• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Progenitor Virus

Chloe Smith

While I was being a busy little Chloe, and looking at the Resident Evil 5 Kijuju site, I noticed something etched in the background. Progenitor Virus. I thought for a minute, and maybe it's the name of the new virus that is making the people that populate the area go crazy in such a way. Just a guess, but it's something I am really pondering about.

A-Virus300

Well the people in Africa, the infected ppl, seem to be like the ones in RE4, we would know about it a long time ago then!
But if it was to be a new virus, there would be something else!
In the trailer some creatures were "new-looking" so yeah could be a new virus!

Chloe Smith

I don't think that Las Plagas will be making a return. I think all of them are infected with the P-Virus, but all get different symptoms.

Hoady

Well they can ride motorbikes so they might be smarter but i don't know, wesker probably got that stuff from Ada(I don't know bullied her or something)then he probably turned it up a notch and infected the africans to test it?I really don't know i just made that off the spot.

Chloe Smith

Well, it was different from Las Plagas, I mean, the villagers in Resident Evil 4 were all infected, but only a few of them would go all "Mr. Big Ugly Bug Head" on you. I wonder if that will be the case in Resident Evil 5.

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
[quote author=Chloe Smith link=topic=717.msg18497#msg18497 date=1229396725]
While I was being a busy little Chloe, and looking at the Resident Evil 5 Kijuju site, I noticed something etched in the background. Progenitor Virus. I thought for a minute, and maybe it's the name of the new virus that is making the people that populate the area go crazy in such a way. Just a guess, but it's something I am really pondering about.
[/quote]

The Progenitor Virus is a virus which predates the T-virus.

Resident Evil Wiki said:
The Progenitor Virus was the first mutagenic virus ever discovered and would become the base from which the Umbrella Corporation's most successful bio-organic weapons research would stem several decades later. The Mother Virus was discovered by Edward Ashford, and Lord Ozwell E. Spencer in an attempt to enhance its efficiency as a biological weapon. After being experimented upon by Dr. James Marcus, the Umbrella Corporation was then founded by the three, with Spencer providing most of the funding, to disguise the research they hoped to carry out. Dr. Ashford, who had high hopes for dramatic medical and scientific achievements through the study of the virus, died because of a Progenitor Virus infection in 1968.
James Marcus then combined the Progenitor virus with leech DNA, creating the T-virus. Dr. Marcus' two most valued (and ironically most trusted) assistants, William Birkin and Albert Wesker, would then assassinate Marcus at the request of his partner and co-founder, Lord Spencer, and continue his research from within the secluded Arklay Research Facility. Here, under Spencer's supervision, Dr. Birkin continued to experiment on Lisa with new variants of the T-virus. These experiments led to the creation of the G-virus at a much later point in time.

And here is a link:http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Progenitor_Virus
Now, this could be a made up lie but for some reason I doubt it actually is.

Top Bottom