• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica So I finally finished CVX, question time. >_>

Right, I finally finished Code Veronica X today. 8D
But I have a few questions... right i'll just lay them out here.

1) When you go back to the military base as Chris, you can fiddle around with the draws in the saving room right?
Well I did and I found the Luger Replica.
What's the Luger Replica for?

2) When I battled Nosferatu Claire was poisoned, when Chris found her I needed to get the serum.
If Claire isn't poisoned in the battle with Nosferatu do you still have to get the serum?

3) I unlocked the battle mode, and I was wondering if there are any more characters you can unlock for it and if so, how?

Can't think of any more questions at the moment, I did it in 9:49:56 (or something like that, very similar) and I got a D rank.

My only excuse is that it's been years since i've played and i've never finished it before, and I found it quite hard. xD
I'd also like to ask, can you get rewards for getting better ranks? (Like on the earlier RE's)

Other random notes:
  • Alexia is a cheap whore when you fight her after she transforms. >_>
  • Hunters are evil, period.
  • The bloody serum took me forever to find. (I felt like such a noob <_<)
  • I had a lot more herbs than I thought I would by the end of the game, and ammo too. o_O
  • Camera angles are a bitch when ninja zombies are about. -.-;

Thanks to anybody who answers my questions. ^^
Think i'm going to go and buy/tackle RE5 next. >.>

bruno

Chief Researcher
1) Getting the Lugger with Chris will unlock Steve in Battle mode
2) Yeah, if she doesn't get poisoned you don't need to get the serum. Anyways, you have to go to the room with the serum to get the magnum, so.... (never leave the fire extinguisher in the security box in the prison)
3) you can unlock Claire B, Steve, Chris and Wesker. Wesker can only use a knife (but you can get a magnum later in the level). All of them have different final bosses.

I too used to lose myself around the map in the first play throughs... but now I know where to go.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Peco;45642 said:
Other random notes:
  • Alexia is a cheap whore when you fight her after she transforms. >_>
  • Hunters are evil, period.
  • The bloody serum took me forever to find. (I felt like such a noob <_<)
  • I had a lot more herbs than I thought I would by the end of the game, and ammo too. o_O
  • Camera angles are a bitch when ninja zombies are about. -.-

Haha, same for me. I had like 128432 mixed herbs in the storage box and about 150+ Handgun ammo when I finished the game. I never even used the shotgun , I was saving it for harder enemies but I never got to use it at all, lol.

Hunter's aren't that hard if you bring your grenade launcher w/ acid rounds, though. They'll drop with one, or two hits. I guess the camera angle's just like from RE 0-3, they sort of give you tension and will make you think if a zombie's coming after you once you enter a room.

Not getting Claire poisoned is a seriously awesome thing, getting the serum is a pain in the ass. One mistake I made was that I brought the bowgun when I was able to control Claire again for the 2nd time. Due to that, I had a harder time to beat up Alexia's 2nd form. IMO, the bowgun w/ flame arrows is probably the most overpowered weapon due to its high attack and firing rate.

I think you'll have a bit of fun with Battle Mode, especially if you're doing it just for kicks, the infinite ammo on some of the weapons are pretty great. Makes killing zombies a great past time when you're in a bad mood. :)

mastermind

Peco;45642 said:
I'd also like to ask, can you get rewards for getting better ranks? (Like on the earlier RE's) >.>

if you get an A ranking then you can get a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo but i am pretty sure the strategy guide said don't use it if your trying for good rankings cause every time you use it it lowers the ranking one letter

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
Man, I used to love this game. It was the first I got for PS2 when it came out. Good times.

L

Lurker
mastermind;47995 said:
if you get an A ranking then you can get a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo but i am pretty sure the strategy guide said don't use it if your trying for good rankings cause every time you use it it lowers the ranking one letter

actually if you use it you dont get a god damn rank

mastermind

haha really? i will have to beat it with an a ranking or better again to test that. i deleted my save on accident :(

iNFiN1TY

Funny, as for yesterday i started to play RE Code Veronica X again on the psx.. still a nice creepy game :)

Davinfected

I think its possible to skip Claire being poisoned, but not from the fight with Nosferatu.

The first time I played CVX, Claire was not poisoned when I released her. I think this was because I cut her loose before collecting the first 2 family jewels.

I know that if you defeat Alexia and take her necklace before getting Alexander's earring, you will miss out on the extended cut scene with Alexia and the spider.

I'm not sure if this has an effect on Claire being poisoned or not, though...

CROta03

Well about poision claire...
You can avoid it.
The Alexander posios her, if you get too close to him...
If you want to speedrun it, take care that Claire do not get poisioned!
:D

StarsiderdotSajun

I'm waiting a while before I play through the game again. I wish there was a way to like reset your brain and play through it again for the first time, that'd be super awesome.

And I've had more than a few run ins with ninja zombies while barreling around a corner with a strange camera angle, but that's what makes the game so scary!

greaterbadass

The Strategic One
mastermind;47995 said:

yup, and if I remember rightly, getting an S rank gives you the Linear Launcher with infinite ammo (Haven't played cvx in ges)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
looks like i dont have to explain any thing listen to what every body else said

Top Bottom