• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Spiritual Crisis Zombies?

zombiechow

Had an idea. Imagine a reboot of RE wherein the Umbrella Corp is, in fact, a front for a cuthuluesque cult that generates monsters as a result of a ritual that brings the dead to life & brings demons to the world rather than mutating zombies to be bigger n badder through the T virus. Then the first generation of zombies would actually be human sacrifices (which is basically what the Umbrella corp is using them for anyway) and the execs & leadership are trying to become vessels for demonic possession in a quest for personal power.

Help me explore & form this alternate setting. Influences include Event Horizon, Doom, the Warhammer & Warhammer 40,000 settings, H.P. Lovecraft's works, & all the zombie movies.
Thoughts?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not a huge fan, and I think the reason for that is it's basically Silent Hill but with a corporation. The core of Resident Evil has always been Man vs. The Horrors of Science, and it should stay that way, lest it suffer yet ANOTHER identity crisis.

zombiechow

Confession: I've never played Silent Hill, I love Jacob's Ladder too much, but I'll look into it as reference for this.

I'm not talking about going to the designers & telling them to try again; more of an "Imagine Stan Lee's Green Lantern" sort of a thing. For my tabletop gamers.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Confession: I've never played Silent Hill, I love Jacob's Ladder too much, but I'll look into it as reference for this.

I'm not talking about going to the designers & telling them to try again; more of an "Imagine Stan Lee's Green Lantern" sort of a thing. For my tabletop gamers.
...Stan Lee didn't do Green Lantern. Not even the same company...

Top Bottom