• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Should I buy RE:DC HD for PS3?

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
I heard awful things about Umbrella chronicles but people atually say Darkside Chronicles is great and has a lot of atmosfere. So I was thinking. Should I buy it? Is it fun? Repetitive? Boring? Frustrating? Worth 15 dollars?

What did you like about it?

What did you hate?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I bought both Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. I like both games.
TUC has a more repetitive gameplay and they don't foccus a lot on story or the characters' feelings.
TDC is a lot better. It has a lot of suspense and tells the stories in a carefully and interesting way. Especially, the Code Veronica scenario (Game of Oblivion).
I didn't like Operation Javier, but the game is worth for the RE2 and RECV parts.

bruno

Chief Researcher
They are both great games ...wish aiming was a little better though
How could aiming be better than it is?
Have you deactivated the Auto Aim option? It's a default setting, but it is very annoying and makes it harder to hit critical spots... (go to options or game definitions or something like that and deactivate it)

potato

It's worth getting both for the sake of just looking at the new cutscenes. If you like Remake, Umbrella Chronicles should suit your taste as the character models used are following Remake.

Thing about it is you need to invest in the Move controller, which cost more than the game itself.

I have the Wii version, is the PS3 really worth getting for the HD & extras? What extras they come with?

Raven2-1

Fifth Survivor
I didnt see the point of move. if you havee the wii version then why pay gizzilion of $ to buy the same game

Adsanmly

I saw my bro. playing it. I think it is really fun. And Leon in that game is pretty handsome. >wwww<

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
UC is cool. Tons of dissapointments, but still cool. DSC is friggin awesome.

If I had a Ps3 I'd get those two in HD, but that's just me.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I bought the bundle Sunday (I was upset... and drunk). Y'all seem to have positive things to say though, so... onward!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I bought the bundle recently and I absolutely loved UC but DC was a serious disappointment to me; honestly wish I had just bought UC separately.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I bought the bundle recently and I absolutely loved UC but DC was a serious disappointment to me; honestly wish I had just bought UC separately.
I found UC(the wii version) dissapointing for sure, much like RE5. DSC was always amazing in my eyes, so I wonder why your port version was dissapointing?

DSC had awesome music, characters, story, etc. I may just go back and play it now lol. Why didn't you dig it?

I don't have a Ps3, but damn I would like the HD ports of those two, as well as RE4 and CVX. But again, no Ps3...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I found UC(the wii version) dissapointing for sure, much like RE5. DSC was always amazing in my eyes, so I wonder why your port version was dissapointing?

DSC had awesome music, characters, story, etc. I may just go back and play it now lol. Why didn't you dig it?

I don't have a Ps3, but damn I would like the HD ports of those two, as well as RE4 and CVX. But again, no Ps3...
This is why. I must say that I really enjoyed Operation Javier - like I'm completely obsessed with it and replay it all the time - so it's safe to say that I'm not regretting the buy as much as I was at the time of that post but Game of Oblivion and the Resident Evil 2 flashback are still pretty disappointing to me.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
This is why. I must say that I really enjoyed Operation Javier - like I'm completely obsessed with it and replay it all the time - so it's safe to say that I'm not regretting the buy as much as I was at the time of that post but Game of Oblivion and the Resident Evil 2 flashback are still pretty disappointing to me.
You don't say. *Looks at Magnolia's sig and avy*

Operation Javier is pretty sweet. I really liked seeing Krauser/Leon again. And seeing Krauser go bad was definately a highlight of the game. I really liked the RE2/CVX stuff though. I actually popped DSC in the other night just to watch the cutscenes in the Archive. Didn't feel like playing through, but damn the cutscenes are still hella good.

IDK, railshooters are just intolerably boring sometimes.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You don't say. *Looks at Magnolia's sig and avy*

Operation Javier is pretty sweet. I really liked seeing Krauser/Leon again. And seeing Krauser go bad was definately a highlight of the game. I really liked the RE2/CVX stuff though. I actually popped DSC in the other night just to watch the cutscenes in the Archive. Didn't feel like playing through, but damn the cutscenes are still hella good.

IDK, railshooters are just intolerably boring sometimes.
I enjoy the Chronicles as rail shooters and can't really imagine them any other way.

The RE2/CVX scenarios were okay, but my love is Operation Javier. It's funny because I was actually beginning to like Leon, not just tolerate him, until the...fourth scenario of RE2, I believe.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I enjoy the Chronicles as rail shooters and can't really imagine them any other way.

The RE2/CVX scenarios were okay, but my love is Operation Javier. It's funny because I was actually beginning to like Leon, not just tolerate him, until the...fourth scenario of RE2, I believe.
What happend in the 4th Scenario?!

BTW is that Big Boss and Frank Jaeger in your sig?

Top Bottom