• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) So it's been 6 years or so...

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
Good lord do I suck at this game D; I remember when i used to be able to speedrun both scenarios, even the jump scares are getting me, can't wait to dive into RE3!

Out of curiosity, how many of you still go back from time to time and indulge in the nostalgia? I'm loving it and can't get enough, guess I figured out what was missing from my life. :p

ToriJ

Resident Critic
I will whenever I'm in the mood. Ever since I took up video game reviews I haven't had time to play anything outside of what I review. I plan to return to the world of survival horror this Halloween though.

TJay

Premium
I'm playing RE2 at the moment, fresh from REmake. Been a while since i went back and played them all but that's what I'm doing at the moment.

Jump scares getting me a little too. That bit where the zombies arms come through the boarded up wall, gets me everytime!

hyperreal

Premium
Occasionally I'll go back and play RE 1 DC and RE2. Those two RE games are probably the ones I've played the most out of all of them, so they have a special place in my heart. The first RE game I ever played was RE2, back in 1998. The first time I completed the game I was playing as Leon, then I played Claire's first scenario. The second scenario was the scariest as that nemesis-like B.O.W. kept crashing through walls and such.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
Good lord do I suck at this game D; I remember when i used to be able to speedrun both scenarios, even the jump scares are getting me, can't wait to dive into RE3!

Out of curiosity, how many of you still go back from time to time and indulge in the nostalgia? I'm loving it and can't get enough, guess I figured out what was missing from my life. :p

The nostalgia is indefinite. I loved the Arklay Mountains, Spencer Mansion, as well as Raccoon City. I was 11 when I first picked up the controller for the original playstation for RE2 and was instantly addicted. It took my around 3 days to complete 1 scenario, however it was incredibly worth my time.

Resident Evil 1 was a bit longer, it was around 5 days, yet this was back when Brady-Games actually published the strategy guides and you would pick them up from Gamestop or Barnes & Noble.

I do not like the fact that everything is being converted into these ridiculous action pieces, stick to what revolutionized the franchise.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
"Six years have passed since that horrendous incident."

Sorry, it's the title of the thread.

Top Bottom