• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question to all on RE apparel

Anubis8tree

Hey guys, I'm trying to make some RE swagg and I've reached out to Capcom for permission on using the RE logos to make a RE store with great gear. However, my heart was broken when they told me..."Thank you for contacting Capcom USA Customer Support. We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. As a corporate policy, we do not provide express permissions or license to our intellectual property".

Has anyone done tshirt or have experience on this? Please help. Thanks.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi Anubis - I think legally they do not want others to profit off of their license. However, I think you are free to make shirts and items and give them away for free. As long as you dont make money, I dont think they have a lot of legal reasons to stop you. But I could be wrong.

Anubis8tree

Thanks, I wanted to see if they could at least allow me to pay yearly for permission to use. It would make sense to grow the industry and continue the RE legacy. I see other people selling RE shirts and memorabilia. I don't get it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nice initiative. :) But I'm not surprised they would give a negative response. They want to have control over their property, and they want all the revenue from RE merchandise. What is legal and what is fair I cannot say, this may also vary somewhat from country to country.

Have anyone been at a big rock or pop concert where NOBODY sold T-shirts and other effects with the band's name and logos near the arena? I have not. Usually there are tons of such sellers. I would be surprised if all of them (or any of them) had a permission from the band.
If this is legal, or if they are just lucky and get away with it, I don't know.

Top Bottom