• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Room shows as "red", butt no items inside?

Eris

Resident Vorta
Hi everyone, meow! :)

I'm currently playing thorugh the "Very Easy" mode of the newly released "Resident Evil Remake HD Remastered" on the PC. I was about to engage Lisa Trevor (gravepush fight) and so far, all rooms I was in changed from "red" to "green" as soon as I got all the items. Some of them were really hard to find (handgun clips mainly), butt eventually I really found every single item in all rooms.

My map shows green all over, except the one room right above the Lisa Trevor fight room. I go down the various stairs from the Altar save room and enter that room, showing "red", butt I can't see any items at all. The room is not really big, so it should be quite easy to find the item if there was one.

Can anybuddy tell me if there is an item at all or if the room is showing as "red" (incumplete) and it should be "green" (all items claimed), meaning it's a bug?

Thankies in advancies, Eris from Switzerland. Meow! :)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
The only thing that I can think of in that room is a file and maybe some ammo in the coffin after you open it. Not sure if there are any more items in there as I've only played it on normal. I'm pretty sure that whole area counts as one room.

Hope that helps.

Eris

Resident Vorta
You're right, Loki, thankies. After defeating Lizzie, I checked the cuffin and found a letter. I went up the ladder to check if the upper half of the room was "green" as well (even though it's not on the same floor), and yeah, it suddenly was "green" as well. So I didn't miss anything up to now, that's great to know.

I thought I'd play it through on "Very Easy" with a ton of ink ribbons to use for saving (6 saves instead of 3 per pickup of a ribbon) to check all the items in all rooms, and then play it on "Normal" with an attempt to finish in under five hours, so I could then go for the under three hours run with the infinite ammo'ed stronger tripleshot Beretta. :)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Awesome :) I did the same thing on my first run, I love picking up all the items and turning the map green, I'm a bit of a completionist haha.

Finished my first speed run the other day in 2:49 and it killed me to leave so much stuff behind XD

Eris

Resident Vorta
Meow, I wunder if I get a Steam achievement if I pick up every single item and file. ^^ I know that I will get one for using all kinds of weapuns including all three kinds of rounds for the grenade launcher. :) All that's left for me now is the entire lab. I hope there's not too many Chimmies lurking around in the very easy mode. :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
In general:
Rooms are red if there's an item that can be picked up.
This includes items and notes.

Theres room where you can place a key item which can be picked up again and this causes the room to remain red.
Notable example:
The outside curved room where you place the stone and metal object.

Some rooms have hidden items which do not sparkle and require button mashing to find them around various parts of the room. These are typically never key items though and are rare items and ammo instead.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hi everyone, meow! :)

I'm currently playing thorugh the "Very Easy" mode of the newly released "Resident Evil Remake HD Remastered" on the PC. I was about to engage Lisa Trevor (gravepush fight) and so far, all rooms I was in changed from "red" to "green" as soon as I got all the items. Some of them were really hard to find (handgun clips mainly), butt eventually I really found every single item in all rooms.

My map shows green all over, except the one room right above the Lisa Trevor fight room. I go down the various stairs from the Altar save room and enter that room, showing "red", butt I can't see any items at all. The room is not really big, so it should be quite easy to find the item if there was one.

Can anybuddy tell me if there is an item at all or if the room is showing as "red" (incumplete) and it should be "green" (all items claimed), meaning it's a bug?

Thankies in advancies, Eris from Switzerland. Meow! :)
You should google the difference between butt and but. I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I've noticed the red room issue as well. For me, it's in one of the save rooms inside the mansion. I believe it's the one under the staircase where Beeerie leaves you goodies. I've searched every inch and can't find anything. Perhaps there is a glitch with the kerosine canister? Or perhaps, I did miss something.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I've noticed the red room issue as well. For me, it's in one of the save rooms inside the mansion. I believe it's the one under the staircase where Beeerie leaves you goodies. I've searched every inch and can't find anything. Perhaps there is a glitch with the kerosine canister? Or perhaps, I did miss something.
Is there an ink ribbon on the typewriter or something?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There's a file on the ground, I almost missed that one. No ink ribbons as far as I know, but a small key for Chris by the typewriter.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Hm... Has Barry already placed the items for you there? Because maybe the room just stays red until then, even when you've already picked up everything that was there before. I know from experience that you don't need to empty the fuel canister, but if there's a bug or glitch involved, everything is possible...

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
From what I remember
There's ammo on the crate next to the lamp.
Fuel canteen on the floor
Possibly a note beside the typewriter
Then later there's various grenade shells and a few first aid cans on the floor after barry leaves that note.

AdaWait

Yeah he put a bunch of stuff on the floor and on the crate and I'm pretty sure I picked everything up. I'll double check next time I play, but I'm fairly certain that I picked up everything there is to pick up. It's a small room. If it's a bug, it's kind of annoying.

AdaWait

Button mashed every centimeter of the room, turns out there was an ammo clip on the floor by the boxes. Didn't shine or flash at all. Completely invisible.

Top Bottom