• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 Replay - anyone else currently playing?

TJay

Premium
I'm currently replaying Resident Evil 4, properly for the first time in about 7 or 8 years. I played it for the Playstation 2 first time around & I did get the HD version for the 360 but I never got a chance to play through it. This play through I decided to get the GameCube version (mostly as a collection piece).

I am absolutely astounded at how well this game holds up 10 years on from it's release. Obviously, this game introduced a lot of changes into how RE games played & I remember when I first played through how dissopointed I was with a lot of them, in terms of controls & content. But now I'm a bit older & there's been more games in the franchise & the story has expanded, I actually appreciate these changes & how well RE4 handled them, really a lot.

The change from zombies to the ganado as the main enemy. being one of my major disappointments the first time around, is something I'm thoroughly enjoying now. There is something very, very sinister about these guys. I missed that the first time but I get it now & can really see what Capcom were setting out to do.

The controls (at least on the GameCube) seem to be somewhere between the "classic" games & the newer games (that's kind of obvious) - which is kind of novel.

Graphically, I think the game still looks pretty nice. Of course some stuff looks dated but it's aged well & for me this adds to the eerie undertones.

The game it's self & the story etc are all fantastic, some of it I don't remember so it almost feels like a fresh experience. I'm really excited to be playing it. Is anybody else currently running through RE4? And is there anybody else, like me, who hasn't played for so long and are pleased at how good it is?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
And is there anybody else, like me, who hasn't played for so long and are pleased at how good it is?
Nope, I'm always in the process of playing Resident Evil 4, whether it be on GameCube, Wii, or XBOX 360. It's a fantastic game, even ten years removed from its initial release.

TJay

Premium
I'm about half way through the game now. Hoping to finish it Monday, haven't had a lot of time to play the past couple of days.

It's fast becoming one of my fave RE titles. Might even bump RE2 off my top spot.

Glad so many are enjoying it.

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
Resident evil 4 i a masterpiece. It may have changed from the fixed camera angle and replacing zombies with las plagas infected humans. But, it still holds the creepyness and eerieness of the old classics. Who wasn't a little terrified of chief mendez, Dr Salvador ( The chainsaw guy) and the other horrific characters and monstrous beings throughout the game. This game is timeless for me, i had it on GameCube originally when it was first released 10-11 years ago and now have it on ps3 and play it every few months or so.

Top Bottom