• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Only complaint I have is about Mercenaries (prepared to be lynched :p)

Not so much a complaint, as "WTF do i do?"

I've obviously played and loved all the Resi's, but never had a fast enough connection to do any online shizzle, but now with this game i'm all wirelessed up, and have no idea what to do to raise points other than do combos :O

Also, killing off Piers at the end of Chris' campaign ... NOT COOL! Loves me some Piers, he took away my game-character-crush from Leon to him, then went and injected himself with the improved C-Virus ... damn Capcom to Hades :(

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I disliked that Claire was mentioned about 50 times while there was nothing on Jill. I hope Jill and Claire get some on-screen action (badly worded. Too lazy to fix it) in DLC or the next game.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Claire is in Resident Evil: Downfall on the 3DS. It takes place After 5 and before 6. So year 2011-2012.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You can google it.

If your going to state something like that so casually it would be nice for you to post a source instead of telling people to google it lol.

Just some friendly advice.;)

@Flipqy42

No, it hasn't been confirmed.

Only a rumor at this point.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
If your going to state something like that so casually it would be nice for you to post a source instead of telling people to google it lol.

Just some friendly advice.;)

@Flipqy42

No, it hasn't been confirmed.

Only a rumor at this point.

:(

hopefully soon Claire will be the star of another main game.

Darkness

Infected
Here's a complaint, really bad mechanics in the Ada fight vs. the chainsaw zombie. Not where you run away from him when you first meet him, but when he steals your key and you have to fight him. He likes slashing at the other zombies that get in his way, and at first this was a good thing, but now i see how it is very detrimental to me. There is only one ladder you can climb, at it leads to this balcony. I usually run up there and pop a few shots at him while he's getting up, but here's where the problem comes in. I get some good hits on him with a shotgun or uzi, and he kneels down, inviting me to melee him. I sprint over to him and click the right trigger. The only problem is, he is too close to the edge, so instead of kicking him, Ada just casually hope off the edge of the ledge instead, falling into what is now a pooled swarm of zombie torsos, sliced in half by the chainsaw guy. Immediately i am grabbed by one, and i do the QTE perfectly to kick it off. The only problem is Ada is so ****ing slow to get up that i immediately get grabbed by another one and get initiated into another QTE. I always do it perfectly but i still get grabbed like 2 or 3 more times, and by that time the chainsaw guy has jumped down after me and he 1 hit kills me. I've done this about 5 times now and have spent an hour on this one place. And waste all the ****ing rocks? I'm so ****ing mad.

(edit, i just beat him by deciding to not climb up on anything at all, i just circled the place and shot him once or twice in front of the exit, then circled again and did it again untill he died)

Darkness

Infected
Another complaint for you, the colors. In RE5, the ammo colors were all distinct and different so i could tell them apart, red for handgun, blue for machine gun, green for shotgun, white for rifle. For some reason, in RE6 they decided to change the color of rifle ammo to blue, so now whenever i pick up blue ammo i don't know wether it's machine gun or sniper rifle. What's the deal with this? I didn't know this at first, so one time i picked up some sniper ammo, thinking it was machine gun, and i switched to my machine gun and tried to reload, only to find nothing there. From then on i learned that blue doesn't always mean machine gun now.

Also the colors on the item drops are messed. It used to be red for ammo, blue for money, and green for herbs. Now it's red for ammo, but blue for herbs and white for skill points, but some skillpoints are blue too. This tripped me up so many times. In RE5, whenever i was in the middle of a heated battle with drops everywhere, and i was at like 1 health, i would always go straight for the green drops because i knew they were herbs. Now, i don't have that luxury, whenever i go to a blue drop, it might be an herb or it might just be skill points, in which case i'd screw myself over getting over there for nothing.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I'm not usually the Optimist, but RE6 really was pretty nice, in most every way.

If I have any complaints....Hmmm, I absolutely dread how they made the text, like during loading screens, and anywhere else, so tiny.

I thought it was bad in RE5, but RE6 really stepped it up and made it tinier. How freaking annoying. I don't wanna have to whip out my telescope just to read whatever business they're showing up on the screen, RIDICULOUS....STOP MAKE THE TEXT SO DAMN SMALL. That doesn't make your game cooler you stupid idiots.

Otherwise RE6 was brilliant.

Darkness

Infected
Here's another complaint: What happens when your controller runs out of battery. I can put the game on pause and take the pack out, and nothing will happen ever, but the options menu still has things happening in real time. I am playing the campaigns on offline mode, so there is no one else that would be held up if i left for an hour or a day. In spite of this, for some reason the game decides that when my controller disconects, instead of pausing, it goes into the real-time options menu and lets me get killed, i have no idea why a controller disconnect shouldn't default to the pause button when i am on offline mode.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I can only assume the people playing this game with any kind of regularity have nothing else new to play. I havent finished a single campaign because they're all so horribly executed. I bought this game right when it came out, and Ive been playing New Super Mario Bros 2, Kingdom Hearts DDD, The Walking Dead series (a far superior zombie game), and started my second play through of Sleeping Dogs since then, all of which I vastly prefer to this game. Im sure I wont even come close to finishing it, as the farther I get in any given campaign, the more glaring the flaws are. I thought the reviews were way too harsh at first, now I completely understand. I can't wait for Assassin's Creed 3. Please, colonial assassin, save me from this trash.
Pessimism at it's best. RE6 has plenty of awesome qualities. Sometimes people just aren't gonna be happy.

The gameplay is nice, especially if you switch the controls to RE's Controls, and the other stuff is nice too. Very satisfied with Leon, Chris, and Jake's File's.

I'm currently on Ada's, which is, in it's own right, a biatch.

I'm on the hanging bodies part, still...

Darkness

Infected
Pessimism at it's best. RE6 has plenty of awesome qualities. Sometimes people just aren't gonna be happy.

The gameplay is nice, especially if you switch the controls to RE's Controls, and the other stuff is nice too. Very satisfied with Leon, Chris, and Jake's File's.

I'm currently on Ada's, which is, in it's own right, a biatch.

I'm on the hanging bodies part, still...

I remember that part! I was stuck on it for maybe 15 minutes before i got it. It was frustrating but i still loved it because it was one of the few puzzles in the game that reminds me of what RE was all about. I won't spoil anything, but i will say I figured it out within a second of seeing it, there was just 1 step that i thought wasn't possible because the action button to do it didn't pop up until i was in a very precise, exact spot. I was sooooo ****ed when i was finally able to do it.;)

Queen Riful

I loved the game. Except Chris' campaign that had Call of Duty written all over it. (save hostages, breach, plant explosives, the whole military feel to it...) Not gears of war -just because this game has a cover system doesn't mean it's GOW-. And thanks to those connections issues near the end of every freaking chapter I can play the professional campaign again and again until I finally make it until the end :)

that campaign is cursed beyond believe.

Nitro_Cheese

I can only assume the people playing this game with any kind of regularity have nothing else new to play. I havent finished a single campaign because they're all so horribly executed. I bought this game right when it came out, and Ive been playing New Super Mario Bros 2, Kingdom Hearts DDD, The Walking Dead series (a far superior zombie game), and started my second play through of Sleeping Dogs since then, all of which I vastly prefer to this game. Im sure I wont even come close to finishing it, as the farther I get in any given campaign, the more glaring the flaws are. I thought the reviews were way too harsh at first, now I completely understand. I can't wait for Assassin's Creed 3. Please, colonial assassin, save me from this trash.

It's nice to see that not everyone is raving about this game-although I think you might be tad harsh!. I'm a big resi fan, as I'm sure nearly everyone here is, but I have found my fondness for the games is diminishing with every release since Resi 3. I think the problem lies with the fact that with more powerful consoles coming out, capcom, like most developers, have felt the need to utilise the graphical power and try and be bigger and bolder. This has taken away the brilliant elements that made 1-3 so great-the claustrophobic camera angles, the real feeling that you were alone, the fact that ammo really was scarce and the choice between running and standing your ground was always a big one, I could go on. Resi 4 set the tone in terms of gameplay for 5 and 6, and despite the new look for Resi, I enjoyed it. 5 felt a bit more shallow, and if it wasnt for the brillance of Wesker, I feel the story may have suffered. After all I think as characters go, Sheva was weak-I didnt really care what happened to her!

So that brings me to 6. I feel that this is not a bad game-no where near it, but I feel that the transformation is complete. Everything that made the original resi's brilliant is now gone, and it is an entirely new game in its own right. I have completed all 4 campaigns, and wasn't scared or made to jump once. Massively disappointing. Had to change my underwear in 1 when the dogs came through the windows, same thing with the crows in 2, and i swear i had a heart attack in 3 when the nemesis came through the wall after you thought you had escaped! This is an action game now-not survival horror.

The good points are clear to see, and anyone doubting the validity of its purchase should think again. The hours of play involved over the four campaigns is value for money in itself, and mercenaries is a brilliant side addition that will keep you entertained for ages. Agent Hunt is also an interesting idea, but I quickly got bored with it-more work and it could be quality! Leon's campaign has some elements of the original resi and so I liked that, but due to the control matrix and the "actiony" linear style imposed on the game, it never flew too far from the action game it has become. Hand to hand is a great way to fight BOWs when needed and should have been implemented in this way earlier. Jake is also an interesting addition to the cast, and I hope he resurfaces soon.

The negatives, as iProinsias pointed out, are glaringly obvious, but to be honest I started to pick up on them immediatly, rather than well into the campaigns. Chris' campaign is poor in terms of interest. It plays ok, but it is a shooter, and it is missing the main thing a shooter needs-enough ammunition. Its annoying having to take BOWs on with a knife/hand to hand, not tense or worrying, just annoying. The story for Chris is all over the place-it was boring all the way through, before an emotional ending, so there was no curve building up to a big finale. Replaying several areas when campaigns crossed just came across as a cheap recycling trick to rack up play time.The physics are poor in places, I wont list them all here, but one of the main ones that comes to mind is Adas escape up the ladders in the sub. I died a few times sprinting to the ladders, only to die because the option to climb wasnt presented due to the poor camera angle. The camera angles are poor through out. I got sick of having my camera yanked around to see something when doing something else-dizzy! The final criticism I will lay here is probably one of my biggest worries. As the games have gone on, I feel the plot has become increasingly diluted. The 2nd three games have relied heavily on the history of Resi, which is fine, if anything I want them to but 4,5 and 6 have increasingly added little to the ongoing universe/story of Resident Evil. 6's plot at times was disjointed, poorly put across and at times down right confusing. If this trend continues for the next 1, maybe 2 games I may end up not buying, and borrowing off a friend later once he/she has completed it.

I've come to the end of my rant-apologies for waffling on a bit! Ultimately this is a 7/8 out of 10 game for me. It was enjoyable, but it wasnt resi I probably wouldnt be that in to it. I have seen how many people on this forum really like 6 and think its fantastic, and that's great. Im not here to speak ill of you for liking it-its not a bad game, but I cant understand why some people REALLY like it. If you look at it from an unbiased gamers view, rather than a resi fan view, you will quickly see that it is far from being a great game, in fact there are better action games out there-and therein lies the biggest diasppointment of all... I honestly thought it was going to be the best!

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
...yes, praising other games for being better than this one is SOOO pessimistic. You need to look that word up, so you can use it correctly. Just because Im not verbally fellating a mediocore game doesnt make me a pessimist. The game just isnt that good. Most people who are praising it are more than likely trying to justify their purchase. If you genuinely love the game, fine. But there's far more hate for this game than love, and I think there's good reason for that. That reason is it falls well short of the last two RE games. Its a huge step backward in many ways. Remember when "Skate." came out? People complained that the camera angle, designed to simulate the way filmers in the industry film skating, was too close, so in "Skate. 2" EA added the option of playing with a more pulled back camera. Capcom did the exact opposite here. What was the logic? "People clearly hate the camera being too close, so lets do that!"? Some things ARE an improvement (being able to melee without shooting specific areas first for example), but as a whole, the game is a regression of the execution that made the last two games (RE4 in particular) so awesome.

Just as it's your opinion that this game sucks and deserves the hate (which it doesn't), this game in my opinion is far greater than 4 and 5. Also, saying this game gets more hate than love is false, and that people are only justifying their purchases is also false. If i bought the game and thought it was ****, i wouldn't play it, yet my game timer is over 50 hours and it's only been out 3 weeks.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
  • ****ing QTE's (specifically, the button-mashing ones)
  • Only 3 Mercs maps, not counting the pre-order bonuses and "TBA" ones
  • No multiplayer modes other than Mercs and Agent Hunt on Day 1
  • Check points don't save from SP after co-op is played (they did in RE5)
  • Leon's boss battle is aaanoooyyyinggg
  • Mercs is harder than it was in 5 and 4 :(
  • Chris and Piers don't notice that the two Ada's have different outfits
  • I'm still mad we didn't get to see Claire again
But, overall, not a bad game

Top Bottom