• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hills: What do you guys think?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I haven't actually played it personally, but I loved P.T. I think Silent Hills has the potential to outdo Homecoming and Downpour, which I am hoping for. (not that I didn't like those games. They just weren't as strong as the others)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I haven't actually played it personally, but I loved P.T. I think Silent Hills has the potential to outdo Homecoming and Downpour, which I am hoping for. (not that I didn't like those games. They just weren't as strong as the others)
P.T. was beautiful. Homecoming is actually my favorite in the series so far, followed by RE2. The story to Downpour was great, and Murphy was a very fun character, but the Silent Hill sequences were very poorly done, that said, I'm LOVING the Silent Hill: Downpour comic series. It's called Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story. It follows the female cop's adventures as she's searching for Murphy in Silent Hill.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
At the moment I currently do not know much about Silent Hills. I have not tried P.T. yet since I don't own a PS4 and I don't plan on looking at any videos of P.T. or look up anything about P.T. because I want to leave everything as a surprise for myself when I finally do play it. But as of right now, I am extremely excited for Silent Hills and I can't wait until it comes out.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Okay, I'm totally lost. Are you not referring to Konami's Silent Hill? If you are, what is P.T.?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh okay. I don't have a PS4, so I am going to leave this thread now LOL.
Why leave the thread...Google P.T. Watch Youtube walkthroughs. Trust me, you're not going to learn next to ANYTHING about the story. It's a bigger mystery NOW since P.T. than when we had no info at ALL.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
P.T. stands for "playable teaser." it's more or less an interactive teaser for the new silent hill.

game has potential. wish it wasn't PS4 only.
Did you read/watch the interview where Shinji Mikami told Kojima that he should expand on the P.T. universe and now he's actually considering it (considering how he reacted to Shinji giving him such praise).

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Very scary
I completed it without dying once but I would not turn around for the duration of the entire thing! Just incase...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I've watched the PT, and this is pretty much how I feel . . .
ulM-ill-have-you-know-i-played-silent-hill-pt.jpg

And this quote from the creators . . .
“One thing that you have to keep in mind is that, if a game is too scary, people just won’t play it. If it gets too scary you just keep your eyes shut and soon it will be over. But if it’s a game, people will just stop. So that’s why there’s a limit on how scary you can make a game.”

“But in this case we’re totally ignoring that and, you know what? If you don’t want to keep on playing through the game, so be it. We don’t care. That’s the game we are aiming for.”

. . .

I have found the reason to buy the next gen console . . .

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
So the critics and more than a few Survival Horror fans complained Silent Hill Downpour & Homecoming were bad because they ‘emphasized visuals and a fairly nonsensical narrative over gameplay’, and that Mr. 40-Minute-Info-Dump-Cutscene himself, Hideo Kojima is directing the new Silent Hills, and people are excited?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. If the game's good, fantastic. I just think the hypocrisy is really silly.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So the critics and more than a few Survival Horror fans complained Silent Hill Downpour & Homecoming were bad because they ‘emphasized visuals and a fairly nonsensical narrative over gameplay’, and that Mr. 40-Minute-Info-Dump-Cutscene himself, Hideo Kojima is directing the new Silent Hills, and people are excited?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. If the game's good, fantastic. I just think the hypocrisy is really silly.
Homecoming is my favorite Silent Hill game. People are crazy. That said, Downpour was really well done, except for the parts that take place in the "Silent Hill" part. By that, I don't mean the location. I mean the Dark Filtered, burnt up, broken down city. You do nothing but run and scream from this red vortex. That was a waste, but a nice attempt to break up the Monotony if nothing else. The characters were all very well done though, and over it was still a great game.

Top Bottom