• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Jill's Diary

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin

How to acquire Jill's Diary

Were you looking for a Jill's Diary guide — a walkthrough with the express goal of tracking down Jill Valentine's elusive personal diary? Well, you got it. At a mere 4 entries long, it make for the lengthiest read of your length, but completionists will no doubt be wanting to add this secret literary gem to their collection. Read on for the precise collection order necessary for attaining Ms. Valentine's diary. Please do note that with each file collected, you must 'read' each file in its entirety from cover to cover and have it included into your inventory by selecting the 'Exit' option at the end. Of course, you don't have to literally read the contents of the file — holding Right on your D-pad will allow you to whiz from beginning to end and the game will still count the file as read.

File locations

Game Instructions #1
You begin the game with this file neatly sitting in your inventory, along with 'Game Instructions #2'. Make sure to read #1 before #2, otherwise you'll have to start over.

Game Instructions #2
Same as before, you'll find this file sitting in your inventory right away.

Clock Tower Postcard
After coming to Brad's aid in the bar, check a nearby counter to find the postcard.

Photo A
In the same area as the door which has been tied shut with rope, and a group of zombies attempting to break through a barricade. When the zombies inevitably break through the barricade and are thwarted, check the pair of corpses behind the barricade to find the photo.

Marvin's Report
If you've played Resident Evil 2, you'll likely be familiar with Marvin, the friendly police officer with more than a passing resemblance to a younger Will Smith. Grab the file from his upright-sitting corpse in the office which is situated opposite the door which leads to the evidence room.

David's Memo
Sitting atop the counter in the station's darkroom. The darkroom can be accessed by heading into the door that's next to the staircase where the Nemesis encounter later takes place.

Fax from Kendo
Whilst in the S.T.A.R.S. office on the second floor, examine the fax machine near the door.

Merc's Diary
After finishing up at the police station, you'll be required to head deeper into the city. On the way, you'll come to a corpse slumped in a corner, shortly after an explosive red barrel. Examine him twice to collect some handgun bullets and his, er, man-diary. [notice]When presented with the choice of heading to either the restaurant or Raccoon Press building, head to the restaurant first.[/notice]

City Guide
In the dining area of the restaurant (easiest to access by entering the restaurant's main entrance), you'll be able to find the City Guide document sitting atop one of the dining tables.

Photo B
Sitting atop a payphone in The Raccoon Press' lobby.

Photo C
Ascend the stairs of The Raccoon Press building to reach the third floor office. On one of the desks you'll find the photo.

Reporter's Notebook
A tough one to spot, this one. Whilst in the very same office that you found Photo C, check the cabinet in the corner of the room to retrieve the Reporter's Notebook.

Mechanic's Memo
Check the malfunctioning, spark-spitting control panel in the tram.

Manager's Report
Available to collect from within the sales office. You'll pick this one up automatically when attempting to use the remote control.

Business Fax
Same room as the Manager's Report, only this time you'll need to search the drawers near Murphy's lifeless corpse.

Dario's Memo
Remember that stubborn dude from the beginning of the game? The guy in the warehouse who locked himself in the trailer and insisted that, "I'm not leaving! Never!"?

Yeah, so he did precisely the opposite and left, meaning that you're now able to check out the contents of the truck, which so happens to include the Dario's Memo document that we'll be needing, amidst a generous helping of gun powder.

Prepare for a little resistance during your return to the warehouse, for the areas en route will now have spawned some fresh zombies to play with.

Note: the trailer will only have been vacated only after having met with Carlos and Nicolai for the first time in the tram.

Operation Instructions
Upon entering the front hall of the clock tower, head on over to the downed mercenary to liberate his mine thrower. In doing so, you'll also pick up the Operation Instructions file.

Picture Postcard
Whilst perusing the extensive collection of books in the clock tower's library, make sure to collect the Picture Postcard before leaving. It'll be near an Ink Ribbon.

Mercenary's Pocketbook
In the clock tower's storeroom, the same room as the clock puzzle, there'll be a deceased couple haunched in a corner; raid their corpses to claim the Mercenary's Pocketbook. Why did they have the Pocketbook? Your guess is as good as ours.

Director's Diary
During your visit to the Raccoon General Hospital, you'll eventually happen upon an office that'll feature a dead person cosily chilling out on a sofa. Next to this gentleman, on the floor, will be the Director's Diary.

Photo D
Still in the hospital, only this time situated on the fourth room, near the Data Room and the Sickroom (room 402) Key.

Medical Instruction Manual
In the hospital's basement lab, resting atop one of the counters.

Photo E
Shortly after the hospital has been obliterated, you'll happen upon a small safe room where you'll find the Main Gate Key to the park in a key cabinet. In the same room you will find the photo on a table.

Written Orders to the Supervisors
Whilst passing through the Raccoon City Park, navigate eastwards from the fountain and you'll come across a deceased Umbrella mercenary lying on the ground, near an explosive red barrel. Search this poor chap's person for the Graveyard Key and the document.

Fax from HQ
In the Monitor Hideout room, where the Graveyard Key can be found, you'll find the faxed document stuck to the chalkboard in the corner.

Supervisor's Report
Still in the Monitor Hideout room, and within spitting distance of the Fax from HQ, the Supervisor's Report can be found on the large table.

Manager's Diary
The Manager's Diary, aka the Factory Manager's Diary, can be found residing near a typewriter save point in the desolate factory. If you opted to push the Nemesis off the bridge before reaching this point, Carlos will be waiting in the room, helping to further distinguish the file's location.

Security Manual
On a desk in the monitor/security room, not far from where you acquire the Water Sample ampoule. Very difficult to miss.

Incinerator Manual
Another document which is worryingly difficult to miss, so keep those eyes peeled for when you enter the room underneath the control tower. The Incinerator Manual will be stuck to a wall near a ladder.

Classified Photo
The last file to be collected, a photo, is a nice, easy one to find. Right before the last boss battle with the Nemesis, you'll find yourself in an ominous-looking junkyard; on the ground in front of the door leading to the Nemesis is where you'll find this final file.

Congratulations!

It wasn't easy, but we got there in the end. Upon collecting the last file, the Classified Photo, Jill's Diary should have now replaced File #1. Well done!

Jill's Diary transcription

August 7th

Two weeks have passed since that day. My wounds have been healed, but I just can't forget it. For most people, it's history now. But for me, whenever I close my eyes, it all comes back clearly. Zombies eating people's flesh and the screams of my teammates dying. No, the wounds in my heart are not healed yet...
August 13th

Chris has been causing a lot of trouble recently. What's with him? He seldom talks to the other police members and is constantly irritated. The other day, he punched Elran of the Boy's Crime department just for accidentally splashing Chris's face with coffee. I immediately stopped Chris, but when he saw me by just gave me a wink and walk away. I wonder what happened to him...
August 15th

Midnight. Chris, who has been on a leave of absence for a "vacation," called me so I visited his apartment. As soon as I walked into his room, he showed me a couple of pieces of paper. They were part of a virus research report entitled as simply as "G". Then Chris told me that "The nightmare still continues." He went on to say that, "It's not over yet." Ever since that day, he has been fighting all by himself without rest, without even telling me.
August 24th

Chris left the town today to go to Europe. Barry told me that he would send his family to Canada and then he would follow Chris. I decided to remain in Raccoon City for a while because I know that the research facility in this city will be very important to this entire case. In a month or so, I'll be joining with then somewhere in Europe. That's when my real battle begins...

Last edited:
Top Bottom