• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tearjerkers

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Is there any movies, TV shows, video games, etc. that have a scene in that makes you cry (or at least teary eyed) no matter how many times you see it?

Here's a few that gets me every time. There's a lot of Doctor Who.

The scene in Pokemon the First Movie where every Pokemon stops and mourns Ash's supposed death.

I couldn't find a good enough quality video.

The Doctor's last conversation with his TARDIS in The Doctor's Wife

The Doctor's Farewell to Rose Tyler in Doomsday

River Song's sacrifice in Silence Of The Library/Forest Of The Dead

Amelia's Farewell to the Doctor in Angels Take Manhattan

The Eleventh Doctor's regeneration scene in the Time Of The Doctor

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Pokémon the First movie was definitely a tear jerker :p I also got a small one from the ending of Uncharted 2. Damn they got me! xD

I think the real game that caused me to cry like a bitch was MGS4: Guns of the Patriots. All the nostalgia from MGS (especially the Twin Snakes as it uses the same audio files and takes that as the canon and the fact I played TTS 4 times in a row when it came out and I was in a depression) really got me. Then there was a very specific scene that was known for making gamers cry like little girls. Kojima really took my feels and pressure cooked them in a microwave[/SPOILER]. Well played....

I'm not going to post a video for the sad scenes in that game because they are so strongly built up over time that they need to be experienced to their fullest.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I've said this before, but I cry multiple times while playing Persona 4 (Golden of course). It's the most emotional game/movie/T.V show I've ever played/watched. Whenever I get to the last dungeon I always delay the ending by going through all the dungeons again until I'm emotionally prepared again for the ending. xD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I agree with most of your doctor who points.

1. Kingdom hearts 358/2 days (original not 1.5movie)
Xions death scene / axel finds the ice cream stick.

All "nobodys" which is what axel, roxas and Xion are are supposed to be empty shells with no ability to feel or have any real feelings. They don't understand what it is to be or feel human and are told that moments where it seems they do is becsuse they just remember what it felt like when they used to be human.
If you play the game you see 3 charcaters relationships develop, strengthen and break and things getting really awkward between everyone.
Eventually it leads to a confrontation in which leads to a charcater demise. Roxas begins to lose memory of Xion as she is dying and remembers her just as she slips away, and axel receives an ice cream stick with the word winner on which doesn't seem like much but there's a big message behind it, which revolves around their friendship. This paired with the music in the background music makes the whole scene an emotional roller-coaster. I say this is the most emotional in the ds becsuse the music carries throughout the scenes where as in the movie it does not.
This carries over to the next day where all charcaters memories of her vanish completely, and due to the circumstances around the main plot of all games has to be that way, but is really sad regardless.
The game also plays a scene twice of the trios happiest memory, however the second time it plays she isn't there so it's like it was roxas and axels memory only.

2. Kingdom hearts: birth by sleep

The ending for all 3 charcaters end tragically,
Ones body gets possessed, ones heart gets damaged and is placed in a coma
And one gets stuck in the realm of darkness after trying to save her friend. The secret ending though where she meets someone who tells her that hope comes in the form of someone she met gives her the first moment of happiness she has felt for 10years.

3. The land before time:
Littlefoots mothers death.
This is a children's film and as I was a child myself, couldn't begin to comprehend this peacefully.

4. The lion king:
Mufassas death
Same as above.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Call me cold hearted, but I've never cried at a movie. Everyone thinks I'm weird for this.

The only game that ever made me come close to tearing up was Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call. It was the part where Loosha died - it's always saddest when the animals go. :p

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The ending scene of Rambo 1
The death of Sniper Wolf in MGS1
The death of The Boss in MGS3 (I couldn't pull the trigger)
The microwave part in MGS4
and the Death of Big Boss in MGS4[/spoilers]

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I have to mention Days of our Lives. Sometimes it just makes you cry and cry. Today, for example. They built it up so much for Lexie when she had a brain tumour but when Bo gets one he dies a few days later, with no one prepared at all for it. Grr.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I usually have to be in the right mood before watching a show/film to cry, either that or be very tired.

The only thing I can remember that made me bawl my eyes out was the Torchwood series two finale
When Owen was screaming because was about to die and Toshiko says that he's breaking her heart :'( Owen then dies followed by Toshiko who had been shot.

Other than that, some games that I cried at were KH358/2 days ending (see Spikey's post above), The opening of The Last of Us and Professor Layton and the Lost Future's ending.

TV - Clara's speech in the Doctor Who episode Rings of Akhaten and The Walking Dead Season 5 midseason finale death.

Don't really remember crying at any films, but I think I got really close with Gravity.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The death of Sniper Wolf in MGS1
The death of The Boss in MGS3 (I couldn't pull the trigger)
The microwave part in MGS4
and the Death of Big Boss in MGS4[/spoilers]

I couldn't agree anymore. The third one you mentioned is my number one in any list :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't think I've ever cried because of a movie or television show. I've gotten choked up a few times in Trainwreck and also during some of the What Would You Do? hidden camera scenarios with Jon Quinones, but never full tears.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Call me cold hearted, but I've never cried at a movie. Everyone thinks I'm weird for this.

Same here. Overall, I'm just not much of an emotional person.

With that being said though, the only time I ever really felt something and almost got misty eyed was in Gears of War 3. Easily one of my most anticipated games of 2011 and all of a sudden, halfway through the game this happens.

It was so unexpected. No one saw it coming going into this game which made it that much more impactful. Especially to me considering I was always player 2 so he was my main character. The combination of Gary Jules' Mad World playing in the background and Marcus' reaction also really hit me good. Pretty impressive given how much of a macho game the Gears of War series is.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
The end of final fantasy x got me, quite unexpectedly too.

As I have certain triggers, I tend not to watch stuff that may upset me but I have been known to well up a little for certain things on TV or in games.

Books tend to make me cry more - particularly ones which I can relate heavily too. A Life You Didn't Expect is one; that whole book could have been about my life right now

Top Bottom