• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 Remake 'progressing'; RE 6 feedback being 'taken on board'

e_etu

Soram ~
Speaking in an exclusive interview, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi explained that while he doesn't "think there's much meaning in simply saying things like 'Yes, I'm confident we can [recapture the feeling of the original]", his team at Capcom is "working hard on the game at the moment and there are some reasons why I think we can recapture the spirit of the first game.

"As you mentioned, the first game's remake is held up as proof that a remaster can recapture the original game - and as it so happens, the RE GameCube remake was my first project at Capcom," he said. "I was able to learn from more experienced colleagues and see with my own eyes how they translated their efforts into such a masterpiece that built on an already well-received game," he continued. "It was an incredibly valuable experience for me.

"Also, Resident Evil 2 was the first Resident Evil I played. Everyone's experience is different but I remember how it felt to play it for the first time, and the task of bringing that to the fans all over again is a cause of daily headaches for me (laughs). Work is progressing on the game and all I can do is ask the fans to wait patiently and excited."

"Every title brings with it learning experiences," he added, "and of course I saw a lot of the feedback on Resident Evil 6 and have taken on board everything I've heard from the fans about the game and I want to show you what it taught me with through the next experience I'll be bringing to you."

The pressure isn't just on from fans, however: Resident Evil 2 programmer Hiroyuki Kobayashi also tells VideoGamer.com that he hopes Hirabayashi is able to "understand" the intentions behind the original game.

"I'd like him to really understand the intention of the original title and do his best to bring it over to the remake project!" Kobayashi said.

c : Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204248

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I hope to Claire they get it right...its not that hard to mimic what's already been done. I would just enjoy a graphical makeover and the exact same game with maybe a different arrange game.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Then it's not exactly a remake, just a reskin.

I wouldn't mind if some of the same areas remain, but I would absolutely love a new spin on things.

Yea id love a decent twist we haven't seen before. Basically there's a lot of ways to make it good and a lot of ways they could make it bad...I'm hoping they just don't **** it up. I liked the remake HD they released for ps4 (I didn't play the original remake)

Just.....please don't do any qte's...I will murder someone if I have to press L1 and R2 then x square triangle, R2,R3 Y (on xbox), and z (on 64) at the precise moment to get past something

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I wonder if its going to be like the first RE remake where over 70% of the game was new content or if they add anything from 1.5...
I would be ok with any percentage of change if they did it right. Of course you cant go completely off target but if they kept the aesthetic of the original remake I think it will be extremely successful. Regardless i'm going to get it because its one of my favorite games of all times...just like i'm going to get ff8 remake when they finally get around to doing it

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The game absolutely NEEDS to have new stuff in it, new spin on things to stay relevant and fresh, as much as I love RE2 I would hate for this game to be exactly the same game with only new graphics since if the RE1 remake has taught us anything its a great thing to bring new features and storylines to a already established classic and you can still pull off something great while keeping the old spirit alive.

Me personally I wouldn't mind it having a option for over the shoulder gameplay like RE4.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
It's nice and all but just having a reskinned RE2 would not sell me. If they want to try something new. I could say Over the Shoulder Co-op but that might "Ruin" the game for others so I won't suggest it. It's a personal preference.

They could add a mixture of things. MGS3 had it where you could the original games. Maybe RE2 could have the original RE 1.5. I don't know. It needs something. Can't tell you what but something.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I've mentioned this in another thread already, but it worth repeating here. I think Capcom should try and do something similar to what 343 Industries did with Halo Anniversary, but instead of being able to switch between the new and old visual style at the touch of a button, you can switch between the newer and older control scheme's. That way, both camps are happy. The only issue with this idea though is whether it's actually technologically possible.
Other than that, I wouldn't mind having the map expanded, maybe include a few more areas of the city on the way to the RPD building, to show more of the destruction of the city.
And speaking of the RPD, I always wanted to explore more of the building. If Capcom expand the RPD building, like they did with the Spencer mansion, they would have a good opportunity to add in some sort of new, previously unseen enemies, like maybe zombie cops in bulletproof riot gear, or maybe use it for a new side-story involving any survivors of the massacre.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
How about some new, unseen rooms? Toilets for example. The current build of the RPD doesn't have toilets. No wonder the chief became a villain - that happens after countless hours of overtime trying to cover up the connections between the police and Umbrella without ever being able to pee! Capcom is a Japanese company, and the Japanese are afraid of toilets anyway, so it would add to the scare factor as well. For them at least.

Reactions: JHJ

JHJ

I never noticed that until you pointed it out! How did I miss it?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's not just the RPD, by the way. The entire city doesn't seem to have toilets, or did you encounter any while helping Jill escape? Ironically, almost every game has a level that is set in the sewers. Makes you wonder what those are for...

The only toilets I've ever seen in the classics were in RE1. There's one for every room in the guard house, whereas there are none in the laboratory, and the mansion only has one. Not quite enough for such a big mansion, is it? Then again, there is only one bedroom as well... and it doesn't even have a window... Strange architecture!

JHJ

I didn't notice any in RE3, no. Wow. Welcome to Racoon City, good luck trying to take a dump! :D

Reactions: Hel

meg5493

Literally stick with the remake format give me pre rendered backgrounds, fixed camera angles, and tank controls. I don't know what they would add unless they take from 1.5 which would be interesting since there were more side characters in the beta, though I will be upset if they use stuff from any of the chronicle games, while their fun in there own way they just don't mesh with 2 well for me.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It's not just the RPD, by the way. The entire city doesn't seem to have toilets, or did you encounter any while helping Jill escape? Ironically, almost every game has a level that is set in the sewers. Makes you wonder what those are for...

The only toilets I've ever seen in the classics were in RE1. There's one for every room in the guard house, whereas there are none in the laboratory, and the mansion only has one. Not quite enough for such a big mansion, is it? Then again, there is only one bedroom as well... and it doesn't even have a window... Strange architecture!

Well Code Veronica also has bathroom/toilets, but I think your right about RE3 because I did not see any bathrooms in it either, but how funny would it be if the new storyline aspect added to it begin within a new bathroom created for this RE2 game? Like your introduced to the new enemy kinda like you where introduced to Lisa Treovor within the RE1 remake only this time it happens in the bathroom lol.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
In the original Resident Evil and REmake, the ENTIRE MANSION only has one bathroom! Goddamn, imagine having to take a sh!t in the guardhouse and the one bathroom is all the way in the east wing of the mansion. I wouldn't want to be the mofo waddling all the way there while pulling the underwear out of his asscrack.

Thread = derailed by bathroom discussion

Reactions: JHJ

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I say they just put 2 and 3 together as one story... gives us the hunk,tofu,and mercenaries unlocks also and youd have an amazing game !!! Give us some jaw dropping graphics and tons of new to add to the old and youve got a goy !

Darth Spencer

Throw in the full Zombie -> Crimson Head -> Licker sequence or perhaps even introduce Crimson Lickers. Throw in hints of Wesker's survival (maybe Birkin and Wong being guided by a mysterious figure?)

Top Bottom