• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question of the Week #15; Would you turn back time & stop the Holocaust?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
This week's question came from @Flipqy42

Um, Hi. I have an idea for a question of the week. It's basically that age old time travel question: If you had a time machine, and came across 5-year-old Hitler, would you have it in you to kill him? (Yes, my interest in this question sparked because of what's-his-name said he would kill baby Hitler. I think it was one of the Republican guys).
Flipqy is referring to this clip from presidential candidate Jeb Bush.

Meg

So bin ich eben
No I wouldn't. I'm not going to play God and there's no way of knowing what would happen after baby Hitler was dead anyway. Also, I could never bring myself to kill someone else. I don't care if it's Hitler. Murder's bad, mmmk? You shouldn't murder people. Mmmk?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Assumed the travel back in time was not a one-way ticket, I would go and kill Hitler. And I would go and kill Mao and Stalin too. After thinking a bit, I would probably come up with lots of people I would go back and kill.

This would of course upset some crazy fans of Hitler, and maybe they would hurry back in time and kill me first.

Time travel can really be confusing, nothing will ever be certain again.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well here is the thing. There is a chance that someone better would take Hitler's place. And there won't be WW1 and WW2 Which sounds really good. But on the other hand thetr is a chance that someone worse could take his place.

To answer the question I will go back in time but I won't kill him. Instead I will try to find out what exactly caused him to take the path he took and try to change it.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well here is the thing. There is a chance that someone better would take Hitler's place. And there won't be WW1 and WW2 Which sounds really good. But on the other hand thetr is a chance that someone worse could take his place.
I think you need to check your history there, bud. Hitler had nothing to do with WWI - he was a rookie soldier on the ground and had no executive power or influence until joining the Nazi Party later. Whether WWII would have been a 'world' war without Hitler is certainly debatable, but killing him would have no effect on WWI.

Anyway, I need a bit of research to properly respond so I'll post in a bit.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Wouldn't do it. Though, I would try to get the Jewish survivors sent to the United States instead of Israel.

Zionism and the faith has led to a lot of targeting for extermination, be it nazis, muslim nation-states, or even christian Europe. Though a lot of my brethren would be mortified at the suggestion of stepping down their observance in the name of survival (denying is a horrible sin unless it's a matter of life and death), I find myself asking which of the two is really more important? Every day another one (or more) die because they care so much for the holy land. As far as I can see, it's the tenacious who are to blame. Certainly it's not where you practice your faith that matters the most; even in the eyes of faith.

In my opinion, the ties between us Jews are more racial than they are spiritual.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
My grandpa fought and escaped Poland (I'm 1/4 Polish) after his parents were taken from him. He came to England and met my grandma and very many years after thr war ended he got to see his parents again.
If it wasn't for the war I wouldn't exist today to tell you what he had been through.
I wouldn't change anything, history shapes people into what they are now.
Things could have been alot different

ArabPikachu

I wouldn't. Adolf Hitler's evil killing of ethnic groups was merely a symptom of the bigger picture (specifically the moral degradation of humanity).

Last edited:

umbra aeterna

Butterfly effect...Also you woukd have to pevent world war 1 first.

And aslo not just hitler...there is indication that if hitler had a differnt life..he wpuld have just been an artist.what about stalin? And what if the next person was smarter?also for everyone jewish...think about all the reperations some of you would not have gotten...but it woul!s oleve the isreal problem.
And ehat about russia and communism? so many angles.
So...would anyone turn back time to stop slavery ? Just curious

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
If I was going to turn back time and assassinate Hitler or stop the Holocaust or something, I'd have to watch Schindler's List first. I also might erase myself from existence because the reason my grandmother's family came to Canada is because they were being pursued by the Soviets.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Never...As cruel as it sounds the Holocaust was the catalyst for what made the modern world...We learned so much from WWII. We as in humans and the world...It's not like preventing the Holocaust would keep other forms of mass genocide from happening...

Top Bottom