• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Revelations 2 coming to vita

black 93

Better late than never i suppose but revelations 2 is coming to vita on august 18th. Its gunna have everything the console versions have including all the dlc( costumes, bonus episodes,) and raid mode. Only gripe is its digital only which sucks. Im gunna pick it up even though i have it on ps4 cause im a sucker lol. Anyone else getting it?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Revelations 2 on Vita sounds like a bit of an afterthought and last ditch effort for the Vita to be relevant at this point.
But that's just the way I see it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Should have been faithful and went on the 3DS. The first Revelations was a fantastic game on the 3DS. The console port was so watered down and.... ugh. It actually even looked worse graphically. Yes the resolution was higher, but something didn't look right and it actually looked lower res.... So many of the elements that made the game so great was removed or simplified.

Capcom was always terrible at ports. Resident Evil 4 on PS2 or PC anyone? I don't expect Revelations 2 to do very well on Vita.

Personally I am glad it's getting it. Revelations 2 appears to be one of the weakest titles in terms of sales. It needs more exposure as it's easily one of the best 2 or 3 in terms of story and gameplay! It's story is absolutely vital to the lore, even more so that most of the main numbered titles. An absolute master piece! Actually it might be my favorite o.0 Natalia is such a cutie and one of my favorite characters (literally I can't choose *flails arms* Natalia or my first love Jill? *tranced Natalia's cute smile* GAAAH SEW CUTE!! Natalia wins *gives he hugs and cuddles*), Barry was such a bad ass, Moira was awesome and my style of a punk, and Alex is mind-blowingly epic. Easily shaping up to be one of the best villains ever (in my eyes). Claire seemed really bland in comparison to the rest of the cast. My only complaint of the game was that the Raid mode was TERRIBAD! Give just mercs and verses please. RE5 and 6 did it right. Oh and Albert Wesker needs a serious buff as does Alex. I can't wait to see her powers. Intelligence and super strength? She cut her former self like butter. It would be great to see Alex and Albert duke it out :p She would have a hell of a time hitting him but in the end.... she is the superior of the two.... so say it as you will and say it as it is! xD

black 93

Should have been faithful and went on the 3DS. The first Revelations was a fantastic game on the 3DS. The console port was so watered down and.... ugh. It actually even looked worse graphically. Yes the resolution was higher, but something didn't look right and it actually looked lower res.... So many of the elements that made the game so great was removed or simplified.

Capcom was always terrible at ports. Resident Evil 4 on PS2 or PC anyone? I don't expect Revelations 2 to do very well on Vita.

Personally I am glad it's getting it. Revelations 2 appears to be one of the weakest titles in terms of sales. It needs more exposure as it's easily one of the best 2 or 3 in terms of story and gameplay! It's story is absolutely vital to the lore, even more so that most of the main numbered titles. An absolute master piece! Actually it might be my favorite o.0 Natalia is such a cutie and one of my favorite characters (literally I can't choose *flails arms* Natalia or my first love Jill? *tranced Natalia's cute smile* GAAAH SEW CUTE!! Natalia wins *gives he hugs and cuddles*), Barry was such a bad ass, Moira was awesome and my style of a punk, and Alex is mind-blowingly epic. Easily shaping up to be one of the best villains ever (in my eyes). Claire seemed really bland in comparison to the rest of the cast. My only complaint of the game was that the Raid mode was TERRIBAD! Give just mercs and verses please. RE5 and 6 did it right. Oh and Albert Wesker needs a serious buff as does Alex. I can't wait to see her powers. Intelligence and super strength? She cut her former self like butter. It would be great to see Alex and Albert duke it out :p She would have a hell of a time hitting him but in the end.... she is the superior of the two.... so say it as you will and say it as it is! xD
Tbh i dont expect it to do all that well either, partly because the vita isnt exactly selling like hotcakes and the fact that everybodys already played this game to death whether its on ps4 & xone or even ps3 and 360.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Capcom was always terrible at ports. Resident Evil 4 on PS2 or PC

The 2007 PC version of RE4 was actually courtesy of a no-name developer named Sourcenext and supervised by UbiSoft, but Capcom could have at least said something.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Tbh i dont expect it to do all that well either, partly because the vita isnt exactly selling like hotcakes and the fact that everybodys already played this game to death whether its on ps4 & xone or even ps3 and 360.

Exactly my thoughts. I think Revelations 2 is one of the best games in the series and my personal favorite! I love it to death! ^.^

I could be wrong but.... Isn't it one of the least selling entries in the franchise? If so... so many people are going to be utterly confused when Alex returns. It'll likely be in a MAJOR numbered title as well and if not 7 then soon after for sure!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Just saw on playstations twitter.
That it's out on vita now.

Buying the game comes with all dlc content already.
(except for gun packs and Raid packs)

I already have this fantastic game on the Playstation 4. But I will actually pick up a PS Vita TV today with some other things (Until Dawn on PS4 comes out today :DD) Anyway, I will download Revelations 2 just to see how it is. I've heard the Vita version has some exclusive content so I wanna see what that's all about.

First impressions of the Vita version.
Coming from playing the PS4 version i've noticed some major differences. Sure graphics look worse. It actually look like a PS2 game. Framerate drops ALOT in this game. There is some bugs, for example i died because the game continued while i was in a loading scene. It's unfinished.. atleast it feels like it. I play on the PSTV btw and the touch controlls even with the DS4 controller is very frustrating.

black 93

I adore revelations 2, its my favourite RE since RE5 and one my faves overall. Claire, the burtons, alex and the aflicted, whats not to love right? I gotta say tho, this is a pretty pathetic port :/ The game wasnt visually as stunning as RE5 or 6 to begin with, but the graphics have taken a big downturn here and are far from what the vitas capable of. Now i could ignore something like average graphics because thats not what makes a game. The framerate and even the sound is pretty poor, and glitches are everywhere. I had to restart claires episode 1 three times because everytime i tried to lift the shutter to leave the prison, a loading screen would pop up but claire and moira would still take damage from the enemies! The only reason i got through was by using the 3 green herbs i had to last me through a loading screen! Natalia has a habit of not following Barry and in general the partner commands dont work half the time, moira and natalia have got me in trouble a lot. If your a vita only player then yea get it, but if you can get this game on ANY other system, sod this one. Dont do what i did and waste £25 on it.

black 93, same glitch happened to me. Very frustrating! Wanna try out Raid mode with me later? My PSN is MartinMilk. I have both vita and ps4 versions.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
This is disappointing.... though as for dying on the loading screen.... Alex is a ****ing HAXXOR anyways! She's in intellectual genius who happens to be very good with computers. Apparently cheating death with haxs wasn't enough. She had to go further and troll harder! Once again getting the last laugh while she Haxasaurus Wrex you!

The framerate drop makes it kinda unplayable at some parts. I'm basically only playing it to unlock some of the trophies that i already unlocked from the ps4 version at this point.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
The framerate drop makes it kinda unplayable at some parts. I'm basically only playing it to unlock some of the trophies that i already unlocked from the ps4 version at this point.
Im willing to guess that maybe alot ot claire chapter 3 suffers from this?

I finished this on normal on PS4. I was thinking about trying the vita version on the hardest difficulty. I'm glad i didn't. Normal is like super hard mode on the vita.. The gun is next to useless because of the framerate drops so you might just aswell not use it at all.

Update: The PSVita version is patched and is somewhat better. Alot of the glitches are fixed. Better compatibility with PSTV and a few other things. However loadtimes are still as long as ever.

I would say that after the patching etc.. the PSVita version is better. Still the worst version out there but if you only have a Vita or are desperate for new games I would say it's worth a buy.

Top Bottom