• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 7 article.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Similar articles have been published several times, so I guess it's the truth, although I'm not sure I understand that headline in conjunction with the text. "It's The End Of Games For Resident Evil 7" - what?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Supposedly they did confirm that it will be more aimed towards the original fan-base, so yeah, expect RE7 to be straight up horror likely with some more modern elements.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
It's simple. If RE 7 ends up as just more of the same bs, it's not gonna sell very well. If Capcom are smart, they will listen to the Resi fans.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Similar articles have been published several times, so I guess it's the truth, although I'm not sure I understand that headline in conjunction with the text. "It's The End Of Games For Resident Evil 7" - what?

Perhaps the "End of Games" thing is meant to imply that RE7 will be the last one in the main series.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It's simple. If RE 7 ends up as just more of the same bs, it's not gonna sell very well. If Capcom are smart, they will listen to the Resi fans.
Despite all the hate and not meeting the expectations, RE6 was their second best selling RE game. Sadly I am pretty sure if they make a pure horror game, it is gonna sell pretty bad despite having a great reception as we saw it happening with Revelations.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Despite all the hate and not meeting the expectations, RE6 was their second best selling RE game. Sadly I am pretty sure if they make a pure horror game, it is gonna sell pretty bad despite having a great reception as we saw it happening with Revelations.

I agree with this completely...And in this article, he says what I've been saying forever...that they were in fact trying to cater to ALL their fans. When people keep saying they're only trying to cater to the CoD fanbase they are wrong, however, Capcom did fail at catering to them all...They ADMIT this. Now I personally LOVED RE6...I thought it was fantastic...not everybody thinks that way...but oh well...Point is, Capcom is trying to make things work, and as much as gaming has changed ever since the days of RE1, how can we blame them for screwing up now and again.

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
Understandably a lot of people are frustrated with the direction the franchise has gone lately, maybe I'm just crazy but at this point in the story (RE4, 5, 6 and Revelations) B.O.Ws, Umbrella, Neo Umbrella, etc. have became worldwide threats. So the BSAA and other organizations have formed and have geared up to handle these threats.

So the survival horror aspect has diminished, honestly I'd feel shorted if I had dropped into a B.O.W hotzone with only a knife and a pistol with 9 rounds, but with the development of Jake and the over the top brawls in RE6 wasn't the greatest addition. I remain optimistic for RE7 and future installments.

NemesisGirl1027

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. I literally own every single game ever made. I know there are people like me who just love the whole story of Resident Evil. So I'm not sure who will agree or disagree, but I'm very open minded. Despite the old graphics, I'm forever a fan of the original games 1, 2, and 3. I even really liked Code Veronica. When I first played RE4, I was kind of iffy because I didn't really enjoy the fact that the enemies weren't actually "zombies" but being controlled, almost like crazy people lol. So anyway, I got used to it and thought well whatever I will give it a try. Again, open to new suggestions. Then RE5 came along. It was pretty much the same thing but now even more "crazy people" shooting and trying to kill me but not actually eat me like a zombie. So then I was kinda like well whatever I guess I'll continue buying and playing as I love the story of RE. Then RE6 popped along. Honestly, I was so disappointed. I tried so hard to enjoy it and if anything Leon's campaign was the best one. Chris' honestly ****ed me off so much. People in tanks and **** trying to kill me? If i wanted to play Call of Duty, I would have bought the dumb game. I'm a fan of zombies and horror games, not action/shooting/war. I wouldn't say RE6 was horrible because I enjoyed some original characters like Chris and Leon obviously, Sherry and Ada. I just honestly would say it was way too action packed to be a Resident Evil game in my own opinion. We need more zombies, more to the story, more twists and more horrifying scenes and original game play. I miss the thrill of actual zombies and trying to fight off hoards, and when the music stops playing walking over a zombie and it grabbing my leg anyways. I miss all that. I am hoping so much that they bring back more aspects of the original zombies and RE story, along with some new game play. I did enjoy RE Revelations. Lots of monsters to fight off so it felt a little more like home. Plus I missed playing as Jill, and having Chris and Jill together in a game to play made me happy!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
If they want to make a Re7 that's probably all horror I think they should use a few references first.
Like how well the Psycho Break (Evil Within) Sells and from their Re5 DLC Lost in Nightmares both look scary as a Motherf***** But If they want a horror game that's enjoyable.

Environment wise I'd say Re4 or Re5 (Re5 has to be night) Since those were my personal favorite areas to explore.

Music Re4 style I suppose. Action parts could be the Chronicle games style.

Enemies.... Eh that's their call.

Characters PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE CHARACTERS. I was fine with Piers but Jake and Helena shut me off the game UGH.

Well that's all for now

Zomie0f3vil

I don't think they should make RE7 a horror because, they have already made the others more of an action, so if they do that, it will mess it all up.

Top Bottom