• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should this monkey get the money or not?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
What does a monkey need money for?
Does the monkey even know what copywrite is?
A photographer got a picture on his camera of a monkey which he probably would have took anyway if the moment came up.

Yeah, Peta have probably made the point worse by spreading it themselves anyway.
I think Peta should pay for damages of causing fuss and influx to this monkey. :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
What does a monkey need money for?
Does the monkey even know what copywrite is?
A photographer got a picture on his camera of a monkey which he probably would have took anyway if the moment came up.

Yeah, Peta have probably made the point worse by spreading it themselves anyway.
I think Peta should pay for damages of causing fuss and influx to this monkey. :p
Well, the article says the money would go towards preserving its habitat.

I actually think it's a valid question - but I don't know enough about Indonesian law to say which position is more valid. Here in Canada, whomever takes the photograph owns it - regardless of who's camera it was taken on. However, since animals aren't permitted to own private property, I would imagine the Tangkoko Reserve itself would then become the owner of the photograph.

I do feel for the guy, however. This was a battle that Peta doesn't need to fight. The monkey wasn't harmed so just let it go and give the guy a break.

Top Bottom