• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Possibility of a REmake 2

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There have been similar threads, but most are opinion threads...I have something a little more than an opinion, however certainly not set in stone...I found this on the RE wiki, so take what you will from it...
Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi, who had previously worked on the series as weapons designer and graphics animator, alluded to the possibility of a full-fledged remake of Resident Evil 2.
180px-Peggle.jpg
Game designer and producer Jun Takeuchi said that Capcom has been considering a complete remake of Resident Evil 2.

What do you guys them of this?

rob9524

I really cant see it, its up there with the final fantasy fans who want a remake of 7. And if they did it would be without the old controls and camera which would ruin it for me.

I hope im wrong mind you, but what id like to see that would make more sense is a ps3/360 hd rerelease of zero and the remake, those games looked so good.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Do you have a source KK? I don't think this would be a good idea, they should make a different game as good as RE2, but not go back to Raccoon.
RE has been returning to Raccoon city and old events time and time again. It's time for the series to move on and make new stories and new scenarios...

Jakeykins18

Useless
Do you have a source KK? I don't think this would be a good idea, they should make a different game as good as RE2, but not go back to Raccoon.
RE has been returning to Raccoon city and old events time and time again. It's time for the series to move on and make new stories and new scenarios...
I think this is what they're trying to do w/ RE6
and I hope they won't return to Raccoon City. ORC completely ruined it for me.
They just need to let the place RIP.

They shouldnt even do a remake, they should just release it onto xbox marketplace.

Not gonna lie, I would play it. But I don't want it done, because it wouldn't be done right. Second RE1 needed a remake, RE2 doesn't. Why does RE2 need to be remade? Other than kicked up graphics and adding things that don't need to be added I wouldn't see the point. I enjoy RE2 the way it is, entertainment companies in general need to focus on new stuff and not just remakes of everything.

I love Racoon City so I wouldn't mind more references, hell I wouldn't even mind another game based on that time and setting if done right. After all it's an entire city, there were probably a few more survivors and other parts of the city we have not seen.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
They need to do a remake for RE2. With the success of REmake 1 and you combine that with how loved RE2 is among fans, you have a big seller. Everybody wins.

And I'd like a remake for RE3 and CV, but that might be asking for a little much.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Bruno...I'm not sure if there is a source...I mean..This was the caption for a video that claimed to say the same thing...But my computer is too slow to load the video, so I'm not sure...

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I'd love to have it remade, so many childhood memories (and terrors) from it. Making graphics up to par with this generation, keeping the old camera but maybe adding the ability to raise or lower the gun using the right stick for more accurate shots, and other small, but useful, stuff like this.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I would play a remake of 2 but I really think that the original is perfect the way it is. To me when a game is great it doesnt matter if the graphics are dated. Like The Legends of Zelda:OCOT or Mortal Kombat 2... games like that are timeless and RE2 fits in with my top 10 games of all time... and many many many other pplz

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I would play a remake of 2 but I really think that the original is perfect the way it is. To me when a game is great it doesnt matter if the graphics are dated. Like The Legends of Zelda:OCOT or Mortal Kombat 2... games like that are timeless and RE2 fits in with my top 10 games of all time... and many many many other pplz
...How I long to Play LoZ:OoT again...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I still got mine, all boxed away in the closet with my lovely N64. I get it out and hook it up when I get some old school cravingz.
A friend of my had his house broke into and his was stolen...So I gave him mine...This has been a couple of years ago...I haven't played it since...Now and again I get the urge..And as much as I love it, Twilight Princess just doesn't quite satisfy it...

Grenadeh

As others have said, Capcom would royally screw it up. They are incapable of making a game that is worth even 15 dollars at this point in time - that includes everything, MM, MVC, RE, DMC, Dead Rising, and Lost Planet (And I like some of those games and have them). It would be AWESOME, I think, to have an updated RE2 with modern graphics and aiming. It would also change the game entirely if you had co op and could actually aim, but that wouldn't make it garbage. RE1 kind of did need a remake but the way they did it they added so much retcon to the story.

I guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope RE6 isn't as god awful as we're all probably right to think it will be at this point, with the information we now have. We'll find out in a month when the demo comes out.

Raccoon City has been overdone, kind of. ORC - which is NOT as terrible as people like to cry that it is (just needs some major work on the guns) - is pretty awesome for it's re-make of a lot of the city. On top of that you have DSC and UC which, despite changing things to work as a rail shooter and co op game, did bring us back and it was awesome. Then you also have RE2, RE3, and Outbreak 1/2. Leave RC well enough alone.

Let's just hope that they stop with this action game steroid-nonsense and get back to the point. Unfortunately they aren't going to, or at least aren't learning lessons. As you saw in Rev, they fell back on the old "New game = New virus strain, right? Is 15 different viruses enough guys? Do they love us yet? Please tell us they love us." formula, with a little bit of backstabbing and double-crossing like the old days.

If there were a court that could legally take Resident Evil away from Capcom and give it to a company who would treat it with the respect it deserves (unlike Capcom and what they have done in the past 13 years), that would be boss.

What they need to do is stop regurgitating. They have so many characters sitting in limbo. Rebecca could get her own game again. Claire definitely needs her own game because frankly, CV was good but it wasn't that good. Jill needs some more exposure too - or at least they should stop being utterly illogical and if she's going to be Chris's partner, actually have her team with Chris. Ada can definitely use her own game. I'm sure if you asked me I could BS a better story idea together off the top of my head than Capcom would if they actually made an Ada game, but the point is she is at this point more developed than Jill, Barry, Rebecca, and many other characters, and could use her own game. They have a bad habit of treating fans like they don't have memory - there are so many one time cameo characters it's pathetic at this point in time. Literally so many I can't even name them. Billy, Excella, Yoko (or whatever), Jim, Ryman, Carlos, Josh, Sheva, Jessica, Kirk, Rachel, Cindy, Alyssa, Marcus, Alfred, Rodrigo, it's just silly. Barry has been entirely absent from the storyline for 16 years. He showed up in RE3 to fly a helicopter depending on the conditions. So where is he? What's he up to? Retirement? Did he make it out of RC? What about Angela? Why bring back Sherry after 14 years in apropos of nothing when it could have been Ashley Graham (though at least they brought back Sherry) and probably should have been considering she has a personal interest in the fact that her dad is dying in the next game?

Doddledandy

In support of Albert Wesker.
Although I don't think it NEEDS a re-make, I would still play it. It would be exciting to see the graphics improved for a more realistic experience, but then again, some of my happiest memories are of playing this game. It was the very first RE game I had ever played.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
As others have said, Capcom would royally screw it up. They are incapable of making a game that is worth even 15 dollars at this point in time - that includes everything, MM, MVC, RE, DMC, Dead Rising, and Lost Planet (And I like some of those games and have them). It would be AWESOME, I think, to have an updated RE2 with modern graphics and aiming. It would also change the game entirely if you had co op and could actually aim, but that wouldn't make it garbage. RE1 kind of did need a remake but the way they did it they added so much retcon to the story.

I guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope RE6 isn't as god awful as we're all probably right to think it will be at this point, with the information we now have. We'll find out in a month when the demo comes out.

Raccoon City has been overdone, kind of. ORC - which is NOT as terrible as people like to cry that it is (just needs some major work on the guns) - is pretty awesome for it's re-make of a lot of the city. On top of that you have DSC and UC which, despite changing things to work as a rail shooter and co op game, did bring us back and it was awesome. Then you also have RE2, RE3, and Outbreak 1/2. Leave RC well enough alone.

Let's just hope that they stop with this action game steroid-nonsense and get back to the point. Unfortunately they aren't going to, or at least aren't learning lessons. As you saw in Rev, they fell back on the old "New game = New virus strain, right? Is 15 different viruses enough guys? Do they love us yet? Please tell us they love us." formula, with a little bit of backstabbing and double-crossing like the old days.

If there were a court that could legally take Resident Evil away from Capcom and give it to a company who would treat it with the respect it deserves (unlike Capcom and what they have done in the past 13 years), that would be boss.

What they need to do is stop regurgitating. They have so many characters sitting in limbo. Rebecca could get her own game again. Claire definitely needs her own game because frankly, CV was good but it wasn't that good. Jill needs some more exposure too - or at least they should stop being utterly illogical and if she's going to be Chris's partner, actually have her team with Chris. Ada can definitely use her own game. I'm sure if you asked me I could BS a better story idea together off the top of my head than Capcom would if they actually made an Ada game, but the point is she is at this point more developed than Jill, Barry, Rebecca, and many other characters, and could use her own game. They have a bad habit of treating fans like they don't have memory - there are so many one time cameo characters it's pathetic at this point in time. Literally so many I can't even name them. Billy, Excella, Yoko (or whatever), Jim, Ryman, Carlos, Josh, Sheva, Jessica, Kirk, Rachel, Cindy, Alyssa, Marcus, Alfred, Rodrigo, it's just silly. Barry has been entirely absent from the storyline for 16 years. He showed up in RE3 to fly a helicopter depending on the conditions. So where is he? What's he up to? Retirement? Did he make it out of RC? What about Angela? Why bring back Sherry after 14 years in apropos of nothing when it could have been Ashley Graham (though at least they brought back Sherry) and probably should have been considering she has a personal interest in the fact that her dad is dying in the next game?

Look what happend when Silent hill got given to new Dev teams.

Top Bottom