• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE: Resolutions

shadowman912

With the introductions of younger characters (Grown Sherry, Moira, Jake, Piers(sad face), etc) and the increasing age of our veteran characters, I feel within the next two games we will see a major shift in main protagonists to the younger set. But there are many plots and sub plots still dangling out there, so I was wondering what are some issues everyone would like to see resolved before they get pushed to the background, and how would you prefer those issues to turn out? Feel free to go into good detail. This is my first attempt at the forums, so I intend too. But please no bashing of others plot hopes. I enjoy all the imaginings of where the story can go. My top 3 would be..

Leon's closure- Chris was fighting for revenge against an individual, so his storyline was easy to close. Leon is more of a white knight type character to me. In RE2, he told ada he fought because as a cop it was his job to keep innocents safe. In 4, he told Krauser he fought for his past. In Damnation, he told Buddy it was for all his comrades that fell beside him. So in essense, I gather he fights in the memory of all those he failed to save. But he can't save everyone, and Helena touched on that in 6. He needs to reach a point that he can sit back and see the good he's done and the lives he touched. (Sub plot)- His cat and mouse game with Ada needs to end. Ada is a main character all on her own, but still a by-product of leons saga. They are literally "a part of each other they can't let go". He goes, she's soon to follow. Before that, I'd like to learn more about her true self. And I think the 3 most fitting ways their story can end would be to finally reach an impass and have to fight to the death, die together after finally confessing their feelings, or fake their deaths so they can ATTEMPT a normal life together.

Flesh out Claire, Jill, and Rebecca- Although all have respectively had at least one game with them as a main protagonist, I feel like the titans that are Leon and Chris have greatly overshadowed them. Claire found Chris a decade ago, sense then I feel like her character development went a tad flat. Not to mention romance wise she's a female Leon. Steve died, Neil was a BOW. Etc etc. Maybe if LeonxAda is truely doomed, they can find some companionship in each other. Jill's entire purpose in life to me almost seems to be to support Chris. She survived Racoon almost single handedly to fade into the dust as merely Chris's partner? Nah. Again, there's a suggestion of romance there to tie up, and I'd like a view of her as a person, not just a soldier. Rebecca...really I'd just like to know what she's been up to. Something is better then nothing.

The end to the T-Virus- Zombies and the like are a staple of RE, and should remain. But, the take down of Umbrella was our origional hero's story. Jake's blood holds the cure to all T virus spin offs. Kill it. Kill all the Weskers. All the Tyrants. If we're on our way to a new line up of heros, I'd like a 're-imagined enemy to match them.

How about you guys?

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Really, the characters aren't that old yet. Everybody makes them sound ancient. Barry came back recently, and Claire isn't even the same age as Barry was in the first game yet. Sorry for the short rant. xD
Anyway. I don't really care what Capcom does with the storyline. I'll love it anyway. It could be Resident Evil: Retirement Home (I think I said something like this in another thread a few months ago), with the storyline being that Chris is in a wheelchair and has to with Bingo against Leon, and I would still love it if it was canon. :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Great first post, shadowman! I like your ideas.

Before that, I'd like to learn more about her true self. And I think the 3 most fitting ways their story can end would be to finally reach an impass and have to fight to the death, die together after finally confessing their feelings, or fake their deaths so they can ATTEMPT a normal life together.

I don't want Ada's story to end. I think it would be cool if she just stayed the secret agent she is for a looong time, and then 70-year old Ada still swings across roofs, kicks butts with her cane and uses her hearing aid device as some kind of spy gagdet. But if they do end her story, I would like them to listen to you. Her and Leon dying together or faking their deaths to live happily ever after sounds epic. Needless to say, I desperately want that LeonXAda soap opera to end already. It has been going on for too long, and I'm surprised they haven't lost interest in each other yet. That's what usually happens to me after a while, you either win my heart early on or end up in the friend zone.

Jill's entire purpose in life to me almost seems to be to support Chris. She survived Racoon almost single handedly to fade into the dust as merely Chris's partner? Nah.

Finally someone else who sees this! Jill needs to step out of Chris's shadow, which is why I don't want to see them as partners ever again. And it's not just Jill, it's Chris too, he becomes a lot more boring and dull when she's around. They seem to have that effect on each other. So please Capcom, let Jill be the star of RE7, give her a solid personality, she already has a story now, elaborate on that and don't sweep those three years she spent as Wesker's slave under the rug. I want to see her deal with that before the series (or at least the season of her generation) ends.

Then there's the story of Natalex. It's an interesting premise, an innocent little girl with the evil mind of an old woman trying to take over the world (or whatever). That's actually the plotline I'm most looking forward to at the moment. For that to be resolved, I want all the surviving characters of Revelations 2 to return, it wouldn't make sense for Natalex to suddenly terrorise Leon without even a mention of Claire, Barry or Moira. Throw Jake and Chris into the mix as well, Jake because he's the son of a Wesker, Chris because he was the lover the arch-enemy of one, and I want to see those two sort out their issues anyway.

Also, it would be great if Piers came back. Kill off someone stupid instead, like Quint or Keith. Or both.

shadowman912

Really, the characters aren't that old yet. Everybody makes them sound ancient. Barry came back recently, and Claire isn't even the same age as Barry was in the first game yet. Sorry for the short rant. xD
No apologies needed! I agree they aren't too old yet, and in my opinion many of the origional cast still have lots of fight and plot left in them. Most of that I THINk (not meaning to offend anyone here), comes from SOME of the newer followers of the series. They don't understand how inherently durable the cast is.

shadowman912

Thanks Hel! I'm glad to see someone who shares a general vision of the series with me. I'm a huge fan of the LeonxAda pairing, I'm ready for Leon to get his girl. But I agree, the plot of it has outstretched it's means after 6. On some character connection chart somewhere, they're status is apparently "doomed love/fateful pairing". Their stories are intwined, but capcom could easily write a scenario out to make them match up. And I agree exactly with Jill. Her and Chris should interact in cutscenes, but not as partners. She's outgrown that role. And showing her dealing with that trama would be a great way to give her more depth. And with RE7 a no show at E3, Rev 3 also has my attention ftm. They can do so much with that plot.
Great first post, shadowman! I like your ideas.
Also, it would be great if Piers came back. Kill off someone stupid instead, like Quint or Keith. Or both.
And don't worry, we never actually saw him die. Pierskachu has a strong chance of resurfacing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Welcome to the forum shadowman. This is a great topic idea. :)

I would like some more development with Ada, actually. I kind of want to know who she's working for, what her motives are etc. I don't want everything to be revealed because she is the shady spy and all, but I just wish we knew a little more about her.

The Leon/Ada romance is something that needs resolving to me, too. It seems to me like Capcom are trying to get a will they/won't they thing going, but it doesn't work as effectively because the games don't come out often enough for that to work, in my opinion. I think that one needs sorting out.

I agree that we need to see something of Jill. We need to find out what happened to her after RE5, what her reactions were and what she's been up to. It's been too long since then.

I also want the whole Jessica and Raymond situation to be resolved as well. Are they good or bad? Who are they working for?

The Family - who are they and why are they involved in bio-terror?

And finally, the biggest mystery I want resolved - Natalia's cardigan.

Last edited:

shadowman912

Thanks Jen :)

You're right, Ada must maintain some amount of mystery about her. It's who she is. And their romance would be so much more beleiveable if they came out with a movie or game involving it every year or two. Damnation's director tried with the "that night" thing. I do think a CGI movie dedicated to the two would be a good way to get the story out, without it effecting the games.

The best I can help with Raymond and Jess, is I believe they were supposed to be working for Wesker/Tricell to set up part of 5's plot, but I read that off her wiki awhile back. So could be speculation nonsense. I wish capcom kept up an online character profile system of sorts.

The Family-all I know about them is what Adas Files in 6 said. I don't think we're done seeing them. Basically I think Americas oldest richest most powerful family. Willing to destroy a city to maintain the status quo of world power and order.

And finally, the biggest mystery I want resolved - Natalia's cardigan.
And this...I replayed chapter one so many times for this. I finally decided only two possibilities existed.
1. While Barry was doing Barry things, she found another child survivor and beat them to death for it. Survival of the fittest.
2. She knitted it out of those bricks.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
First: Welcome @shadowman912 ;)

Nice idea for a topic, so I'm gonna post my thoughts here too

-Just finish that Leon/Ada drama for god's sake. I like them both but they've been dragging this bs for like 20 years or something? It's time to resolve/end this!

Jill's entire purpose in life to me almost seems to be to support Chris. She survived Racoon almost single handedly to fade into the dust as merely Chris's partner? Nah. Again, there's a suggestion of romance there to tie up, and I'd like a view of her as a person, not just a soldier.
- As a Jill fan I agree. They turned her into Chris' sidekick who can't exist without him, although she's a main character -_-' I think I don't want to see them as partners as well, but they need to interact smh in RE7 or Rev3 via a cutscene or E-Mail or whatever. I wanted some closure to their long history together after RE5, since RE6 didn't do that, I just have to wait and see what they gonna do.
But yeah I want her to be on her own again like RE3 (in a more "civilian" role) and I want the see the effects of Wesker's control on her and her personality. Maybe she quit her job in the BSAA.... Anyways they need to tie up the loose ends with Jill.

-Also: Is Jill still blond? x'D

-Rebecca Chambers, Carlos Oliviera, Billy Coen and just a few to mention. What the hell happened to them?

-What's up with Jessica and Raymond and the FBC? Neil mentioned the FBC in Rev2. Could they be still a potential threat?

-Is Neo-Umbrella (ella, ella, eh, eh, eh. sorry couldn't resist xD) really down? We never had an official confirmation on that one, if I remember correctly.

As for Piers... On the one hand I do want him back, but on the other hand I don't want him back. You see, I think his sacrifice should mean something and bringing him back would only turn him into a gimmick, but I'd like to see him kicking Chris' ass and take over his role in future RE games. I do remember reading somewhere Piers was actually never intended to survive past RE6 and his purpose was to die in Chris' campaign for dramatic effect, but you never know. Maybe he's still alive or maybe it's just wishful thinking that he might be...Oh well, F*ck it. Just bring Piers back ;D

shadowman912

I think Piers will come back, but as a BOW well have to defeat :( I haven't played Chris's 6 campaign in awhile, but I almost remember him mutating gills near the end?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I think Piers will come back, but as a BOW well have to defeat :(
Not necessarily! If you remember RE5 we also had to fight against Jill (and I really hated every second of it), but you weren't allowed to kill her instead you had to save her. They could do something similiar with Piers, if he appears again. As for his curing: I think Jill produces enough antibodies for everyone :D However, I don't remember if you need Jake's to cure the C-Virus or if they could simply use Jill's as a substitute to cure Piers.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They need to resolve:

1. This leon / ada love story, I really liked it at first but re6 just annoyed Me. Thr next time should either make it happen or break it up.

2. "The family",
These were introduced in re6 but their background and status are still pretty largely unknown.

3. The Natalia and Alex situation with the Burtons needs to be progressed further and not left as an incomplete side story.

4. Ada's character needs some real progression now, who does she really work for, is ada her actual name? How many companies has she worked for?

5. Jessica and Raymond.

6. Where does Jake fit into society now?

7. What's left of China?

shadowman912

Not necessarily! If you remember RE5 we also had to fight against Jill (and I really hated every second of it), but you weren't allowed to kill her instead you had to save her. :D However, I don't remember if you need Jake's to cure the C-Virus or if they could simply use Jill's as a substitute to cure Piers.

Touche'. But it would have to be Jake's blood, Jill's unless I'm mistaken are just for the T-Virus?, but I think they have it on file now. So in theory, they can produce a cure for everything whenever there's a breakout after our hero's contain it or stop the source.
But his death did serve a purpose to Chris, so his comeback should too somehow. If not, oh well. Chris has been begging for death for two games now. -.-

shadowman912

They need to resolve:

1. This leon / ada love story, I really liked it at first but re6 just annoyed Me. Thr next time should either make it happen or break it up.

4. Ada's character needs some real progression now, who does she really work for, is ada her actual name? How many companies has she worked for?

6. Where does Jake fit into society now?

7. What's left of China?

Excellent points. I'm hoping 6 was the build-up to resolving Ada/Leon. They should have just let them kiss on the sky bridge. Leon filled his back with Simmons bullet bones for 5 seconds of eye contact and hand holding? Come ooonnn. And him vowing to protect Carla with his life from Chris. That should have been the real Ada trapped there to hear it. They robbed them both in 6 like they robbed Jill from sending a rocket into Wesker :(
But with Helena breaking the barrier and forcing Leon to admit he loves her, plus him having her compact to save and give back to her, unless capcom screws us, it's set up to come to a head imo. And with Leon still thinking she hatched out a cacoon 20 years ago, I hope he'll do some digging.

I wouldn't mind an entire full game playing as Ada. Leon could be the for an unknown reason and pop up to aid her mysteriously for a change, but isn't able to warn her about why he's there until near the end. We learn about her, he learns about her, maybe they get to make out in the end. Everybody wins!

Jessica, just a fan theory, I feel works for the same organization as Ada.

The Family, I cannot source where I read it, but I found something saying the new unknown head of The Family has sworn a painful deafeat of Neo-Umbrella. So Carlas death maybe didn't end them either. An underground war between them could be a new plot point? They're both armed with bio weapons. And I kinda feel like Carlas ultimate creation was an Albert doppelganger made from Jake's DNA to lead the new Umbrella.

China, I think they saved. Hunnigan buzzed Leon that they developed a cure as he got on the helicopter.

Natalia/Alex better get resolved. We saw her looking at a new article about the president being killed. And the national security Advisor is dead. I think she's about to make a power move. Maybe revelations two set the stage for 7, like rev 1 did for 5. Still ticked 7 wasn't at least teased at E3 -.-

Oh! Forgot about Jake. Very good question. We saw him still fighting BOWs, but nothing else :p I wonder how he'll react to find out he has an aunt out there still.

Last edited:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Not necessarily! If you remember RE5 we also had to fight against Jill (and I really hated every second of it), but you weren't allowed to kill her instead you had to save her. They could do something similiar with Piers, if he appears again. As for his curing: I think Jill produces enough antibodies for everyone :D However, I don't remember if you need Jake's to cure the C-Virus or if they could simply use Jill's as a substitute to cure Piers.
lol awesome

Top Bottom