• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 PS4&XB1 Coming June 28th: Screens, The Mercenaries United & Box art

IntoxNitram

Anyone going to double dip?

I find this strange that they are releasing only 7 days after Umbrella Corps - suggests that they don't really have any decent expectations for the game. I will be getting both regardless. Still sad the EU/UK areas don't get the physical version so I will have to go digital.

Screens from the new version:
3070881-10.jpg

3070887-screen+shot+2016-05-31+at+11.57.04.png

Like Resident Evil 6, not a huge upgrade in visuals. I am hoping for more with Resident Evil 4 since it will need more work.

Here's what looks to be the new box art - as shown on the Xbox Store:

The game will also launch with something called “The Mercenaries United” which "combines the two fan-favorite modes, The Mercenaries and The Mercenaries Reunion for an even more intense experience."

Last edited:

black 93

Im really looking forward to this. Il probably import again like i did with 6, digital just dosen't cut it for me. RE5 is one of my favourites, so really can't wait to get every trophy all over again, and im not so fussed about the visuals as i am the framerate. 5 was an amazing looking game to begin with, so the visuals will still hold up even if it's only a minor tweak. RE6 was great and silky smooth at 60 frames, so that's all i want really. People are still complaining about 4 coming last, but it's simple really. 5 & 6 are already HD games, 4 isn't. I really hope Capcom put a lot of effort into 4, the ps3 and 360 versions were a tad disappointing visually. Anyway's can't wait, iv put a lot of time into RE6 on ps4 and played the bonus modes for the first time ( Predator, siege etc) so il definitley be doing the same with this.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I was wondering what they meant by "Mercenaries United". So are they gonna have all of the characters from both on one selection screen? In which case, what about the different placement of the time bonuses on the original and reunion versions of the maps? Not like it matters or anything, just curious. Also I heard that like the PS4/Xbox 1 versions of RE6, RE5 will have no mercy mercenaries as well.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I wasn't going to buy this, then I heard about Mercenaries United and was sold. Couple that with No Mercy, and I'm pretty happy to plonk down another $20 on it.

IntoxNitram

Im really looking forward to this. Il probably import again like i did with 6, digital just dosen't cut it for me.
Where do you live/how do you import? Wanted to do it with Resident Evil 6 just to have the disk but didn't know how to go about it. Disk version launches slightly later on July 12th I believe just FYI.

Edit- Site is live: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bioDL/5/uk/

Seems to cost the same as 6 in terms of €19.99 but the £ price has increased from £15.99 to £19.99 :sad:

Regarding Mercenaries United @The Fabled Four :
The Mercenaries United combines The Mercenaries from the original game, the DLC expansion The Mercenaries Reunion, and The Mercenaries Unlimited from the PC version into one fully-realized game mode. All 18 characters and the stages are immediately selectable, with no mode limitations.

Last edited:

black 93

Where do you live/how do you import? Wanted to do it with Resident Evil 6 just to have the disk but didn't know how to go about it. Disk version launches slightly later on July 12th I believe just FYI.

Edit- Site is live: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bioDL/5/uk/

Seems to cost the same as 6 in terms of €19.99 but the £ price has increased from £15.99 to £19.99 :sad:

England. I usually use play asia, but with RE6 on ps4 i managed to find someone on ebay in my country that had a load of american versions for 20 bucks. their still up on ebay now dude for about £18-£20

IntoxNitram

England. I usually use play asia, but with RE6 on ps4 i managed to find someone on ebay in my country that had a load of american versions for 20 bucks. their still up on ebay now dude for about £18-£20
There's no import charges are there? I've seen a copy on the UK version of Amazon so might use that.

black 93

There's no import charges are there? I've seen a copy on the UK version of Amazon so might use that.
The only time iv ever had import charges was on play asia and it was because i ordered sonething with priority shipping. Amazon and ebay don't usually but if they do it say's so on the item description. Ebay usually has sellers in this country selling it so no import charges at all there.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'll need to check out how the verse mode is. If it's different I'll need to pick it up because I LOVED the PvP mercs. I'm not really interested in playing the game again for the 6th or so time. As for those who are complaining that there isn't much of a visual upgrade. It's a port and unlike RE6 and RE4. RE5 still holds up graphically today. Even better than a huge portion of the PS4/XBO games. I personally think RE5 is within the top 3 best looking and smoothest playing games last generation and a true technical masterpiece.

I feel sad for my European friends who appears to not be getting a physical release like we do in the US and Canada. *hugs you all*

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
physical copy is out in july and physical for 4 is out in october. res 7 , outbreak remaster, and resident evil 2 will be shown at E3

black 93

I'll need to check out how the verse mode is. If it's different I'll need to pick it up because I LOVED the PvP mercs. I'm not really interested in playing the game again for the 6th or so time. As for those who are complaining that there isn't much of a visual upgrade. It's a port and unlike RE6 and RE4. RE5 still holds up graphically today. Even better than a huge portion of the PS4/XBO games. I personally think RE5 is within the top 3 best looking and smoothest playing games last generation and a true technical masterpiece.

I feel sad for my European friends who appears to not be getting a physical release like we do in the US and Canada. *hugs you all*
RE5 is an incredible looking game. Even today playing it on the xbox 360, the sun and lighting of the shanty town areas are amazing. RE6 was good too, but it did seem a little bit of a step down from 5 graphically. The character models of 6 were great, but the enviroments didn't seem as striking and detailed as 5. And don't worry my friend, il get a physical copy ;) lol

Airaku

Stray Jedi
RE5 is an incredible looking game. Even today playing it on the xbox 360, the sun and lighting of the shanty town areas are amazing. RE6 was good too, but it did seem a little bit of a step down from 5 graphically. The character models of 6 were great, but the enviroments didn't seem as striking and detailed as 5. And don't worry my friend, il get a physical copy ;) lol

The problem with RE6's character models is that they are actually weaker than you might think. They look fantastic, but they used a glossy technique to achieve that effect. Which essentially removes the textures from the models allowing for a short cut. Well reducing the textures to a **** small size. Probably to the 128x128 mark, but I don't know for sure. It could be a bit higher but that seems about right. With that being said, the polygon count is incredibly high, but still seems to lag behind RE5 which has fantastic textures and poly count. Team Ninja's games also do this. Dead or Alive has amazing visuals with it's high polycount but the textures are not there. One of the reasons RE6 did this is because it was a long game. Each portion of the story might seem shorter than your average RE game, but all 4 combined makes it by far the longest and more intensive RE game to date. People often forget to factor the limited data on the disks to achieve this. What can be used for digital downloads are also regulated due to hard drive space. With multiplatform releases, they can only go with the lowest common denominator. It's a far more complicated process than most people think. The best way to reduce the amount of data is to reduce the texture quality and size, which believe it or not is the biggest data hogger in a game. Most people don't consider this and I never realised this until I spent hours reducing the texture quality size to reduce the data, which is heartbreaking to do. And yes, when I say texture size, I mean the texture size. You can have it to 8k and still be a 720p game. The difference can go from around 300 megabytes all the way down to 50 megabytes. Also when I say 4kx4k I'm not talking resolution, just texture size. Uncharted 2 and 3 on the PS3 were probably closer to 8kx8k and that is why the games are at the sweet 8-10 hour mark for an average first play though. I don't want to know that texture resolution in Uncharted 4 is. Actually, you know what. I do. I'd have to say that Naughty Dog is amongst the best in the industry in terms of textures and polycount.

PS. my theoritical texture sizes for those games could be wrong. 8k is pretty high and 128 is acceptable. Hell those blurry textures you see on the ground and walls. That's a merely low 24x24 texture size xD

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Oh thanks that makes sense.

For some reason I'm actually really looking forward to this release as if I couldn't just play it on my PS3 if I wanted. Day one buy for sure, though I'll probably go digital. I went digital for 6, but after they release 4, if they release a physical bundle then I might snag that as well.

Top Bottom