• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 always starts from the beginning?!??!

cat3appr

Hello,
I've been playing around 20 times already, reaching the part of the airplane falling, I die in that scene, i choose not to continue, then i start again and the game starts from the very beginning scene, and I don't understand why!
I have my saved data in C:\ProgramData\Steam\RLD!\221040\storage , and it looks fine, savedata.bin , 39KB

also, there is no main menu in the game, where I can choose the character, the mercenaries, the scenes etc...

also, everytime I start I get the message " cannot connect to xbox live at this time " ... not sure what is it, as i'm on a PC....

i goggled around but i didn't find anything.... please help!
thank you!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sounds like you're stuck in the prologue. Maybe next time you should choose to continue after dying, play through the whole sequence and see what happens then? ;)

cat3appr

So, is the airplane scene the minimum level to pass in order to save the game? I mean, is this happening to everybody?
Also, what about the main main menu? The one where u can chose the levels and characters, I can't get to it ..

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
No, apparently you have to play through the prologue before getting to the main menu. I couldn't get to it either before I had finished the prologue. But it wasn't really an issue for me since I finished it the first time I played it, so I can't tell you whether or not it's normal that you have to start from the beginning if you don't continue.
Anyway, once you've completed the prologue (and by the time you reach the falling plane, you're almost there), you will see the main menu when you start the game again. The prologue is selectable from the menu, so you can play it again if you want, but you only have to play it once.

DarkJackal

There are save checkpoints and continue checkpoints. You can get to the plane part and die, but continue there again right away. But the save checkpoint is at the beginning, so if you stop and load the game again you have to continue from there. Its like the the whole game.

Like I just beat a boss the other night and saved and quit just afterwards. When I loaded the save again though it was right at him, even though we had checkpoint afterwards.

Top Bottom