• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 RE 7 New Footage "Lantern".

ResidentDevil

RE Mania

Got some serious Lisa Trevor vibe here. Also, this one of the found footage gameplay. Or could this part be "playable document".

Screenshots:
Resident-Evil-7-biohazard_2016_08-17-16_001.jpg

Resident-Evil-7-biohazard_2016_08-17-16_003.jpg

More here

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
This continues to be exactly the opposite of a game I want to play. Damn it...
"When asked how Resident Evil 7 compares to its horror game contemporaries, like first-person horror games Amnesia and Outlast, Nakanishi said both are great experiences, but they left him feeling frustrated. He wanted to have a weapon, to feel powerful enough to strike back, he said. Resident Evil 7's playable character will have the means to fend off his or her foes"

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Interesting. My biggest worry is that if say for example you got caught at the 1:30 mark. I don't want it to turn into some scripted event where you get killed and have no control over your character. Kind of like when the Family Guy punches you. You better be able to run and it better be in real time. Outlast pulled this bull**** and it was one of the few things about that game that was bad.

The environments are impressive and really give a strong Resident Evil vibe. I'm very happy about that. I'm thinking that this bit is from the final release as it looks very much like a "South Eastern" state.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I got absolutely no Re vibe from this what so ever.
It doesn't show anything at all.

All i got from this trailer is that we're being stalked by an old lady with a lamp.

Its like we're trespassing in this poor old woman's house. Shes trying to take action against us and we have just assumed she's infected becsuse of this and her poor dental hygiene.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Is the woman at the end supposed to be infected by something, do you think? Just that I'm not seeing much of a biohazard. :p

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I like the environments, but need I remind you (again) that nobody be mislead: they're just trying to show off the whole horror atmosphere for now. The good stuff, i.e: actual combat, zombies, BOWs, etc. will come at a later time. Just you wait.

And I LOVE that they're doing this, it keeps us getting excited for more. It's a brilliant marketing strategy that WILL pay off for Capcom IMHO. It's funny because already I see comments on YT "PT n Owtlahst ripawf!" you know, kinda like when they showed the tech demo.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I didn't dislike everything I saw here. As an indie horror game, this would be great... for people who are into that "run and hide, can't fight back" kind of gameplay, that is.

What I do still dislike is that it doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all. It's not just the lack of known and beloved characters (which still bothers me, but let's forget about that for now), it's how they turn everything that used to be RE upside down while still claiming to be going back to the roots. They must be talking about some other game's roots then, because I don't remember ever having to run and hide from an enemy in this franchise... well, except for a few badly executed ideas with Ustanak in RE6. And if this is just a marketing strategy, I don't get it either. What do they want us to buy in the end - the game they're actually making, or the game they're trying to make us think they're making, which is apparently something completely different?

Well... if the Capcom quote from above is anything to go by, at least this whole "run and hide" gameplay isn't going to stick. So maybe there's hope left. But I'm still not sold.

I take it the guy we play as may be called Ethan?

Unless this is just another plot-irrelevant mini-game they pieced together to show us how little RE7 has in common with its predecessors, it seems to me like the main character is the woman talking to Ethan, because it's her voice we keep hearing. And I think I heard that voice before, I just can't place it right now.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
The Wyatt family confirmed to be in this game too?!

And I LOVE that they're doing this, it keeps us getting excited for more. It's a brilliant marketing strategy that WILL pay off for Capcom IMHO. It's funny because already I see comments on YT "PT n Owtlahst ripawf!" you know, kinda like when they showed the tech demo.
Yeah, I like how they also commented about how this is walking simulator yet they ignored PT because that demo was the exact definition of a walking simulator (and pixel hunting simulator too).

RedPanda

4x the awesome
So, the girl in this trailer, the one who's POV we're seeing, is named Mia right? Idk if someone's already mentioned it here but it was in the article I think. And we don't actually play as Mia, we play as a dude, probably Ethan. Which means that this also isn't actual RE7 gameplay? Unless it's like the video tape but for the real game, in which case I'm guessing Mia is toast no matter what, which would seemingly defeat the purpose of the run and hide mechanic because you're screwed either way. But we also know that the real main character is going to have guns and stuff, so that means the actual gameplay isn't like this, which is good in the sense that it might be more RE-like, but bad in the sense that they will have somehow managed to show us more without actually showing us anything yet again. I'm more confused by this than anything. Still excited in general though.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Now that you say it, I'm noticing those horizontal lines in the picture that do make it seem like camera footage. But... unless she has one of those super-modern gizmos from Mockingjay that you can wear around your body, how does she hold the camera while using both her hands to open the door at the beginning?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I like the environments, but need I remind you (again) that nobody be mislead: they're just trying to show off the whole horror atmosphere for now. The good stuff, i.e: actual combat, zombies, BOWs, etc. will come at a later time. Just you wait.

The thing is though, we had the whole of the demo as a 'tone setter'. It's time they started giving us some more concrete information about the other aspects of the game. I'm not saying reveal everything to us, but just a few teasers about the enemies and combat and stuff wouldn't go amiss.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Now that you say it, I'm noticing those horizontal lines in the picture that do make it seem like camera footage. But... unless she has one of those super-modern gizmos from Mockingjay that you can wear around your body, how does she hold the camera while using both her hands to open the door at the beginning?

It was the same in the demo, they guy was meant to be holding a camera but you could see his shadow and he was walking with his hands by his side

Top Bottom