• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Some pages from "Marhawa Desire" and possible release date

sbr999

I'm not sure if this is the appropiate section to post this, but since Piers appears in this manga first - then I suppose it is.

According to a RE news page the manga will be released in June, in the following countries:
Brazil, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.

Here's some pages from the manga as well (I apologize if it's not new to some people, but since I haven't seen anyone posted it, I thought I'd share) :
http://my.opera.com/redfield1/albums/show.dml?id=10430852

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
If you want to see all of the comics so far look here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/residen.../28954599/BIOHAZARD_Marhawa_Desire_Discussion

The first few pages will be in Chinese but if you look through the thread you will find the ones converted by fans to the English language as best as they could. Make sure you read it from right to left. I did not know this at first until someone told me in the thread. I'm not a comic book reader so if you are you should already know this I guess just a heads up for someone who's a manga noob.

Capcom has stated that the comic is cannon, I forgot where I'd read it from and can't find the source at this moment. It takes place in China which I think will lead into Chris and Piers campaign in RE6 .

Enjoy

The_Green_King

The manga isn't cannon though right...It's the equivalent to the S.D. Perry novels...
no dude, its canon. thats why theyre using piers, even though his name was different in the comic. cant remember what it was, anyone remember it?

youre right about the novels though. have you read any of them? ive read the first 3 game adaptions and they were pretty good. even if youve played the games thousands of times, the author changes and adds just enough stuff into the story to keep it interesting. i particularly liked the Umbrella Conspiracy which was the first games book.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
no dude, its canon. thats why theyre using piers, even though his name was different in the comic. cant remember what it was, anyone remember it?

youre right about the novels though. have you read any of them? ive read the first 3 game adaptions and they were pretty good. even if youve played the games thousands of times, the author changes and adds just enough stuff into the story to keep it interesting. i particularly liked the Umbrella Conspiracy which was the first games book.
I've read the first two...Not including Zero Hour...And I loved em...But getting your hands on them is tough...

The_Green_King

yeah the only ones i have now is the 2nd and 4th ones, which were original stories S.D. wrote. im not too fond of them really. they dont really "fit in" with the ACTUAL canon story line. she may have played the games, but she doesnt come off as a real fan. idk thats just my opinion on them.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries

Beards Nevence

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
yeah the only ones i have now is the 2nd and 4th ones, which were original stories S.D. wrote. im not too fond of them really. they dont really "fit in" with the ACTUAL canon story line. she may have played the games, but she doesnt come off as a real fan. idk thats just my opinion on them.
At the time they probably DID follow the cannon better...But so many things have happened since then, and the cannon has changed so many times, that nowadays it does violate a lot of the cannon...

The_Green_King

At the time they probably DID follow the cannon better...But so many things have happened since then, and the cannon has changed so many times, that nowadays it does violate a lot of the cannon...
thats not what i mean exactly, but youre right, at one point they did fit in with the games canon to an extent. they just dont have the FEEL of a resident evil story is what i meant. idk what it is about them that makes me feel that way, but its like somethings just not right lol.

since you know i like jurassic park, and this is a common complaint in the JP fandom, ill use it as an example: JP3 WAS a jurassic park movie, but it didnt really fit in with the other two movies. sure, it had the same characters/dinosaurs/settings, but the atmosphere was just different. any regular movie goer might not feel that way, but too FANS its different haha. its kinda the same principle here.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
thats not what i mean exactly, but youre right, at one point they did fit in with the games canon to an extent. they just dont have the FEEL of a resident evil story is what i meant. idk what it is about them that makes me feel that way, but its like somethings just not right lol.

since you know i like jurassic park, and this is a common complaint in the JP fandom, ill use it as an example: JP3 WAS a jurassic park movie, but it didnt really fit in with the other two movies. sure, it had the same characters/dinosaurs/settings, but the atmosphere was just different. any regular movie goer might not feel that way, but too FANS its different haha. its kinda the same principle here.
I really can't speak for the 4th book, but I think the second book did a nice job story wise and character wise...What it did fail to relipate was the sense of fear or worry that only the games will ever instill...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's time to revive this old thread due to a recent discovery: I've found a page where you can read the first 26 volumes of Marhawa Desire in English. The translation was done by fans and is a little odd at times, but you shouldn't have any problems understanding what it's about.

If anyone is interested, follow this link:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/biohazard_marhawa_desire/
I've read them all and the story definitely doesn't end there, but I couldn't find any other translated volumes, so that's apparently all we have at the moment. I'm also interested in other opinions on this, if anyone here is going to read it.

Sean_Pierce

Just finished it. I tried resisting but read through it all. With lights off and just myself in the room reading this, I felt the sensation of horror through the illustrations.

I'd definitely buy a copy if they compile all the chapters in one mega-sized manga volume.

You guys think they're planning on turning it into an anime feature? Was going to say series but I think it'd work a lot better as a feature length film. It'd work as a mini anime series as well, as long as they don't put fillers. I wouldn't mind CGI either but hand drawn anime is wicked cool too. Someone even suggested a game for it and that could work as a spin-off title.

And yes, I read this to get more out of Piers. He's way too awesome. Crossing my fingers they westernize this!

SPOILER WARNING:

And how could I be so stupid - that Jill-in-a-coat-look-a-like HAD to be Carla.

Last edited:
Top Bottom