• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Revelations 2 should not be released

jayshizzo

Capcom, please i saw your prototype of revelations 2 and it reminded me of "The last of us".Any game that reminds me of another game is not a good game.I believe in originality.I believe there is something much better that I have to offer that would be of a great benefit to the Company.I strongly believe that if you hear it you might want to consider. Thank you.

jayshizzo

It didn't remind me of The Last of Us at all. Just because it reminds you of it doesn't mean Capcom shouldn't release it at all. I'm extemely excited for it. If anything, The Last of Us copied Resident Evil and Silent Hill (Though SH has copied RE millions of times).
maybe.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Capcom, please i saw your prototype of revelations 2 and it reminded me of "The last of us".Any game that reminds me of another game is not a good game.I believe in originality.I believe there is something much better that I have to offer that would be of a great benefit to the Company.I strongly believe that if you hear it you might want to consider. Thank you.
Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley (the duo behind the Last Of Us) have gone on record saying that TLOS definitely had some RE influence. Here's the thing, man; You can't create in a bubble. Everything is derivative of something.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
An old veteran with a backpack travelling alongside a little girl with special powers after losing his daughter, throwing bricks, hearing "sensing" monsters... Yeah, Barry's part is definitely The Last Of Us 2.0, and no one can tell me that's a coincidence. But does that mean Capcom shouldn't release it? Bull$hit! Everything is copying everything these days, and there's not really a way around that because everything has already been there at one point or another. Name one modern game that doesn't somehow resemble an older one.

jayshizzo

A lot of people are wondering why the hell am i writing here.Capcom needs to seriously rethink their strategy going forward with this new franchise, because despite all the negative comments made about resident evil 6, the last thing that I want is for the Resident Evil series to be canned. I want the game to succeed.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Here's the thing, man; You can't create in a bubble. Everything is derivative of something.
Aleluia... Someone gets it right.
The Word "Original" can´t be placed in most things these days. It´s futile to think otherwise...
It doesn´t mean that i want everything to be a copie of something else, but if it has influences i won´t bitch about it,like it´s the worse thng that has happened in my life.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
OHH NOOOOO. In one of my posts I hit r and it didn't come upppppp :O. I'm the grammar police. I can't believe that happened.

Aleluia... Someone gets it right.
The Word "Original" can´t be placed in most things these days. It´s futile to think otherwise...
It doesn´t mean that i want everything to be a copie of something else, but if it has influences i won´t bitch about it,like it´s the worse thng that has happened in my life.

I agree. I think everything has a bit of something else in it, though. For example, The Evil Within was its own game, unlike any other, really, and it had a lot of parts that were influenced by RE. That doesn't mean it was copying everything.

jayshizzo

OHH NOOOOO. In one of my posts I hit r and it didn't come upppppp :O. I'm the grammar police. I can't believe that happened.

I agree. I think everything has a bit of something else in it, though. For example, The Evil Within was its own game, unlike any other, really, and it had a lot of parts that were influenced by RE. That doesn't mean it was copying everything.
personally, do you feel like RE is copying everything from last of us or do you think it still has its style ?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
A lot of people are wondering why the hell am i writing here.Capcom needs to seriously rethink their strategy going forward with this new franchise, because despite all the negative comments made about resident evil 6, the last thing that I want is for the Resident Evil series to be canned. I want the game to succeed.

So you want Resident Evil to succeed by suggesting to Capcom that they sh!tcan the sequel to the best RE in years?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I read a review that basically slagged the game off because of several things. I signed up just to say why the article was bS

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02...nal,manual,manual,manual&conversation=2658157

There's that many games out there now it's hard to not have elements that may seemingly be taken from another game. The last of us was a great game though so I would take it as a compliment to say they are using their ideas (even though having a little defence/less girl does not make it worthy of being called a carbon copy).

Honestly if some people spent less time comparing and slagging off the games they might actually enjoy them.

Top Bottom