• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Should it try

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
To get this game, this is the only RE game I haven't played. I know the first half and the last half of the game.

Painted_Wraith

I've only played the start of the game, and have only recently ordered it online, but from what I remember I think it will be worth the purchase. I'm guesssing that if you like the REmake, you'll like Zero.

Mr Sunshine

I could use some answers one this question too.

What I'm looking for is:
- some cool diaries like the ones in the original
- some old-school RE puzzles
- The unique feeling of loneliness of the Arklay mountains.

Does it have these?

My main concern actually is this duo system? i don't acutally get it? So I can change characters whenever I want to?

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
If I remember from when my cousins played (If you haven't figured out by now I watched them play pretty much all the resident evil games) you can swap between them almost any time and some cut scene will be slightly changed like *SPOILERS* when your on top of the train you have to do something, can't remember what, but then while your doing that it shows a cut scene where the person your controlling falls and gets stuck in a cart or something. *End OF Spoilers* I'm not sure if you guys have to split ammo and all tho.

Awesome oats

Premium
This game is good . You can play with both characters simultaneously and have to use both to beat some location puzzles. some puzzles in the game are far fetched and others are very easy. The feeling of lonelyness is kinda gone becouse your partner backing you up but the feeling that both character's are vulnerable when alone is unique itself(witch keeps you checking on them constantly).About the diaries I read some interesting stuff on zer0. The duo system is actually really cool you can move both characters on the same screen (I dont know how it is with the wii version) on gc you move your main with the first joystick and your partner with the yellow joystick and you can quickly switch between them with the touch of a button.

Painted_Wraith

I'm not sure if you guys have to split ammo and all tho.

Each character uses the ammo they acquire individually, but you can exchange ammo (how much is also your decision - meaning, there's no quantity restrictions or anything like that).

(I dont know how it is with the wii version) on gc you move your main with the first joystick and your partner with the yellow joystick and you can quickly switch between them with the touch of a button.

It's the same with the Wii version.

Awesome oats

Premium
Each character uses the ammo they acquire individually, but you can exchange ammo (how much is also your decision - meaning, there's no quantity restrictions or anything like that).

It's the same with the Wii version.
Oh so you use the classic controller then?And wouldn't it be cool if they made it multiplayer? It looks possible to just make the game split screen when they split past a room. Now that would be a awesome RE co op.

L

Lurker
If you know both the first half and the last half you know all the game bro. It's not worth it. Other than that it's worth it.

Hoady

Definitely worth getting imo.Scary,fun,good gameplay and radioactive apes!Not sure how much story you know but i don't think that would detract me replaying it a few times.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Very good Resident Evil game... In my opinion this is one of the more difficult games in the series, definitely one of the more unique aswell. There are no item boxes and you have to control two characters.. but once get the hang of it it's not too bad. I really enjoyed RE0, not one of my favs, but I beat it a good number of times over the years. I really recommend this game if you are looking for something different and challenging in the RE world. This is also the last RE made in the "true" RE gameplay style (with fixed cameras before all that over the shoulder crap). So buy it, borrow it, steal it.. whatever ya gotta do (don't steal it.. ok) ... Just play it because you will NEVER see another RE like this.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It is worth it if you liked REmake (who didn't) but REmake is better. The 2 character system is pretty annoying to be honest, it would be different if the game had actual co-op, if that was the case then it would be perfect.

Top Bottom