• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 The Mercenaries in this game...

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Really? I thought mercs has gotten easier. But that's probably because they removed the SS rating. sniff :( I really hated helena, but wanted to get the A score to get her costume. The irony when I got S... and then I found out it was actually the highest rate possible. Still, I kinda like the way it works. The waves thing. But the waves are too easy. I mean, around 70 at Urban chaos, you get these muscle dudes. So I was like... if this is what I'm getting already... the map must be filled with bosses when I'm near 150. But that didn't happen. Once you reach 70, there are no new enemies. Well sure, they get stronger. But I was hoping for something more.

@zydrate101: Well personally, I thought urban chaos was really cool. But when I unlocked the cave (where you had to sneak past that hannibal lecter looking boss from jake's story), I thought exactly what you are saying. Uninspired stage. Especially because the waves are again the same from Urban Chos. Haven't seen the others though.
I really like Mining the Depths stage, the enemies are different to Urban Chaos. It is because they are both 'zombie' stages and the other stages are all the new Javo or things that can shoot as well. I much prefer zombie stages .
Anyway on Mining the Depths you get the screamer guy (hannibal lectur) as you say, you also get zombies with dynamite sticks, and if you get a 70 combo you will get the weird yellow dog-fish boss, then more screamers. Where as Urban Chaos is the fat guy boss,lots of bloodshot and more armoured guys.
Catacoombs is a good one, you get all the skeleton type zombies, a fat boss, plus the titty monster, really good variety of baddies.
Steel beast is the charger headghog looking bosses, plus loads of sniper and rocket launcher dudes, and javo's with knifes, exploding maggot ones, and the giant chicken leg pouncer things (lol dont know the official names)
So i think each stage is a good different feel. My favourites are Urban Chaos and Mining the depths but i still think theiyr very different. You also have to be a lot quicker on mining the depths and get loads of +5s, where as urban chaos you can take time collecting stuff at the start and theres a lot more time.
Best score 1140000 ! :)

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I love it, i've had endless fun with it already.

I know it's easy to get an S rank, but i'm going on points not ranks. Got a high score of 500,000+ and it's brilliant.

iProinsias

You're crying because the game isn't easy :confused:? I rather like that it gets super intense as you progress, It feels like they come in waves rather than a random cluster like they did in the past Merc games.

Are you an idiot? First, I'm not "crying", dumbass. Second, reread my post and you'll see I didn't say it was "hard", I said it was cheap. There's a difference. You're just stupid.

TheVacantThrone

Are you an idiot? First, I'm not "crying", dumbass. Second, reread my post and you'll see I didn't say it was "hard", I said it was cheap. There's a difference. You're just stupid.

Less personal insults dude, there's no need for it at all. No one is going to take any points you make if you act like that about it when someone questions you.

zydrate101

speaking of Mercenaries, anyone get the impression that Helena's outfit, when you choose Urban Chaos for Mercenaries, that her (Helena) outfit some-what is like Claire's (Claire Redfield) cause i did (the outfit Claire has, on Resident Evil 2). i speculate this is a tribute to her? (that being to Claire Redfield) (or something of this sort). it blew my mind when i "realized" of this :eek: (in a good way)
thats exactly what i thought i would of rather had the real claire instead of helena( i do like her though)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Well if its cheap then have you got a 150 combo and over a million?! And if so you can try to do it with more time left on the clock or saving the big guys till later in the combo...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well if its cheap then have you got a 150 combo and over a million?! And if so you can try to do it with more time left on the clock or saving the big guys till later in the combo...
Timers first
Bunch up a lot of enemies
Break Combo Timer
Throw Gernades

Works Wonders :D

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
thats exactly what i thought i would of rather had the real claire instead of helena( i do like her though)

you know what i find ironic? when i first saw the first official trailer for Resident Evil 6, the one showing Leon and Helena both aiming their hand-canons (pistols) at the Infected President with Leon talking to the president, both tempted to pull the trigger. i thought to my-self, another expandable (side-kick) (in which that thought went to my initial thoughts about Helena). Now look at me now, praising her (Helena), and her being my favourite and rank her as the same way i like Ada (...Wong), very Ironic huh? (i find it Interesting, heh)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And if you read the forum rules, you would have seen that we don't tolerate personal attacks here. First and only warning.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
i like mercs in this game it a lot more challanging the some of the other mercs in past resident evil games

slack

Easy there hot sauce, no need to prove you're superior dominance over the internet with such a sophisticated arsenal of demeaning vernacular. Cheap - hard, really, now it just feels like you're trying to cover up your tracks, the two are practically synonymous in this context. Oh, and this idiot has absolutely no problem with the new mercs. But I guess ignorance is bliss, emirite.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
This is my question

People complain mercs is to easy and un-original

Now it's harder and people actually CAN'T melee your way through therefore resulting in death....
You say it's cheap....?
Last time i checked zombies don't follow rules...

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
This is my question

People complain mercs is to easy and un-original

Now it's harder and people actually CAN'T melee your way through therefore resulting in death....
You say it's cheap....?
Last time i checked zombies don't follow rules...

well actually the difficulty of it varies depending on the player, but to me. it starts off easy then the diffuculty builds up after wave after wave of Infectees/B.O.Ws. Infectees (zombies as you call them, me i call them Infectees) just mindlessly do their dance, but J'avos in the other (in the Steel Beast map of Mercenaries) they actually plan out their attacks and mock you (laugh at you), i find the latter rather amuzing :p

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
That steel beast map is really hard to get a 150 combo i think the best i done was a 120 then dropped it, it seems to be at the start the parachute guys come in the top level, then you get the headghog rammer things, then later the enemies spawn at bottom floor, so its hard to be in the right place. Does anyone have any advice, generally im starting collecting time, then go to top, get parachute guys, then drop down to middle level.
The chicken leg things seem to get stuck in middle level as well and can't get to the top sometimes

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
That steel beast map is really hard to get a 150 combo i think the best i done was a 120 then dropped it, it seems to be at the start the parachute guys come in the top level, then you get the headghog rammer things, then later the enemies spawn at bottom floor, so its hard to be in the right place. Does anyone have any advice, generally im starting collecting time, then go to top, get parachute guys, then drop down to middle level.
The chicken leg things seem to get stuck in middle level as well and can't get to the top sometimes

yess steel beast, before i've unlocked said map. i was hoping to face the J'avos and when i finished Chris's campain.....look what i've got.....J'avos! haha......but yessss, they are interesting to face, as they plan out their attacks and laugh at you (well at least it sounds like it, haha) i go on this map, just a few times though....

TheVacantThrone

I find the different levels a bit irritating on this map. I was up to 145 enemies killed with 20 seconds left, and they spawned at the top when i was at the bottom, by the time i'd got to the top i killed 3, and the time ran out before i finished the last 2. So gutted.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Indeed the map is totally not mercenary friendly. Actually when I first saw footage of it i thought its fake, just modded or hacked from another gamemode.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I find the different levels a bit irritating on this map. I was up to 145 enemies killed with 20 seconds left, and they spawned at the top when i was at the bottom, by the time i'd got to the top i killed 3, and the time ran out before i finished the last 2. So gutted.
Yeah thats right at the end they start spawning at top again. I dont know Albert i think it is alright we just need to learn exactly where the baddies spawn at which point at combo, something like 1-40 (upstairs) 40-120 (down or middle) 120+ (top floor) but i dont know exactly. maybe we need the two guys on duo stood in different spots

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Yeah thats right at the end they start spawning at top again. I dont know Albert i think it is alright we just need to learn exactly where the baddies spawn at which point at combo, something like 1-40 (upstairs) 40-120 (down or middle) 120+ (top floor) but i dont know exactly. maybe we need the two guys on duo stood in different spots
Kinda, way easier in Duo of course. But I believe the map at least will be more fitting for other modes.

Top Bottom