• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 The Mercenaries in this game...

iProinsias

...is cheap as hell. I can't believe how often me or my partner die in the last 60 seconds or so. It's like, the game is designed to be unfair if you have too high a score, or you've earned too many skill points. This **** is getting ridiculous. I'm so sick of earning 10,000 - 20,000 skill points (or more) only to lose them from some cheap bull****. I'm about ready to wash my hands of this nonsense. As Krauser in RE4, I could easily rack up row bonuses of 120 or more, now, even with a partner, that seems impossible. This is bull****.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Its a bit harder than it used to be, indeed. If you got high score and see that the time is about to run out and you are low on health I suggest simply running around in circles in the map, the enemies will just follow u around from behind, all you need to do is keep a safe distance. Mostly if you keep moving the enemy attacks will miss or they wont attack as often as when u r standing still and trying to fend them off.

slack

You're crying because the game isn't easy :confused:? I rather like that it gets super intense as you progress, It feels like they come in waves rather than a random cluster like they did in the past Merc games.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I've finished loads of 150 combo runs you just need to learn the maps better, for example urban chaos has everything you need to survive- 2 C4 bombs- 1 spray, 3 herbs. You can use the first c4 on the first fat guy and the second one on the 2 fat guys that come around 100 combo.
The guys up top who have armor can be killed with one shot at the red barrel, you can make the shot from the top corner of the stairs either side or plant a c4 their and blow it on 48 combo.
The police men with magnums come out of the corner near the combo time and u can kill them before they can make a shot.
The only other problem is the red guys 'blood shots' apparantly they are called, and they are easy kills with a knife or a couple shotguns to the chest. The dogs are easy, can be kicked or quick shotted.
As for the other maps I've got 2 of the 3 dlc ones down and i've got mining the depths down to a tee, only ones im strugling with are Piers map and the Catacoombs.
I enjoy how its much harder and takes some good tactics and comunication to finish it.

BranBran

Best Mers IMO! I always quick shot the dogs lol. Also, try to get the Bloodshots into a cluster and throw a flame grenade at them. it usually kills them in one hit. Also, try to get the "boss" character out in Urban Chaos. Not sure how to get the others out on the other stages.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Best Mers IMO! I always quick shot the dogs lol. Also, try to get the Bloodshots into a cluster and throw a flame grenade at them. it usually kills them in one hit. Also, try to get the "boss" character out in Urban Chaos. Not sure how to get the others out on the other stages.
lol I think he has enough trouble handling it as it is without the Boss as it would seem not to get that still added in the mix xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What?? Mercenaries in RE6 is even more difficult than in RE5?? ... Oh well, what are hacks for...

zydrate101

i do like the game is challenging but does anyone else think the maps are not as good as 5. They just seem uninspired.

ResidentE

Really? I thought mercs has gotten easier. But that's probably because they removed the SS rating. sniff :( I really hated helena, but wanted to get the A score to get her costume. The irony when I got S... and then I found out it was actually the highest rate possible. Still, I kinda like the way it works. The waves thing. But the waves are too easy. I mean, around 70 at Urban chaos, you get these muscle dudes. So I was like... if this is what I'm getting already... the map must be filled with bosses when I'm near 150. But that didn't happen. Once you reach 70, there are no new enemies. Well sure, they get stronger. But I was hoping for something more.

@zydrate101: Well personally, I thought urban chaos was really cool. But when I unlocked the cave (where you had to sneak past that hannibal lecter looking boss from jake's story), I thought exactly what you are saying. Uninspired stage. Especially because the waves are again the same from Urban Chos. Haven't seen the others though.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
...is cheap as hell. I can't believe how often me or my partner die in the last 60 seconds or so. It's like, the game is designed to be unfair if you have too high a score, or you've earned too many skill points. This **** is getting ridiculous. I'm so sick of earning 10,000 - 20,000 skill points (or more) only to lose them from some cheap bull****. I'm about ready to wash my hands of this nonsense. As Krauser in RE4, I could easily rack up row bonuses of 120 or more, now, even with a partner, that seems impossible. This is bull****.
......I dunno which Plaga went up your butt, But that makes mercs fun as all hell, PLUS if you DO make it, you feel like a god at this game, no S ranks to make you feel good,
Just the fact that you survived is enough

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I have to agree! I feel quite good about just surviving in this version of Mercs, and my highest score so far is only 79,250. I just like going in as Jake and pummeling waves of enemies!

DarkZhooter

바보
The combo time is slower but the "DANGER" state is ridiculous.They could have added a RESUSCITATE YOURSELF BUTTON.It's very hard when I'm on that mode especially when I have 100 combo,but I'm grateful that my partners bears with me all the time I'm on that mode.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
This mode is so addicting. I do pretty good on Urban Chaos until we hit a 100 kill combo, and then it just gets crazy. The Fat Zombies get the quick shot explosive arrow trick. Not only does it reload itself and is very practical, but it just looks bad ass too.

MetalGamer2

Survivor

Although I've had this problem in other mercs games, it does in fact seem a lot more challenging in RE6. But I think it's the challenge that makes it fun. It makes winning a lot more rewarding than it used to be :)

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
At first I kept getting my ass handed to me at RE6 Mercs, but you get better. Find a good partner, and if it's really that hard save up and get the pharmacist skill which doubles the amount of health you restore when you take a herb pill.

Also try out different characters, for example I'm pretty good with most characters but I find Ada's crossbow loadout hard to use well. Piers and Jake are ones I find fun to use, because they both have very powerful weapons which help when I need to kill tough enemies.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
speaking of Mercenaries, anyone get the impression that Helena's outfit, when you choose Urban Chaos for Mercenaries, that her (Helena) outfit some-what is like Claire's (Claire Redfield) cause i did (the outfit Claire has, on Resident Evil 2). i speculate this is a tribute to her? (that being to Claire Redfield) (or something of this sort). it blew my mind when i "realized" of this :eek: (in a good way)

Top Bottom