• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) REmake 2: a true fan service: will feature first, third AND classic cam?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I was surfing around on the Capcom-Unity boards, and I found an interesting tidbit, to say the least. It was from the user Danfromumbrella. Now, KEEP IN MIND: this is from "inside sources" and it was translated from Japanese, so I honestly can't tell you the validity of these claims. However...

This was from earlier in this thread rumored to be from someone who works in Capcom and it was translated from Japanese. Knowing RE7 turned out to be first person after this was seen....it could be feasible and very exciting for VR owners.

"Now, since his reply got jittered by the translation, I will retype them in a shorter better way.

Will RE2 be classic horror and fixed angles?
1. Resident Evil 2 will be true classic 90s horror, but you will have the choice of three camera angles to choose from. Classic RE fixed angles, first person and third person. Capcom is making this a true loveletter to fans.

Will RE7 feature neo umbrella and classic characters?
2. Characters from classic RE will return in Resident Evil 7 but they will be similar to Lara Croft in how they are rebooted. Same character you love, but entirely new storyline for them and may look different.

Will RE2 remake feature the original cast of RE2?
3. Alyson court is intended to be contacted by Capcom. Matthew Mercer will not return as he wants nothing to do with the series anymore."

Damn, they're really wanting to win us back: a choice of all 3 camera angles to choose from? AWESOME NEWS! :D

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Yup there's a rumor that Remake 2 might end up having 3 different camera angles. It would be cool if they could do that. This rumor has been out for a while, I think it was translated from this

http://residentevil.org/threads/capcom-stay-tuned-for-resident-evil-7.8808/page-7#post-181723
134130945968249awfsqntp3.jpg

The returning characters in RE 7 were also included in the reddit leak and later confirmed by Famitsu.

Last edited:

Mr.R

Hmm...I don't know what to think. Normally a game made to be an fps or a tps gives aiming an priority, like hitting the enemy's head or a boss weak point. But classic RE's fixed camera angles can only be done with auto-aim or poor manual aim. It'll be a mess to made both work. If it's made for fps or tps, the fixed camera game will be artifically hard. If it's the other way around, the tps and fps will be too easy, because you could just shoot anywhere.

For the Matthew Mercer part, I find this very odd. He seems to like Leon and Resident Evil as a fan but...who knows, right?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know. When they try to do too much the game suffers. REmake is perfect as is, why make REmake2 have all these additions that aren't going to do anything but add more things that could go wrong.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
@berto Nothing can go wrong, it's better like this...People will get to chance to play RE2 their own way, that way I won't be forced to play 1st person remake2 for an instance. I can play it in third or classic, Hope this is true though

Top Bottom