• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outrage over Starbucks' red cups

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few days, you've probably heard all about the stink some people have been making over Starbucks' Christmas cup.

When I first heard about it, I totally thought it was a joke and that people were only feigning outrage. But it's evidently very real. Your thoughts?

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Yeah for one, I don't go to Starbucks because they are a bit too proud of themselves and their prices show that. The coffee isn't even that great. Now I will, on occasion, buy their frappucinos and mochas that you find in the glass bottles in stores but that's about it. I think there are much bigger problems in this world and for people to be making a stink over some red cups is absolutely ridiculous.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
No need to apologize, that's as reasonable a point as any.

No I have to. Because to me Christmas is just another day of the year. But for some people like Sandy and Aadriana Christmas as a bigger meaning.

Sandy said:
"Christmas is being with your family, peace and love and that the world needs love and peace no more war. That we all need to come together no matter who you are we all need love and no more hunger. We need to feed the children of the world, we need to give love and peace to the world...that's what Christmas means to me."

Aadriana said:
Christmas to me means a time when people put away their differences and come together to celebrate the birth of Christ. It also means spending time with my family and friends. Christmas is my favorite season not only because of the presents I recieve but the presents that I give. It is a lot of fun shopping for gifts and even making them. It is also a time to stop our crazy lives and focus on prayer and love

mjk321

I get it why people freak out if someone makes fun of their religion. but....this is a red cup

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It's so annoying that people are saying Starbucks "hates Jesus" because they took "Christmas" off of the cup. I mean, it could be more Christmas-y instead of being red, but it's not a big deal.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Blah blah blah non dispensable cups ruining the atmosphere blah blah blah recycle blah blah don't say merry Christmas it offends me blah blah change to happy holidays blah blah blah

Alright here's a recyclable cup in the colour Red for the holidays with no image to offend anyone.

BLAH BLAH THE CUP IS RED AND DOESNT CONTAIN ANY RECOLECTION OF THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS blah blah blah

This stemmed from some youtube guy who pushes his religious beliefs on people by the way, and it's just making him more popular which will spread his sh!T around even more.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Here's the problem with all this 'taking Christ out of Christmas' nonsense; There are many different - mostly older - holidays celebrated throughout the season, and many of them are still widely celebrated. Why should Christmas get special treatment? Why does everything always have to be so exclusive? Why can't people just be happy that they can celebrate anything?

If someone says Happy Holidays to you, you say it back. They are wishing you well. Do the same. Don't take it as some sort of coup against your precious sensibilities. Take it as the kindness that it is. Be happy that someone out there cared enough to wish you well. Don't twist it into some bitterness it never was intended to be. Not everyone celebrates exactly the way you do for exactly the same reasons you do. Deal with it. Repay kindness with kindness. That's what the f*cking season is supposed to be about.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I saw this picture yesterday which made me chuckle a little

54f.jpg

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Don't get me wrong, I know the people who are crying over this are a very small number of Christians and not indicative of Christianity as a whole... but damn, would be nice if this particular set of Christians got as upset over poverty and homelessness (things that Jesus actually cared about) as they are about red cups and the supposed war on Christmas?

If these cups genuinely bothered you, you have some seriously growing the **** up to do.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
*cough*Stupid.*cough*

Seriously, though; go work at a 24 hour establishment where all holidays are mandatory and tell me it's not just another day. People need to get over themselves. Contrary to popular belief, the world doesn't revolve around you and your sensitive sensibilities.

And either I do live under a rock or I have better things to do than worry about what people who pay too ****ing much for coffee think about disposable cups at a restaurant. You're paying six bucks for a cup of coffee and your only issue in all of this is what color the damn cup is?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few days, you've probably heard all about
Or unless you live outside of Starbucks-land. :p

I watched half of the video, it's all I needed to understand what the problem is. The problem isn't a red cup, it's too much drugs.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've actually seen ten times more people bitching about people bitching about the cups, than seen people ACTUALLY bitching about the cups themselves. This thread is kind of proof of that...Not saying I'm one of the ones outraged about it. I couldn't care less...But wanna know how we get it to stop...Don't talk about it...

Top Bottom