• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) RE2 Remake confirmed!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
So am I the only one here who would be cool with them keeping the over the shoulder gameplay of RE4?

Maybe even movement while you shoot?

I'm seeing fans pretty adamant about keeping the tank controls/fixed cameras and while that is great I would at least like a option for the over the shoulder gameplay.

Since playing RE4 so many years back i have always wanted to play a RE2 or any of the classic games with a over the shoulder perspective, would be neat to be able to play it that way with a more modern spin on a classic.

I don't have a problem with them putting a spin on a classic so long as enough of the game remains completely faithful, I suppose that is the reason I was just fine with the news that FFVII remake will be changing its gameplay from the original turn based system to a "more realistic system".

Ideally I would love to have a option for it though, maybe as a neat trick like RE5 LIN did with the fixed camera angles being unlocked by inspecting the door or they could have a unlockable mode for over the shoulder gameplay.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
This is fantastic. And I agree about the option to switch to over-the-shoulder gameplay.

And while there will be many people who will b*tch and moan about this, but I don't care if Alyson Court or the voice actress from REvelations 2 does Claire. I'm fine with either.

johnny_mercury

So am I the only one here who would be cool with them keeping the over the shoulder gameplay of RE4?

Maybe even movement while you shoot?

I'm seeing fans pretty adamant about keeping the tank controls/fixed cameras and while that is great I would at least like a option for the over the shoulder gameplay.

Since playing RE4 so many years back i have always wanted to play a RE2 or any of the classic games with a over the shoulder perspective, would be neat to be able to play it that way with a more modern spin on a classic.

I don't have a problem with them putting a spin on a classic so long as enough of the game remains completely faithful, I suppose that is the reason I was just fine with the news that FFVII remake will be changing its gameplay from the original turn based system to a "more realistic system".

Ideally I would love to have a option for it though, maybe as a neat trick like RE5 LIN did with the fixed camera angles being unlocked by inspecting the door or they could have a unlockable mode for over the shoulder gameplay.

I like your ideas and agree, I think some modern enhancements would be ideal. Nothing extreme but to make the gameplay mechanics smoother. I think that's always been a negative with RE games.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I think Capcom should do something similar to what 343 Industries did with Halo Anniversary, and have a kind of switch system, so those of us who want the old control scheme and camera angles are taken care of, and those of us who want to try a new angle on an classic get what they want too.
That way, everybody wins.

Top Bottom