• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outbreak 1 Reviving the 2 Outbreak Games

Would you buy Outbreak for PSN/XBOX Live?

• Yes, both files!

Votes: 48 90.6%
  • Yes, but only File 1...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only File 2...

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, give me a File 3 instead.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Martin GM

I just got this game and man I wish I wasnt stuck with dumb AI partners cause this game is sublime ...cant believe Ill never get to experience the whole thing with other people instead of the offline mode........ the way you can barricade,hide in closet/lockers work as a team to survive,all that in the beautiful and awesome atmosphere of the good old resident evil games..I wasnt into playstation as a kid and now I have lots of regrets..this games a work of art if only the offline mode wasnt such a chore..for someone like me who likes to look into every corners and pick up everything stuck with dumb AI partners that just runs straightforward to the end of the scenario leaving me behind against endless waves of zombies and the old man whos almost dead in the beginning of Outbreak scenario is just too much... I WANTTTTTTTTTT THIS GAME ALONG WITH RE2 AND 3 TO BE REMADE IN HD AND SOLD ON PSN PLEASE CAPCOM (I would even take just a port from the PS2 for Outbreak and File 2 since they dont look that old)

Jarrhead

Although the window is shutting, especially with a new online RE title upon us, I sometimes dream of the Outbreak games being released on PSN and possibly XBOX Live, and I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. I mean, they have a decent fan base, and I think they'd certainly get more play than many other arcade titles. So why not?

I would really like the online servers back up on a PSN/XBL release though. Or at least multiplayer available through LAN or System link. I would probably buy them again without it, but I would love to be able to play online since I never got the chance. I had no internet at the time they came out, nor was interested in online gaming. Today though, I would be all over them games online.

BeardedBushMan

I really really loved these games, but I think in a way they were too ahead of their time (or maybe my internet set up was too far behind! :confused:) I just remember getting a game with 3 other players (it was 4 right??) was almost impossible, and the inability to really communicate made it tough. The concept and characters were great (if just a bit generic) but fantastic games.

I would still play them offline if my PS3 had backwards compatibility. Loved finding all the hidden items and unlocking outfits and stuff.

OutbreakFTW

Good to hear! I am a MASSIVE diehard Outbreak fan! Has anyone thought about a kickstarter? With enough fan support and funding i don't see why we can't get both files for current gen systems plus the release of file 3 as a stretch goal.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
-or even an hd download on psn. don't hold your breath for file 3 they'll never make a 3, there will be a resi 2 remake before that happens. I hope for a resident evil complee collection for PS4

OutbreakFTW

-or even an hd download on psn. don't hold your breath for file 3 they'll never make a 3, there will be a resi 2 remake before that happens. I hope for a resident evil complee collection for PS4
But they did make a file 3. They had all 3 files from the start dude. They were going to sell file 1,2,3 as one game and got greedy and decided to split them up into 3 seperate titles to maximize profit.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
But they did make a file 3. They had all 3 files from the start dude. They were going to sell file 1,2,3 as one game and got greedy and decided to split them up into 3 seperate titles to maximize profit.
They definitely didn't release a File 3. There is a lot of fan support for one though. Whether they planned for one or not, I'm not sure.

I think I would only buy them again if online support was included. My ps2 is still running 4, cvx, dead aim, and outbreak. If they improved the AI drastically it would also be worth it for me, but I don't see it likely that they would do much more than a direct port.

What I would REALLY like to see is the elements of Outbreak used as an example for today's online play. 5, 6, and ORC co op was really a lot of "kill this", "help me", "you hit that switch, I'll hit this one". Basically just the same experience among everyone. Outbreak created true classic RE in a team setting, and the way that characters had to interact with each other and work to finish a level is IMO the direction that RE online should have gone.

EQOAnostalgia

We need an outbreak HD remake and we need it NOW! With capcom almost bankrupt now is the time to simply port the game over (very easy to do) onto either PS3 or wait for PS4, or even do a PC release!

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
*Looks at this thread and sighs* Still waiting...
This would be the perfect RE game if they released both files in a HD Collection.

WidowNamedWong

"They took everything from me... i'll kill them"
giveusresidenteviloutbr.png

Hello Glamour. I always enjoy talking with Resident Evil Outbreak fans like yourself who are as passionate about the games as I am. I am Zombie_Professor, a senior member of the Support Outbreak Campaign. Our campaign is fighting to convince Capcom to port the original Resident Evil Outbreak game and Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 to consoles such as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. We are also asking Capcom to develop a new game in the series - Resident Evil Outbreak File 3. If you want to read more about our campaign check out this previous thread I made: http://residentevilnews.com/community/threads/support-outbreak.3425/

It is an exciting time for our Support Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign. A few months ago, in the "Ask Capcom" section of the Capcom-Unity forums, a head Capcom administrator listed the Resident Evil Outbreak series as one of the most popular fan requested series. Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning & Business Development - Christian Svensson, has commented: "I know that there are some fans who want old Outbreak to come back or a new title in the series. Very vocal ones at that. It comes up in planning discussions from time to time but it hasn't yet made it over the hump. Maybe someday it will." "There have been some extrodinary lengths some folks internally have gone to try and help those Outbreak stalwarts that unfortunately didn't come good. Unfortunately, I can't talk about those things but just know there are people internally, especially in our office, supporting your desires."

With a few more Outbreak fans voicing support for the series, we might just be successful. So if you enjoyed playing Resident Evil Outbreak, please consider signing our petition and joining our discussion on the Capcom forum: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

http://www.capcom-unity.com/residen...ident_Evil_Outbreak_Discussion&sort_order=ASC
Well... I think it could if the RE community came together and fought for it. It's honestly a brilliant spin-off of the game and serves well not only in the horror-survival aspect but also it's challenging with puzzle and things to solve. It would be absolutely amazing if the series was brought to PSN - HD or not. The problem is not enough people are showing interest in the game otherwise the series would have been brought to PSN a long time ago. I started a petition, not to continue the spin-off, but to simply bring it back. I think if we got enough signatures, we could catch the eye of CAPCOM and hopefully get this game back. It would not only be something great for the players but for the company financially as well. And transferring the game data for Resident Evil Outbreak isn't that hard and shouldn't be to costly for the company. It would also be something nice to hold us over until RE7 releases. I would much rather have this back than have the first RE with new graphics. The petition site: https://www.change.org/p/capcom-to-...available-to-purchase-and-have-on-playstion-3 . Share it! Sign it! and let's get this to happen!

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I would like these two games revisited with co-op split screen play. Different difficulty settings, better timer system, more inventory space, and better combat.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I would like these two games revisited with co-op split screen play. Different difficulty settings, better timer system, more inventory space, and better combat.

So, ORC if it wasn't a clogged up septic tank of game design?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Boy, I love falling through floors, not being able to pick up ammo and pushing up against walls like an idiot to take cover.

I swear somebody superglued these boxes of ammunition to the ground, I CAN'T GET THEM, URGH

Top Bottom