• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Card Thread.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yet another nerdy thread :)

So any competitive card game there is can be discussed here. (RE:DBG, Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, etc.)

I'll start off.

So I a friend of mine gave me my first magic deck a couple of days ago. I don't know too much about the game, but the deck I got is amazing. It's a fire and water deck, consisting mostly of spells. (There are only seven monsters in the deck.) The guy that gave me it is a very competitive player, and he loves spell cards. He is currently trying to build a deck to take to a tournament, that consists of zero monsters.

I also love Yu-Gi-Oh. I used to play a very long time ago, but I had to get rid of my deck during a move. Now, I'm going to build another deck here shortly, (Within the next couple of weeks.) that I hope to be able to take to my first tournament. Right now, I have on the way, Kuriboh, Summoned Skull, and a Red Eyes Black Dragon. Along with those coming, I'm also buying a 200 card lot from ebay probably tonight or tomorrow.

What card games do you play, and do you have any card advice for my Yu-Gi-Oh deck?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I really love Yu-Gi-Oh! and I enjoy building character decks, plus I have an Occult-themed deck for myself. I'm also researching how Magic: The Gathering is played, as that interests me as well.

AgentZero

Yeah I've been learning a lot more about Magic since I posted this thread. I have a decent amount of cards, and I think I'm almost an average player.

AgentZero

I remember collecting an abundance of Pokemon cards in my younger days; Even though the gameplay rules of Pokemon TCG weren't hard for me to grasp, it was hard finding friends to play it with :sad:
That's what mainly turns me off with pokemon. The rules and all the coin flipping confused me.

So I just built my first Green Deck. I'm going to test it with my friend tomorrow. I think it'll do pretty good.

AgentZero

Pokemon is ten times easier than Magic XD
I see that now. Still though something about pokemon . . . I just don't like it. I liked the video games for the N64 and I like the original anime, but the card game is just weird for me.

AgentZero

Oh my god, I just realized I did the noobiest thing and said I had a fire and water deck . . . Just . . . lets pretend I said red and blue.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I got pretty good at Pokemon when I was younger and was undefeated at YGO when I 'retired' from playing while I was in high school. My husband got me into Magic maybe 2 months ago and I've got an awesome mono white deck. I just ordered some cards to add to it :> And as for the blue decks, my husband has a mono blue deck with only 4 creature cards and it kicks ass lol. I refuse to play against it because I've never seen it lose.

AgentZero

I got pretty good at Pokemon when I was younger and was undefeated at YGO when I 'retired' from playing while I was in high school. My husband got me into Magic maybe 2 months ago and I've got an awesome mono white deck. I just ordered some cards to add to it :> And as for the blue decks, my husband has a mono blue deck with only 4 creature cards and it kicks ass lol. I refuse to play against it because I've never seen it lose.
Yeah I know all about those "Hardly any creatures" Decks. My friend Caz is currently trying to make a tournament deck without any.

L

Lurker
I play Magic: The Gathering mostly. I don't play often, but it's definitely my game of choice. I only really have one deck because of how seldom I play, and it's mono black filled with mostly vampires. I like the whole "getting out and wrecking your opponent before they have a chance to react" aspect of vampires. Vampires don't have much use in the late-game, but there are a few that carry me. My brother hates me because I can beat decks he spends hours making with a deck i threw together in around 20 minutes.

AgentZero

So I just went to the card shop today.

I got a good selection of the new series "Khans of Tarkir"
I got around 500-750 cards of that set.
So far I'm really liking it. I've never tried with a tri color deck before, so I'll probably play around with that for awhile.

AgentZero

So I'm going to my first MTG Tournament tomorrow. It's a draft tournament, and an 8.00$ entrance fee. I'm super excited.

Top Bottom