• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Should I buy RE:ORC?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I find the zombies in this game to be crap as well to be honest. They flail around flapping their arms like deranged mentalists with rockets up their arse. They dont look like zombies or bleed properly either. very boring gun play--aiming is so slow its almost better to spray n pray.no accuracy. all the guns recoil like a bitch. My main issue though is the aim sensitivety. So Slow it makes the game Unplayable to me. It takes about 3 seconds to do a 360.
The way they did a 180 quick turn is the stupiest thing ever. Its been down on Left stick and A since Re3. why they make it the right (aim stick) down, for me as i use invert aim this makes me have to do a weird mad wiggle down then up then try to aim, i could have manually turned 180 quicker even with the slow as hell aiming.

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
i would say yes, despite the flaws that the game has its still fun to play

You realize how old this thread is now don't you? Haha, anyway I got RE: ORC now, came with a cheap PS3 I bought!

I think it's an alright game, it can be fun but it's nothing to write home about.

Dearheart Captive

Power is life
I know this post is old but I feel rather defensive of this game. After years of hearing that it was terrible and glitchy I finally gave in and decided to give it a try. To my great surprise I found an entertaining game with no glitches. The characters are interesting (especially lupo and four eyes), the story is well written, and the enemies are pretty strong. My only gripe is the ending....I won't give any spoilers but it really hurt the game for me.

potato

I know this post is old but I feel rather defensive of this game. After years of hearing that it was terrible and glitchy I finally gave in and decided to give it a try. To my great surprise I found an entertaining game with no glitches. The characters are interesting (especially lupo and four eyes), the story is well written, and the enemies are pretty strong. My only gripe is the ending....I won't give any spoilers but it really hurt the game for me.

I beg to defer. The gameplay was bad in Single Player, not talking about the A.I teammates, controls felt clunky compared to RE4 & 5, graphic were subpar, character designs were boring & dull.

But some people love them.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Why do you feel that the character designs were boring and dull?

I think it's a lot better than people give it credit for. If I remember correctly I didn't enjoy it at all when I played through for the first time by myself, but I always had a blast when a couple of us forum gals would run through. It really is what you make of it.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Why do you feel that the character designs were boring and dull?

I think it's a lot better than people give it credit for. If I remember correctly I didn't enjoy it at all when I played through for the first time by myself, but I always had a blast when a couple of us forum gals would run through. It really is what you make of it.
Girl we did have a helluva time playing that didn't we?

I didn't mind the game in single player. Actually most of my time playing it was in single player. I loved it.
Of course I'm not a graphics hound and my main concern is whether or not the game is fun and holds my interest.

predxeno

I thought this was a REALLY great game, it had lots of action and I enjoyed playing from the bad guys' point of view. I also felt this game was easier and also more realistic than many of the canonical titles the series had to offer; a game no longer deserves to be called "survival horror" when the sole protagonist can take out armies of gun-wielding maniacs including a minigunner. When stuff like this happens, the story stops becoming realistic and I just can't ingratiate myself in a story that's more about challenging action shots than it is about realism.

ratkid10

I realize I'm a bit late to the party but I enjoy RE6 so it seems I would like ORC.

I know it isn't a true RE game and all that which is why I avoided it for a while. Now though seeing as it's cheap and doesn't seem to be much less of an RE game than 6, I may want to get it.

How is the gameplay? The multiplayer? Is the Campaign even worth caring about?

I would like to hear your thoughts!
Its ok. it is a bit like outbreak. if you liked outbreak you will probably like it.
the one thing i hate about it is, the fact that your not fighting just zombies and monsters but your fighting soldiers also which is irritating and the melee is super op

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Check the dates on the last replies dude, this topic is old, and the original post was made YEARS ago.
Ya I know its old. Which by now means its not really evident yes I know this. I should have added that disclaimer before posting. haha

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Ya I know its old. Which by now means its not really evident yes I know this. I should have added that disclaimer before posting. haha

Then if you knew it was old than why did you reply/bump it?

You should have a look at these since your new,
http://residentevil.org/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines.1425/

Its not a good idea to intentionally break any rules, but you probably have not read those yet since your bumping old topics and making double posts so the staff would be cool for now if you have not read those yet.

Just some tips to help your stay be long.:angry:

Top Bottom