• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica resident evil: code veronica HD, anybody getting it?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I bought it yesterday. The graphics are a little clearer/sharper, the lighting is nicely enhanced. I like it.

Wikipedia said one of the new changes is different item placements... can somebody explain this to me? So far, I've noticed nothing different.

brin

hey guys and girls, is this worth buying?

i have just bought resi 4 hd on xbox and loving this, i have played through 80% on resi one on gc, finished resi 5 and played resi racoon city but was wondering if code veronica is worth it and i have read mixed things.

Could people who have played this remake shed some light please.

Dante47

Fanboys May Cry
I'm getting this along with RE4. Suprisingly I've never actually played Code Veronica X, so I'm not sure how good it is. Worth buying or not?

bruno

Chief Researcher
If you like the old style games, then it's definitely worth buying. Code Veronica has one of the best stories in the RE series, and Claire finally reunites with Chris in this game. It has a great environment and an amazing soundtrack. However, it is a hard game, you have to be careful not to waste too much ammo or health supplies. Once you've learned how to dodge zombies and bandersnatches, you'll do fine.
This is not a remake of RECV, just a port with hd graphics.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Right. It's not a remake. It's just HD remastered, so don't go exactly expecting REmake's graphics or anything. It does look nicer than previous versions, though and I love to be able to play it on my PS3, rather than dusting off my PS2 and bringing it out.

hangar40

I'm currently playing it! and I can say it's a delightful to play it in HD.
I've always liked my games in physical disc, so I bought Biohazard on japanese :p not the downloadable RE.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I bought both RE4 and CVX in the bundle which had a discount just after E3. I haven't gotten round to playing it yet but CVX is my favourite Resident Evil game so it won't be too long before I start it :)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I just bought CVX from psn and I have to say it was totally worth it. I had forgotten how hard this game was, there seems to be a lot more zombies scattered around the place than I remember. It's great to play a classic Resi game again where it's actually a challenge to get past zombies (I'm trying not to waste my ammo). Also I think it looks really nice in hd :)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I just bought CVX from psn and I have to say it was totally worth it. I had forgotten how hard this game was, there seems to be a lot more zombies scattered around the place than I remember. It's great to play a classic Resi game again where it's actually a challenge to get past zombies (I'm trying not to waste my ammo). Also I think it looks really nice in hd :)
I just beat the game for the third time with a B rank. My first time playing, it was kinda hard, pretty much because I thought I had to like always use a knife, but you don't. Just go around using your gun until you get the bow gun, Then when you run out of bow gun ammo you should be fully stocked with hand gun ammo. Any way I I'm trying to get the achievment to get the rocket launcher, and I beat the game in 5:27:43 Is this good for a third try?

Sfamicom

I love it when these games are re-released. Even if there are only minor improvements, it gives me a reason to play the game again - - or rather, it brings the game back into the forefront of my mind and I feel the need to play it again :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
No, because A) I already own CODE Veronica X for PS2, and B) I don't have anyway of purchasing digital downloads on XBOX Live.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?

I've still yet to beat that game. It is really hard in contrast with other RE games and I'm not sure if it's because I've never played it before, or if it really is just harder. I find that I run out of ammo constantly and I get lost all the time.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've still yet to beat that game. It is really hard in contrast with other RE games and I'm not sure if it's because I've never played it before, or if it really is just harder. I find that I run out of ammo constantly and I get lost all the time.
Rockfort is hella huge and there is a lot of backtracking so getting lost is understandable.
You go through so much of it over and over and over that you think you have it down and when you switch to Chris you're like: "I know this now!" and then Chris has a different path and you're just like: "@#$!"
Code Veronica is hard and I know a lot of fans that don't like it because it is so hard. All I can tell you is I felt super accomplished after finishing it; I liken it to beating the original Resident Evil as Chris on hard. It's truly a wonderful feeling.

If it were any other game, I would suggest trying an 'Easy' run-through to get a feel of things but, since CVX is conveniently lacking difficulty levels, that's impossible. My only advice is learning to dodge - you really need to save your ammo for bigger enemies, don't waste it on zombies - and utilize your knife during the 'zombie' portion of the game. I don't know if the knife is longer in CVX or just more badass all-around but you can get a good reach on it and it's helpful in sticky situations.
And don't be afraid to use up regular bow-gun bolts! They're not powerful but they are plentiful, saves your handgun ammo for tougher enemies.
Just don't waste your explosive bolts when you get them.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Rockfort is hella huge and there is a lot of backtracking so getting lost is understandable.
You go through so much of it over and over and over that you think you have it down and when you switch to Chris you're like: "I know this now!" and then Chris has a different path and you're just like: "@#$!"
Code Veronica is hard and I know a lot of fans that don't like it because it is so hard. All I can tell you is I felt super accomplished after finishing it; I liken it to beating the original Resident Evil as Chris on hard. It's truly a wonderful feeling.

If it were any other game, I would suggest trying an 'Easy' run-through to get a feel of things but, since CVX is conveniently lacking difficulty levels, that's impossible. My only advice is learning to dodge - you really need to save your ammo for bigger enemies, don't waste it on zombies - and utilize your knife during the 'zombie' portion of the game. I don't know if the knife is longer in CVX or just more badass all-around but you can get a good reach on it and it's helpful in sticky situations.
And don't be afraid to use up regular bow-gun bolts! They're not powerful but they are plentiful, saves your handgun ammo for tougher enemies.
Just don't waste your explosive bolts when you get them.

Nice, I'll be sure to try that.

I think it might be a little hard to conserve ammo because I don't know the game very well so I end up running around a lot. This means I either have to kill the enemies or risk getting hit. I haven't made it very far, I remember the metal detector part and then I discovered the cross bow. I remember using it kind of sucks because the arrows don't seem to do much.

I don't think I even made it to the mansion yet. :(

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Don't worry, even if you did make it to the mansion, this game is hella huge so you have a long way to go. Just to give you an idea, you go through the island as Claire and then as Chris. Then you go through the antarctic facility as Claire, then as Chris and I believe you might even switch back to Claire once before finishing. (Though I'm not sure about that last part.) You do finish the game as Chris, though.

Like I said, the most important thing to learn in this game - it's really helpful in all other Resident Evil games but especially in CV - dodging. Dodging is your best friend but that's okay because, since the dogs are infected, they don't mind being pushed to the number two slot on the man's best friend list. ;)

Shocker

This is one of the HD games I have not gotten yet. Can someone give me a rating on this game? Lots of bad reviews out there on this one.

This is one of the HD games I have not gotten yet. Can someone give me a rating on this game? Lots of bad reviews out there on this one.
First of all, This game is underrated as hell. And where did you see the bad ratings? People usually say it's one of the best games for the SEGA Dreamcast.

The game focuses more on creepyness and puzzles rather than action and fighting like it was more of in RE2 and 3. It's considered being one of the harder games in the series, but to be honest, just don't shoot everything and you'll be fine.

It's my favorite game of all time, so I would rate it a 10/10. However the HD remake isn't the best though. They sadly made HD version of the PS2 game which has worse textures than the Dreamcast version. So if you want the prettiest looking Veronica game go with Dreamcast using Scart cable.

But for the casual fan, get the HD remake, it's the same game.

Top Bottom