• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 PS4/XB1 Mercenaries Costumes

BioHunk

So, I recently decided to take the plunge into the new RE6 release, specifically on PS4... I didn't much care for the game when it first came out, but always enjoyed Mercenaries and a $20.00 price tag isn't a bad deal at all for what you get.

Anyway, I've been playing through Mercs again, trying out the No Mercy mode for the first time and such, and have been having a pretty good time with it. I've unlocked the EX1 costumes for some of the characters, but I'm trying to figure out where the rest are. I was under the impression that this release included ALL the DLC from the original game, which would include the EX2 and EX3 costumes as well, previously only available through RE.net. I can't seem to find this info anywhere else on the net, as most sites still just have the announcement trailers when searching for anything about the game.

Does anyone here know if those other costumes are actually in this release? If so, how do you unlock them?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ex2 costumes in onslaught too.

So mercs and no mercy for ex1 costumes
Survivors and onslaught for Ex2
Predator and siege for ex3

Sackboy123

Lovely Claire Redfield
I'm trying to unlock Piers EX3, but for some reason I can't, I've played loads of predator and siege too

BioHunk

Thanks everyone. I haven't been able to play many of the other modes as I don't have any friends who currently have the game. But I'll have to hop on and get to work. Sorry for making such a short discussion thread, but I figured what the hell, maybe it'll help others with the same question.

GregaMan

Say guys, has anybody actually figured out what criteria you have to meet in the respective modes to unlock the EX2 and EX3 costumes? I've been gunning for those retro outfits by playing a lot of Siege and Predator, but no luck so far. I've had wins and losses, but neither mode seems to give a specific letter grade á la Mercenaries.

Sackboy123

Lovely Claire Redfield
I unlocked them by playing as the last Retro I unlocked respectfully and then being another character once, for example I got Piers Retro by playing loads of predator as Chris Retro and one as Helena Default

GregaMan

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. You're saying playing as one Retro costumed character will unlock subsequent Retro costumes? How did you obtain the first one?

GregaMan

Hey guys,

Not sure why I didn't think to do this earlier, but I ran a Japanese search and found a pretty thoroughly detailed investigation from one user. I haven't tested this user's info myself and a lot of it seems like educated guesswork, but it's better than nothin'. Allow me to translate.

[EX1 Costumes]

As with the PS3 version, EX1 costumes are unlocked by getting an A rank or better in Mercenaries with the character in question.

[EX2 Costumes]

Leon - Survivors | Something to do with getting a Winning Streak (five or more victories in a row)
Helena - Onslaught | Play 20 matches to obtain the costume
Chris - Survivors | Something to do with getting a Winning Streak
Piers - Onslaught | Obtain the "Defeated your Opponent by running out of time" medal(?) OR Send opponent 1000 enemies?
Jake - Onslaught | Obtain 10 "Won by defeating opponent" medals (Note: Not sure what the actual English wording for this medal is, but it refers to when you win the match by way of the opponent DYING, as opposed to a time-out win.)
Sherry - Onslaught | Obtain the "Defeated your Opponent by running out of time" medal(?) OR Send opponent 1000 enemies?
Ada - Survivors | Something to do with getting a Winning Streak OR Survivors Death Match | Get 1st place five times

[EX3 Costumes]

Leon - Predator | Defeat the Ustanak 5 times
Helena - Predator | Defeat the Ustanak 10 times
Chris - ??? [UPDATE: I just unlocked Chris. I think it's because I reached 20 Agents Defeated in Predator.]
Piers - [UPDATE: Latest word from the Japanese user says 50 Agent kills in Predator will unlock the Piers EX3]
Jake - Predator | Play 10 games OR Siege | Something to do with being an "Ace Bodyguard" (i.e., protecting the BSAA agent without letting him take ANY damage)
Sherry - Predator | Play 20 games? OR Play each stage at least once?
Ada - Predator | Get 1st place 5 times

※I was just playing to get the Trophies and I obtained the costumes while my opponents did not. I'm using the wording "Something to do with" because I'm not 100% sure what's triggering it.
※There's still a lot of unknown variables, but the costumes seem to be connected to Medals and/or Trophies. I'll keep trying to unlock costumes one by one.
I've heard from some PSN Friends that they were able to obtain costumes by meeting different criteria, so I'm definitely interested in knowing how people are obtaining theirs. It seems as though the criteria for obtaining these costumes is quite convoluted.
※Particularly interested in hearing how people are obtaining Piers and Sherry's EX2 costumes. I got them both together, so I wasn't able to confirm what I did. Please let me know if you have some idea.

[Addendum]
Mercenaries Character Unlock Criteria
Helena - Clear [Ta Chi Main Street] (note: I think this is Urban Chaos, maybe?) with a B Rank or better.
Piers - Clear the Edonian Bridge (note: Steel Beast) with a B Rank or better.
Sherry - Clear "Mining the Depths" with a B Rank or better.
Ada - Clear Ada's story campaign (note: I personally unlocked her through different means, but unfortunately I can't remember what I did! I think I was playing Predator, Siege, or Onslaught)
Carla - Obtain all other characters' EX1 costumes

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I unlocked Ada after the first game I got first in in team Survivors (as in like 1 out of 6, not just on the winning team) which didn't really feel like a coincidence because I'd been playing a while beforehand. It was at rooftop mission too though in case that has something to do with it.

Top Bottom