• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Something...Strange?

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
Did anyone else notice how Steve Burnside was the only person infected with a virus to (first; to mutate obviously), but then to revert back to, and retain his human form? There were so many past characters that went under mutations, then became monsters and died that way... Steve is a different story however.

I don't think it was the T-Veronica virus, (or any other virus that affects it) because Alexia went through several mutations, and kept her "Queen Ant" form, though she was able to control it, and could've returned to her human form if she wanted... Manuela's mother also stayed as a monster when she died, along with Brian Irons/William Birkin from Re2, Saddler/Salazar/Krauser from Re4, Irving/Excella from Re5, and the others from 6...

I get that Steve was more of a "main/significant" character to the CvX storyline, but is that the only reason why he was the only one to revert back to a human before dying?
...I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Kristen00

Maybe he had a stronger urge to retain his humanity and the virus worked with his needs? The others who turned were mostly just power hungry so I guess it didn't really bother them what they became, but Steve didn't want to be a monster it was kind of forced onto him.

Who knows, maybe it just suited the romantic aspect of the story better? They might have thought it wouldn't look as touching if Claire was crying over a giant green monster (I still would have cried though - poor Steve :().

bruno

Chief Researcher
It's really stupid that he got his old form back. I think it's just because it would ruin the romantic moment if he was mutated while telling Claire he loves her. And to make us feel sorry for him.
He's not the only case. Simmons from RE6, for example, keeps getting back to his human form, and mutatins over and over again.

savemgs

Maybe he had a stronger urge to retain his humanity or he is like Wesker who has a specialized blood type gave him protection against mutagen pathogens such as T-Veronica virus.this one is unlikely.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Maybe he had a stronger urge to retain his humanity and the virus worked with his needs? The others who turned were mostly just power hungry so I guess it didn't really bother them what they became, but Steve didn't want to be a monster it was kind of forced onto him.

Makes sense, considering even as the monster, he regained his human consciousness and resisted the urge to kill Claire and it was just seconds after that happened that he reverted back to his human form. So, this brings up another question... was it the fact he was near death that he reverted back to a human, or could it be that regaining his human consiousness was enough to regain his human self completely and would've reverted back to human even if he wasn't fatally wounded?

And also, how did the big monster he was die from simply getting hit by the tentacle and flying against the wall? Claire herself was just hit in a similar way herself shortly before and she didn't die... :p

Very true. I think that the Veronica virus was a different kind of virus. I think that it was very possible for the person who had it could learn how to control it. Steve was just lucky he could, while Alexia who had lived with the virus for so long could control it easily.

Top Bottom