kicking your ass lol. Not only that but souls are not as plentiful, so it takes longer to level your character up.

Overall I think the Souls series are very rewarding games to play even though there's not much story behind them at all. The gameplay more than makes up for that. Oh and bosses.

Thoughts people?

ToriJ

Resident Critic
A friend of mine requested I review the first Dark Souls game so I played it last year as well. I appreciate what they were trying to do (feel like an old school game with a modern look, at least as far as difficulty goes), but I can't say I'm a big fan of it. Bad for my blood pressure.

I think the best mindset to have for these games is to treat it like real life. In real life you're not going to try to fight a monster with a broken sword. You're going to run and look for a way out. But because it's a game your mindset at first is like, "Oh, I have to beat the boss to advance." It doesn't occur to you to avoid him until the 5th death or so. That was actually really clever.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Yea it can get aggravating at times, especially when you keep dying on a boss or whatever. But that's why I spent a lot of time leveling up my character and upgrading weapons lol. Also co-op is a great way to learn the level layout and different enemies attack patterns & weaknesses.

They've just released a new dlc for Dark Souls 2 and it's pretty awesome. There's 2 challenge routes that where made with co-op in mind. They can get really tough because they throw groups of enemies at you and they vary between close range & ranged/magic enemies all at the same time. So yea that's why they recommend summoning in a few people to help xD

Top Bottom