• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Sweeper Assistance

Maddog2212

Ok so in C:VX for Gamecube, I'm playing th game on normal. I'm playing as Chris in the military base. The room I last saved in has an elevator in it that leads up to the mtf yard, where I'm immediately ambushed by Sweepers. I have the Shotgun loaded with 7 shells in it, 9 spare shells, the handgun with 9 bullets in it, and that's All the guns/ammo I have. And I have 1 red herb, 2 blue herbs, and No green herbs. (Note: This is before the Albinoid Adult boss battle.) What should I do? Every time I try to get past the Sweepers they attack me and I'm sent into Caution health status.

Professor X

I haven't played the game since it's release, so forgive me if I'm overlooking anything, but as long as your quick on your toes, I'd have thought you'd be ok...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
You need to do like a zig zag route around them, i knoe it sounds silly but i use that technique and it works.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Isn't there only just one difficulty in CVX, that can't be messed with?

Well....I don't remember any tactics, I usually just tried to kill them from far away, because they are super annoying. Try to have as much good ammo for effective weapons saved up. Shotgun for instance. Oh, and those explosive rounds for the bowgun are good for everything.:)

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I think I know where your at. Its where those two Sweepers attack you right in front of the training facility right? I had problems on that part too. I think I just ran from them cause when I would shoot the first one the second one would get me. But I don't remember if you have to come back through there at that point. If you can try to hit them both with one shotgun blast.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think I know where your at. Its where those two Sweepers attack you right in front of the training facility right? I had problems on that part too. I think I just ran from them cause when I would shoot the first one the second one would get me. But I don't remember if you have to come back through there at that point. If you can try to hit them both with one shotgun blast.

Yeah, I think you have to go through there twice, at least.

That's not counting if you don't know what you are doing or where you are going, then you might take a trip through there a few more times...I know I did once or twice.

Running around them is the best option though, you don't have to kill everything to move on.:)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Let me tell you something....

There is 1 critical thing you need to do when playing RECV and that is CONSERVE YOUR AMMUNITION. It is very crucial that you not waste any high powered guns on zombies (such as the shotgun for instance) and try to save them for moments such as the one you are at now.

I learned this the hard way the first time I played RECV after I made it to the air plane Scenerio and had to fight the Tyrant. I really did not have the ammunition I needed because I wasted it on zombies and other small fry enemies and as a result I had to start the game over because it was simply imposible to win with my current firepower.

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
Well the version I have doesn't allow the changing of difficulty settings (never seen one which has actually, anyone care to elaborate?) but I know exactly what you're talking about.
I've found that those Sweepers actually respawn, I killed them once and by the time I returned from the Airport puzzle they were there again so don't bother trying to kill them, a good tactic I've found is to stay still a second or two and wait for the one on the right (I think, pretty sure it is that one, it stands closer to the door) to start jumping. Once this happens make a forward dash for the double doors and you should be okay hopefully, they'll lunge at you but will literally fly overhead. As mentioned above a zig zag generally works best for most encounters.

As for the ammo situation, Zombies are probably the easiest to avoid/get through in CV/CVX for a few reasons:
- The knife has an amazing multi hit abilitiy, always aim downwards
- If you mash the buttons fast enough you'll escape unharmed (you will get bit eventually doing this though, I think it's every 3 grabs they'll get an automatic bite).
-If you save all of your Handgun ammo in the first parts, avoiding every enemy you can (which is pretty easy) then take the Lockpick and obtain the Custom Handgun parts and combine it with Claire's Handgun. it can really decimate even Hunters and Sweepers, I'm not kidding. I was rather suprised at how fast it killed them with burst fire on.

The reason I say Zombies specifically is because there's a hell of a lot of them in the game, if you ignore the majority (or all) of them then you save a lot more ammo than you'd think. My point is basically that you should only attack what you really need to attack, on my last run I had a stupendous amount of leftover ammo by the end, (80% Assault Rifle, 33 Shotgun Shells, 6 Acid Rounds, 6 Flame Rounds, 17 Grenade Rounds, 268 Handgun Bullets, 15 Explosive Bowgun rounds) I didn't even bother to pick up the Magnum or the Machine Guns because quite frankly they're rather superfluous at that stage in the game.

Sorry for the text wall but I hope this helps you somehow at least.

Top Bottom