• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Story outline

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I'm just a little sketchy on the story, with it introducing the veronica virus, and such, and why does she play such a big part in it:blink:

L

Lurker
The T Veronica virus was just random. The reason though Claire kicks a big role in the game is she got arrested and taken to an umbrella prison camp and escaped when the T Veronica virus was almost done. Then she got thrown in again. Soon after she woke up her watcher was bitten. He let her go though when the T Veronica virus was already released.

I hope i cleared this up.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i get the main game story, its just the back story and the past to the game that was abit shrouded in mystery for me..

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
rathit;38286 said:
The T Veronica virus was just random. The reason though Claire kicks a big role in the game is she got arrested and taken to an umbrella prison camp and escaped when the T Veronica virus was almost done. Then she got thrown in again. Soon after she woke up her watcher was bitten. He let her go though when the T Veronica virus was already released.

I hope i cleared this up.

No no no. The T-Veronica virus isn't random, it does actually have a back-story.

It's an altered version of the Progenitor virus, and its main purpose was intended for the host to keep their intellectual capabilities. Alexia founded it by combining the Progenitor virus with queen ant genes. She first tested it on her father, and it didn't work out so well (he became Nosferatu). Then she found out that the human body actually needed time to adapt to the T-Veronica virus, so that's why she went t sleep for fifteen years. As a result, her extreme intellectual capacities remained, and she was able to mutate rather painlessly in comparison to other mutations (ie William).

I think the Ashford family history probably provides the most back-story to the game. Both the Ashford twins were basically 'cloned' from Veronica Ashford's DNA, a gene for intelligence, and Alexander Ashford's DNA. Alexia was obviously born with a very high-degree of intelligence (ie, graduating uni at 10), while Alfred was slightly above average. However, they were both a tiny bit ****ed off when they found out that they were 'created', and Alexia eventually infected her father with the T-Veronica virus as I stated above. She goes to sleep for a while, and Alfred develops a split-personality disorder- probably because of his obsession with Alexia, and the fact he had isolated himself from all other humans.

He lived alone in Rockfort Island, and when it was attacked by HCF or something (and subsequently Claire arrived at the same time. She was still searching for Chris and was caught at some Umbrella base in Paris), he put two and two together and assumed it was Claire's fault. And this is around when the game starts, so you know the rest.

The backstory is kinda muddy for me as well, but I hope this clears it up a bit.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Veronica was the founder of the Ashford family. She was very beautiful, smart and honoured.
The glory of the family passed through the generations.
Edward Ashford was one of the original founders of the Umbrella Corporation, thus bringing more honour to the family. Soon after Umbrella was created, Edward died, leaving his disastrous son Alexander in charge of the family.
Alexander never did anything to bring honour to the family. He created the Anctartic base and started the project "Code: Veronica", in which he wanted to create a clone of Veronica, using some preserved cells. The experience was a disaster and he accidentally created the twins Alfred and Alexia.
Alexia was very smart and created the T-Veronica virus. When they realized they were an experiment of their father, Alexia tested the virus on him, but the results were bad (nosferatu). Alexia then injected the virus in herself, keeping her body in a cryogenic state, pretending to be dead, and leaving Alfred in charge of the family and the Rockfort Island. 15 years later, the game takes place.

It's also a story of brotherhood, comparing the obssession Alfred had to Alexia and the love between Chris and Claire.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Thanks. When i started writing you hadn't posted yet, lol. You said some things i forgot. But the two posts pretty much cover the essential points of the story.

aintnoscrub

Premium
wow thanks for the input, wasn't expecting that much lol
and rathit, perhaps you should read through all this, cuz you sound like you were just guessing.

Davinfected

Yeah, the back story is kind of confusing because it goes through several generations, and lots of video game fans get ****ed off when the game goes into who the main boss' great,great grandmother was.
But the Ashford family history does make for some interesting puzzles in this game!

What bothered me for a while was Alfred and Alexia not having a mother - Alexander's file says he combined his dna with that of Veronica, and injected it into a surrogate mother or something like that?
So there must have been some woman out there who gave birth to the twins... Or did he just take some woman's ovaries and do it all in a test tube?

bruno

Chief Researcher
He could just take some woman's fertilized egg, replace it's nucleous by the nucleous of a cell from Veronica's body (thus, transferring her DNA). This cell will have Veronica's genetic code and so, it should generate a clone ( an identical twin ) of her. Of course, then he has to insert the egg in the uterus of a woman, so the egg has the conditions to grow and become a human being.
Now, this theory fails because the twins are blonde and one of them is a boy. Hair colour and sex are both genetically defined so, if they have the same genetic code as Veronica, they should have black hair and be two girls. Also, they wouldn't be identical twins (although they have the same genetic code, so their appearence might be identical).
The alternative is that Alexander used an oocyte (not fertilized), replace it's nucleous by a nucleous from Veronica's cells, and then fertilized it with his own sperm cells.
This is more coerent, it explains the differences between the twins, the fact they are blonde and in this case they can be identical twins of each other.
The only thing against this is that i think Alexander wrote that he cloned Veronica. In this case, he didn't clone her, but "reproduced with her".

Tenebrae

Very excellent posts,

The only thing I would like to address is that T-Veronica wasn't created using Ant DNA spliced into the Progenitor Virus.

It was a combination of the "Progenitor Virus" and the "Ancient Virus", which happened to be found in a species of Ant. It's theorized that it held the Ant's DNA encoded within it, since she could control the Ants, but it was indeed a virus in the species.

This makes me wonder if there's, possibly, a similar virus in other colonial species akin to Ants, such as Wasps, Termites, or maybe even Spiders. There's one species of Spider I seen on a documentary that acts in a hive manner, forming massive webs and literally moving as one creature...I really wish I remembered it's name because I've never heard anything more about it. They were fascinating though, every time one moved it's leg...the rest would too because they followed the vibration they made on their silk...so when a bird or other animal was trapped...they swarmed it as one huge mass of spiders.

Anyway, Marcus also created a strain with his Leeches and there was something about the T-Veronica Strain and his Leech Strain possibly being similar due to their hive effects. This may also explain why Marcus was able to retain his intelligence as well...he died and was brought back later by his virus, simmilar to Alexia's hybrination process.

Top Bottom