• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Side Characters

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hey guys, so I was wondering what you guys think about RE minor characters that appeared over the years, are there some who are your favorite? Least favorite? They can be alive, dead, heroic, villainous, and from any RE media

My fave character is Mike from RE4, he was the man. Gone too soon :( Also there is Barrington Meyer from Biohazard the Stage. He is very enjoyable as he hams it up

My least favorite is Ricardo from RE5 because he is a waste of space, nothing would have changed if he were to be taken out from the story. (Dis)Honorable mention goes to Mia(RE7) Chief Irons and Ben(RE2 Remake) and Brad(RE3 Remake)

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I've always liked Dario Rosso in RE3. His story about losing his whole family and being in complete shock and despair in the midst of the zombie invasion, now that's a tragic one. I feel for him. Contrary to others I don't see him as a coward, I think very few in his position would have the strength to move on after that, he just wanted to be left alone with his thoughts. The voiceacting is actually pretty good too, he definitely sounds scared. It's such a shame that they didn't expand upon him in the remake, in fact he got even less screentime in the remake since you can't even return to the warehouse later to check on him. On top of that, his voiceacting in the remake is of a much more aggressive tone, which just doesn't make sense. I guess they needed another angry male to upset Jane Valentine.

My least favorite minor characters are probably Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat from Revelations. Completely boring discount partners to Jill and Chris.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
How 'side character' are we talking? Because I know Sheva was a main character in 5, but I want to give her a mention, because I really think I'd enjoy a canon off-to-the-side game starring her and Josh. Maybe just a one-off story taking place in Africa after RE5.

I also quite like Hunnigan, I think she's good for grounding Leon. I once thought I'd quite like a game where Hunnigan ends up being taken hostage or in some sort of bioterror incident and Leon has to rescue her, whilst operating without her intel for the whole game. There could even be a one-off section playing as Hunnigan. Sure, she'd be about as much use as Ashley but it would be interesting for her to maybe have a mission to get to a communication panel to give Leon vital information before being recaptured during the video call she makes to him. I love thinking up alternative stories so this is the kind of thing my mind wanders to.

Zoe was the most interesting character in RE7 for me, but that's not saying much.

Least favourite is definitely Mia in RE7, can't stand her.

I would also say that Jessica and Raymond have very irritating personalities, but I do think they add something to Revelations e.g. Jessica being a mole, and I would liked to have known what happened with those two and who they were working for.

Top Bottom