• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Rare Weapons

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So, what's the deal with those rare weapons?
First of all, they're not really that "rare". I've received all of them several times by now, they also appear in the shop now and then, and I usually keep them because they look funny, not because I actually use them.
Which leads to the second point: Are they supposed to be more useful than the "normal" weapons? Because that's what I expect from a weapon that is rare or hard to obtain, but I don't think it's the case. The Drake spreads the pellets even more than other shotguns, the High Roller is slower than other machine guns, the Pale Rider magnum is indeed powerful, but also slow and has a very small ammo clip, and I don't really remember what the Muramasa rifle was like, but if it's so forgettable, I suppose it wasn't that great either.
What do you think about rare weapons? Is there anything special to them that I'm just overlooking?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I don't think there's anything that special about them other than the fact that they look unique and have some bonus attributes. The ones you get from the present codes are low level weapons, so you can easily get weapons that are far better in game by buying them from the store or finding them on different stages. It all depends on the level of the weapons really.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not all of them have low levels, I also have a Level 40-something High Roller, but it still isn't very special compared to the other machine guns. :( But yes, they do look quite unique... Is it just me or does the Drake shotgun look like a pig?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
All of the rare weapons got the highest firepower in their classes, of course considering that all guns are the same level when comparing.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think the Drake shotgun is the only gun that can be level 50 and have 6 slots.

The pale rider has the best firepower

The high roller I think has the biggest capacity or something

The Muramasa has faster reload time maybe?

I think it's something like this but I'm not entirely sure

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I think the Drake shotgun is the only gun that can be level 50 and have 6 slots.

The pale rider has the best firepower

The high roller I think has the biggest capacity or something

The Muramasa has faster reload time maybe?

I think it's something like this but I'm not entirely sure
The High Roller has the lowest capacity out of all the assault rifles.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hmmmm
In that case I'm not sure
I dislike the highroller anyway so I haven't used it enough to know what it benefits

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'll keep playing until I reach Level 50 (I suppose you can't get any higher than that?), then I'll buy them all (or get them in some other way) to see how good they really are. If they really have a better fire power than the others, I'll probably start using them regularly. (That's important because Level 60 Oozes even survive rockets! :confused: )

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I think they can all be pretty good weapons, but they have to be at the right level and outfitted properly. It's like some of the power weapons that have massive shots but are super heavy. There's always drawbacks. My pink rare High Roller was crap but my blue rare one later on was my fave machine gun for a while (as long as I used Jill and upped the firing rate). The Drake is kinda too slow if you're staring at 10 hunters, but Quint with a Drake upped with Narrow, Blind, Long Magazine, and Firing Rate/Reloader is IMO the easiest way to get an S in the final fight.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
speaking of rare weapons, when i logged into my res.net account i apparantly received a rare case weapon? or shum-thing like this? woah :eek:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I got one too, it probably has something to do with the online event going on at the moment.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I was referring to the "event" that allows you to buy new rare weapons, it's not an event like the others, so I think everyone "takes part" automatically. I haven't bought anything yet either.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Yea I got a rare weapon case on re net too. It was a lvl 17 python. What did you guys/gals get?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I was referring to the "event" that allows you to buy new rare weapons, it's not an event like the others, so I think everyone "takes part" automatically. I haven't bought anything yet either.
There have been events like that before but you didn't get anything free, there is nothing said about weapon cases in the description either.
Yea I got a rare weapon case on re net too. It was a lvl 17 python. What did you guys/gals get?
A Government, nothing rare I'd say. I suppose it gives a gun according to your current level.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Then it's probably just a nice surprise. I got this and I can't complain.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

i got a lvl 26 Python, at first i thought it was going to be a unique looking [appearance wise] weapon....but it seems that, since i really like the Python, magnum wise.....this one is okay, the lvl thing isn't too bad *ha haa*

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I've been getting loads of supplies lately, can anyone explain why that is? Does this happen to you too or is someone just being nice and sending me stuff? (Are you supposed to see the name of the person who sends you supplies? Then I could exclude this possibility since I don't see a name.)

Top Bottom