• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 REmake Original Style

Hey, who else here thinks its cool for there to be a Resident Evil 4 REmake played like the originals? Starting off with 8 inventory slots, getting upgraded to 10 later on, having all the keys you find and important items take up inventory spaces, having the big item boxes scattered throughout and typewriters with ink ribbons to save your game. Original camera style, not 3rd person. Now don't get me wrong, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorites, I get that it changed the pace for Resident Evil and I embrace it, but how cool would it be to play that game original style. I really like the atmosphere and level designs, exploring that castle and maybe adding a little more puzzle element to it could be a cool addition and fun to play in.
-When it comes down to it, to me, the main difference between 4 and the other Resident Evils is mainly inventory management. I know the combat got more intense and the aiming of the 3rd person helped everybody focus on headshots and more precise aiming, but the other Resident Evil are just as exciting and action packed. Even Resident Evil 1, when you go back into that mansion with the Helemt Key, theres sooo many hunters all over the place, action packed. Resident Evil 3 doesn't have a dull moment with the zombies, plague crawlers, hunters, doggies, and uhh, ya know, NEMESIS. I guess what im trying to say is that all Resident Evils are action packed. The 3rd person camera just emphasizes on more precise aiming. Even when you change your weapon in RE4, the real time pauses and you have that small break of thought, Resident Evil 5, 6, Revelations 1 and 2, (and Outbreak 1 n 2) all have live item management. Like if you have to heal yourself and theres hordes of enemies around you, you best do it quick or outta harms way cuz its live time.
-So theres my rant about appreciating the Resident Evil games, im not saying I don't prefer the 3rd person, Im just saying it would be cool to experience Resident Evil 4 in the old school camera style and feel of the other games, with the 8 or 10 inventory spaces to carry you through the game. But all Resident Evils have their unique features to make them stand their own.

Top Bottom