• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Novistadors and their eyes

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Now I'm getting more confused again. This happened:

I replayed the sewer section, and had just drained the water pit. Killed the two bugs in the
ceiling hole right outside the pump room, then I entered the main part of the sewer prison
again.

Now this bug comes bursting out of the cell, attacking me. I shoot it twice with the rifle.
It jumps to the ceiling, approaches me, jumps down right in front of me. I give it the final
and fatal rifle blast.

This bug SHOULD drop a RED or a GREEN eye (or ammo). And it drops a BLUE eye. :huh:

If there was one eye colour that seemed to not be random, it was blue. Right now the blue
colour seems a bit random too. :confused:

Edit,
After killing 10 Novistadors I have got: 4 blue, 3 red, and only 2 green.
(Green is least valuable.)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hmm, I don't know what to say about that. I'm still standing by the possibility of a programmed pattern, but at the same time- maybe it was just meant to not be terribly consistant, I would say.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Perhaps. But getting most of the most valuable colour and least of the least valuable colour, that
is not what I would expect from a programmed pattern.

(By the way, I added info my above post after you posted.)

EDIT:

Again I got a blue eye after killing a bug in close combat.
Maybe the game is glitched.

:unsure:

Hoady

I'm sure its random dude i went through that whole sewers once and didn't get a blue eye.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Does it really matter? Lol
As long as you have over 2-3 Blue bug eyes then your fine, because you put/combine all 3 eyes in a treasure you find. I dont think it sells for loads of pasatas maybe around 30K

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Alright, I played through the sewers again, and it was totally random this time around. Although I got a blue eye from a Novistador that didn't notice me, I also got a couple of green and a red from ones that didn't notice me as well. All the ones that were in the middle of attacking gave me green. This is really, really weird, especially because I definitely noticed the pattern last time around.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Can you explain what exactly you mean by pattern?

1) Is it that the colours are somewhat even in numbers? I think it is proven that this pattern
does not exist.
2) Or a pattern based on situation? This seems a possibility in my opinion.

Maybe it could be a situational pattern. This could mean that in one situation, it is an increased
chance for one particular color.

Situation A: Killed it when it has detected Leon. This can result in any colour, but maybe the
chance for green is increased. This can be called a pattern.

Situation B: Killed it in close combat. This can result in any colour, but maybe the chance for red
is increased. This can be called a pattern.

Situation C: Killed it before it detected Leon. This can result in any colour, but maybe the chance
for blue is higher than in situation A and B. (Green and red is still most common, but there's at
least a fair chance for blue.) This can be called a pattern.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought we kinda already covered this? Yes, I meant the three situational patterns you mentioned there and in the original post. I don't think I implied otherwise; I never said I believe the Novistadors drop an equal number of coloured stones.

Based on my recent two run throughs- and I just did the final nest again as well, I'd conclude (as you said) that while the chances for getting a certain colour are increased if you hit them during a certain action, the system is not infallable and there's room for plenty of error. I.e, it's inconsistant in the fact that it's not a perfect system. Haha, cheers. :p

Hoady

Wait, wait seriously do you really think capcom thought deeply about what they dropped and in what situation?Obviously its just a percentage on how you get it...Green is common, Red is uncommon and Blue is rare so lets say:
Green 2 and 1/2 in 5 chance.
Red 1 and 1/2 in 5 chance.
Blue 1 in 5 chance.
We're thinking way to deeply about this...capcom obviously just put a percentage on green being most common, blue being the rarest.When it involves me breaking out the maths something has gone wrong because i'm horrible at maths.

D

Deleted member 1428

It's pretty random really I mean there was this other bug that kicked me and sliced me and when I shot it with my Chicago Typewriter It dropped a blue eye and so did 2 others when I was in close combat also dropped blue eyes. And then there was the time I blew up these sitting ones with a rocket and both dropped red eyes.

Raef

Romero;43134 said:
Discussion on whether the eye color is random or not.

Quote from wiki:
The Eye colour depends on the "mode" the Novistador is in, for example, the default colour for the Novistador is blue,
when it doesn't notice Leon, whereas the colour is green when they detect Leon, and red in the middle of attacking.

-End of quote.

MAybe in another version besides the one for the PS2, because I would have more blue than anything. The first time you encounter the Novistadors (roughly translates to "No-Sighters") in the sewer, I always snipe the first four or so, who never see me. They don't drop blue eyes. In fact, the only times I EVER get blue eyes are from the ones that are a light grey, almost dark white.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Raef;48987 said:
The ones that turn invisible, that aren't a black color. ;)
I thought every Novistadors was invisible. Not encountered black ones yet. :huh:

Top Bottom