• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Re7 or Re2 remake

Denzil22

Premium
I was thinking next year in 2016 is the 20 year anniversary for resi so do you think they will make re7 or redo 2 as they seem to get a lot of people who really want that the other reason I think they might redo 2 is because it's an anniversary year and they might wanna mark it with something from the past having said that I woul still like to see something new is well what do you guys think?

Fenris

Wolf :)
How about both? :) I mean seriously 20 is a really HUGE number. They need to do something special that year, otherwise it would feel like the franchise doesn't care about it's success. At the 15th anniversary they accounced 4 games! (RE6, MC36, Revelations and REORC).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hmm.. on one hand we have a half-assed sequel which isn't guaranteed to sell as much as RE5 let alone RE4 and on the other hand we have a remake of one of the best games of all time.

I think the choice is obvious! instead of screwing around with new ideas which most likely suck why not remake one of the best survival horror games of all time?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well seeing as how I dread the announcement of RE7, I'm going to say they should continue on the remake train. I mean let's be honest, they're not making good Resident Evil games anymore and the only way they're going to get the numbers they want from another title is if they remake one of the older ones.

Denzil22

Premium
Iam thinking though maybe they will do both I never really understand don't do the remake it's shold be obvious it would sell well to them if they did it right.

e_etu

Soram ~
both.png

Mark Mane McIntyre

As a person who came late into the series starting with RE4 and up. I was 9 back in 2005 when RE4 came and thats when I started to get into horror movie and videogames. When I played RE5 I said where's the horror? But it was still a good action. The only horror I saw in 6 was Leon's campaign 1-3 and Jake's Chapter 2 when they are in the cave. But it was all cheap horror.
Now I have looked all the information on all past characters before, seen game breakthrough's on RE0,1,Remake,2,CV,outbreak. So I know allot of stuff of the past games.
Now I just got beating Remake and it was awesome.Its my second RE game of all time(RE4 number 1). I still need to play 0,2,3
I would prefer Resident Evil 2 remake. Capcom could add the option to pick over the shoulder(which I would pick) or tank controls for old school fans and new school fans so both generations don't complain.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I don't even know what RE7 is like yet, so until we know more, I'm not answering.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
They're like genetically engineered dinosaurs I think...like Jurassic Park but not the real deal like DC and DC2.

Denzil22

Premium
They say capcom is not doing to well financially well it wasn't last year and looking at revelations 2 they reused a lot of stuff for raid mode. It makes me think maybe remaking re2 will be better for them than making re7. I know they would have to remake 2 from scratch but they allready know what everything looks like charicters the R.P.D building so they could skip some of the production designe or you would think maybe it's no that easy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Why is RE2 even an option? I know everyone wants it, I want it! But it's because the original got remade that we got an HD at all. REHD is still a Shinji Mikami game and RE2 was his production along with Hideki Kamiya in the director's chair. In order for you to get an upscale of the original experience you want to get the original makers otherwise you are going to get what you keep getting with these new games, an interpretation of said games. It's more than just upscaling the graphics, it's casting the actors, rewriting the script, create the scenes and any additions and alterations, all that went to the remake, and you want to trust the new Capcom to do it? You are not going to get the the same results from them, they are an entirely different group of people from the makers, an entirely different group of key people so even if they do a decent job they won't capture the same feel as the people who made it.

That and there is no stopping the making RE7, it's coming and with the success of HD Remake and Rev2 it's probably coming much faster. They will most definitely remake other RE games that are graphically higher and more compatible, like Zero, before they remake another PS1 game because it's much easier than it would to rebuild a game from the ground up.

Last edited:

Denzil22

Premium
I agree they will re do zero would be very easy for them and cost affective. You might be right about redoing re2 I still think it would be possible to make really great game that is close to the original but you are right after all this time they won't get it 100%. But they could get close I still think a lot of others will be happy again if it's done right wich is still in debate given there resent track record

Top Bottom